The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lynx AES16e PCI Express card!
Old 10th September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
sorry no help from my end, maybe try contacting someone like sonica or adk on these forums, the build these high end server based computers for DAW.

Usual things to try would be:

Update latest bios and drivers for mainboard

Take out 2 gbs of ram (problems can occur with more than two sticks on some boards)

Try and get some other drivers for your video card (might be conflicting with the other pciexpress, taking too much bandwidth

under Control Panel/System, select the Advanced tab. Click the Performance settings button and select the Visual Effects tab. Choose �adjust for best performance� and then select the Advanced tab. Under Processor Settings, select �adjust for best performance of background services� to ensure lowest latency with ASIO-based drivers (ASIO drivers run as background services in Windows).

Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

nForce Driver 19.06 - XP|Vista 32-bit download from Guru3D.com

Thank you for these suggestions, I'll give them a try asap.

Right now I'm trapped under multiple mix deadlines, so I haven't been able to troubleshoot that rig, it's all sitting unused.
I've already lost about 7 days trying to implement it originally, since I've shelved it I'm getting a lot of work done.
Old 11th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazman View Post
How comfortable are you at opening your system. If you are, see if you can go down to 2 gigs of RAM. That solved one of my problems this am.
I finally had some down time to work on this rig.

I removed 2 gigs of RAM, it didn't clear up my dropouts.

It appears to be output bus 6 that is causing the problems.
I'm trying to use the Aurora in an analog summing set up.

In Nuendo 4 I'm sending 6 stereo tracks each playing a stereo 1k sine wave, each being sent to their own stereo output bus on the Aurora; plus 2 mono tracks playing sine waves using up output bus 7, all sine waves are below -18dbFS, and no channels in N4 or on the Aurora are anywhere near clipping.
Those 7 output busses are being sent to a Folcrom and then to a pair of API 512c's for make-up gain.
The outputs of the API's are being sent to input bus 1 of the Aurora, which is routed to a stereo channel in N4 that I'm input monitoring through output bus 8 of the Aurora.
So basically I'm using all 16 outputs and 2 inputs, no plugs, all 24bit, 44k, any buffer settings, clocked by the AES16e card.

My sine wave tracks are 2 minutes long, so I sit and monitor, all seems to be going well, then I'll hear some random small dips and boosts in volume, shortly after that it'll change to full distorted/clicking noise. In the Lynx mixer output bus 6 starts to show dropouts that will count up to 1023 then stop, but the distortion remains. I can stop the distortion by opening/closing the Lynx mixer or clicking on the Lynx control panel in Nuendo's device manager.

Or I can mute output bus 6, and then it stops. I hear no other problems when output bus 6 is muted... I can mute it at the channel in Nuendo or directly in the Lynx mixer, either way it clears up the problem.
Is anybody using their Aurora 16/AES16e card set up like this successfully? Does anybody have any idea what is causing this, or how it can be fixed? Aurora hasn’t called me back in weeks and their support forum is a joke.
I still haven’t tried updating the video cards drivers yet as ekwipt has suggested I’ll try that this weekend.

UPDATE: Never mind about the dropouts being exclusive to output bus 6, it just happened this morning on output bus 8… crazy square wave-like distortion.
Old 11th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanG View Post
Aurora hasn’t called me back in weeks and their support forum is a joke.
Keep at them; I agree with you concerning their forum, but they're usually pretty good about phone support.
Old 11th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveschizoid View Post
Keep at them; I agree with you concerning their forum, but they're usually pretty good about phone support.
Yes, Paul at Lynx support has been great over the phone. But it's to the point now where I'm calling him back and saying' "it's still happening". I must have called him 15 times over 2 weeks. They know what problems I'm having and that they're unresolved, but they've never reached out to me with any new info, or to check back.
So I'll give them a call back on Monday.
Old 9th November 2008
Lives for gear

Maybe a silly question - but can you somehow use it with Macbook Pro Express card or is it something different ?
Old 9th November 2008
dropouts

In my set up Nuendo 4.2.2, Pc double quod, 3x AES16, 2x Aurora 16.

I noticed the dropouts when I open Nuendo, but it is limited to 1 drop across.

I noticed continues drop outs when ever I start Nuendo AFTER the Window Media player was open (using the AES as output).
If I restart the computer and then restart Nuendo it usually clear up right away.

On another note, Paul at Lynx is very nice and helpful tech, I never had a problem getting him on the phone.

I found out that the drop out is all about the correct setting of Studio Control in N. If the inputs and outputs are wrong or missing in the studio control set up I get the continued dropout. as soon as I make the change to the inputs and outputs there is no more drop outs.

Last edited by shauli; 10th November 2008 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: new information
Old 9th November 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISedlacek View Post
Maybe a silly question - but can you somehow use it with Macbook Pro Express card or is it something different ?
dfegadAES16e
Old 2nd January 2009
Lives for gear

There haven't been any new responses to this thread so I wanted to see how people are doing with the PCIE card. I currently have the AES16 and was thinking of adding an AES16e and I wanted to see if they are playing nice on Nuendo.
Old 2nd January 2009
Lives for gear

It's possible that the reason why this thread has been dormant is that Lynx has killed all the bugs. My AES16e has been working flawlessly with Cubase for quite some time now. No dropouts, no problems. I have a couple of projects that have 70+ tracks plus external fx - my Bricasti requires approximately 13ms of delay compensation - and the system still keeps it together.

I do wish they would make the ouput routing window a little more user friendly. I have my own laminated chart that helps me keep confusion at bay, and this is really my only complaint.
Old 5th August 2009
Gear Maniac

Havn't seen any complaints about the AES16e in quite some time. Are all the bugs worked out, then? Or has everyone just stopped using them?
Old 5th August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslator View Post
Havn't seen any complaints about the AES16e in quite some time. Are all the bugs worked out, then? Or has everyone just stopped using them?
On my Mac Pro 8 core it was go from minute 1. Another flawless Lynx experience.
Old 5th August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
On my Mac Pro 8 core it was go from minute 1.
Same here.
Old 5th August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslator View Post
I've got mine working flawlessly with Nuendo 4 and Wavelab 6 on a 2 core quad pc with Vista 64 OS. My previously described problems in this thread turned out to be caused by my pc. Once I got rid of that and replaced it with a new HP all my problems cleared up immediately.

Old 5th August 2009
Lives for gear

Mine has been running fine for a year on OSX.

By mistake a couple times I have setup Cubase projects at 44K and recorded very crackly tracks, but I never persued what the problem was, I just switched to 48K and all is well.

The output channel meters on the Lynx also seem to redline a little before the Cubase meters do (I'm talking 1-2 db difference), but I've never tried to track that issue down either, I just don't run too hot. Even when the Lynx meters redline slightly I don't hear any distortion. I suspect they have them set a tad conservatively.

Someday maybe I'll work on these 2 issues, but really I just make music with the AES16e and don't worry about it.
Old 6th October 2009
Here for the gear

Is AES16 - AES50 shipping yet or not?

Anybody?
Old 6th October 2009
Lives for gear

Does the AES16e do hardware monitoring (direct monitoring)?
I'm considering one to work along my Lynx Aurora converters, but was never quite sure about the monitoring situation while recording.

Thanks for any info on that.
Old 6th October 2009
Lives for gear

Yes, but the Lynx control panel has limitations and is fairly convoluted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanogil View Post
Does the AES16e do hardware monitoring (direct monitoring)?
I'm considering one to work along my Lynx Aurora converters, but was never quite sure about the monitoring situation while recording.

Thanks for any info on that.
Old 24th November 2009
Gear Nut

Could anyone give me the "round trip latency" reading from logic 9's core audio window?
Please tell me it's quick....
Preferably at 32 samples and 44.1. =)

Thx
Old 24th November 2009
Here for the gear

8.4ms
Old 24th November 2009
Gear Nut

NO WAY!!?? on what comp?? :-/
Old 24th November 2009
Here for the gear

G5, dual 2.5 GHz!
Old 24th November 2009
Gear Nut

Ok... I have a mac pro 8 core.... Wonder if that makes any difference...
Old 25th November 2009
Lives for gear

In Cubase I have a latency of 3,21ms with buffer at 256.
That's on a Mac Pro .
Much better than what My Motu interface used to do!
Old 27th October 2011
sorry if this has been covered but is there an AES cable that does 8 channels?

i need 16 i/o into my aurora 16 from an AES16e.

i just see the 4 i/o cable on the website.

thanks, jeremy
Old 27th October 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyglover View Post
sorry if this has been covered but is there an AES cable that does 8 channels?

i need 16 i/o into my aurora 16 from an AES16e.

i just see the 4 i/o cable on the website.

thanks, jeremy
Hi Jeremy

Each cable carries 4 AES stereo in and 4 out. If you need 16 in/out from your AES16e to the Aurora you need 2 CBL-AES1605 CBL-AES1605 - AES16/AES16e & Aurora Eight-channel HD26 to D25 Yamaha Cable

Cheers
Bill
Old 27th October 2011
thanks bill.
Old 18th April 2012
Here for the gear

Hi, i have the AES16e with last firmware (Build 12.3) driver (2.0 Build 19). I begun to experience problems with the low latency behavior (32 smpl) in ASIO Driver in Nuendo 4.3.1. This began by change the hardware in my Win 7 SP 1 PC from AMD CPU and Asus AM3 Mobo to Asus Intel mobo with chipset H67 sandy bridge second generation, with CPU Intel i5 2500K SOCKET 1155, RAM 8g Kingston, HDD 64G Solid State crucial.

The Problem : when startup mi nuendo 4.3.1 with Lyxn ASIO, the ASIO performance meter have a erratic behavior and pop in aundio signal, this occurs when the flag of multiprocessor is ON in nuendo inside ASIO options, when put in OFF this problem not happen, but when insert into the mixer 2 o 3 plugins Waves v8, the performance meter increases in 45% and startup pop in audio signal.

This not happen before with mi previous mobo Asus Am3 with phenom II 965 black edition, with the same memory, SSD disk and OS (Win 7 SP1). With this hardware setup and Nuendo 4.3.1 (Asio Lynx in 32smpl Latency and multiprocessor option in ON) could use up 15 waves v8 plugins, and the ASIO performance meter incresease to 48% and audio signal running stable.

Thanks, i appreciate some help in this. Sorry for my bad english

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search