The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Breverb!
Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

Breverb!

http://www.breverb.com/
some bold claims - but wow - this things looks pretty awesome!...but i wonder if it sounds awesome, too?

Overloud has announced Breverb, a hi-end algorithmic reverberation plug-in that aims to faithfully recreate the sound of revered hardware reverbs while keeping CPU load very low.

Breverb comprises four different algorithms, Hall, Room, Plate and Inverse, each one accurately modeled and engineered "with no compromises in sound quality". Breverb's no frills hardware-like user interface gives you immediate control over all of the parameters, allowing you to dynamically map parameters to six assignable controllers and to store, recall and automate presets in any way you want.

Main Features:

* 4 main Algorithms: Hall, Room, Plate and Inverse.
* Modeled after the most sought-after hardware units.
* Each Algorithm is engineered with no compromises in order to achieve maximum quality.
* Full EQ section to tailor Breverb frequency response.
* Extended Nonlinear section to forge reverberation shape.
* "Motion" controls to add liveness and musicality.
* Two different user interface modes: compact and hardware-like.
* Six fully assignable hardware-like faders.
* Full automation capability through host sequencers.
* Very low CPU usage: 80 stereo instances opened on a Pentium 4 3GHz processor.
* Host-sync of all rates and times.

Breverb's MSRP will be announced shortly after the NAMM Show. It will be available in the second quarter 2007 as a VST plugin for Windows and AU / VST for Mac OS X (Universal Binary).
Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

the visuals copies the tc6000, right?
Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

heh, yep..!!!! just add some placebo for the hell of it i guess! heh heh
Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

Yay, another reverb pluggin
Old 16th January 2007
Gear Maniac
Quote:
It will be available in the second quarter 2007

I'm curious what good it does them to announce this at this time. Their website is a static one page with the same above info. No demo's, nothing. I guess this just makes me a tad underwhelmed.
Old 16th January 2007
t_d
Lives for gear

+1

with VSS3, NonLin2, altiverb, and UAD Plate.. i need look no further...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch333 View Post
Yay, another reverb pluggin
Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaugruen7 View Post
the visuals copies the tc6000, right?
"Hi, we're Overloud and we like to copy TC Electronics, check out our new reverb plug-in! Don't let the name of our company fool you, we are very serious about sound, and don't look at the screen shot with normal levels coming in both left and right, yet it has an immensely distorted output on the right and nothing on the left, it's a problem and we are working on it. Hey, could you make sure and tell all your friends about us, and maybe post a picture on an internet forum or 3? Thanks!"
Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

I love a nice GUI, but GEEZ! That's a bit blatant! (No less blatant than Waves new V series though) Anyhow...

I'd like to take this time to anounce my new reverb plugin.

It's pretty much the best reverb ever.

MikeVerb4k91

Zero Latency
Zero Processor Hit
VERY clean sounding
Ultra Transparent

To purchase: I'll send you a Western Union money order, then you can cash it for me, keep 10% and wire me the ballance to my Indonesian bank account. Simple.
Attached Thumbnails
Breverb!-mikeverb4k91.jpg  
Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

Smile

This Looks Great....!!!I hope it sound as good as it looks....
Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

looks great
wonder how it sounds...
80 stereo instances opened on a Pentium 4 3GHz processor thats crazy
Old 16th January 2007
Gear Guru

Oh boy,here's something new.
..another reverb plug that claims to sound great and looks just like hardware..
Gee now thats original
Well I'll believe it when i hear it.
Yeah,were's the demo?
Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djui5 View Post
and don't look at the screen shot with normal levels coming in both left and right, yet it has an immensely distorted output on the right and nothing on the left, it's a problem and we are working on it.
LMAO!heh

You know, when I first clicked on this thread and saw the picture, I thought it was a hardware unit. Breverb...."B" Reverb....let's see, what low end manufacturer that starts with a B, blatantly copies high end hardware units? heh

But then I realized it's a plug in. Hey, can you change the angle of the unit in the software? What if I want to (pretend to) look at it straight-on?
Old 16th January 2007
Gear Guru

Yup ..judging from the meter output it is definitely Overloud.
Old 16th January 2007
Gear Addict

Did you also notice on the BReverb pic that there is no wet signal mixed in.
It's all dry, wonder if they're trying to tell us something.
Old 17th January 2007
Lives for gear

lol guys its a promo pic...u know the plugins isnt gonna actually look like that...right?

its gonna be a square surface i beleive..but u never know....have u seen the korg plugins? haha
Old 17th January 2007
Lives for gear

ive heard from a few people that the price is gonna be 249
Old 17th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
Yup ..judging from the meter output it is definitely Overloud.
LOL!!

Just what I need.....another reverb rip!
Old 17th January 2007
Lives for gear

best-thread-ever!
Old 21st January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomichael View Post
I love a nice GUI, but GEEZ! I'll send you a Western Union money order, then you can cash it for me, keep 10% and wire me the ballance to my Indonesian bank account. Simple.
No..since they just selling us a picture of a real unit may be we should be allowed to send them just a picture our our money

Yeah..thats an emulaton a hundred dollar bill
Old 25th January 2007
Gear Maniac

FYI

The Interface:
I checked it out at NAMM. The interface is exactly like the picture, which I like as I work with touch screens and the controls are a perfect size for this.

CPU Usage:
This plugin was coded using nothing but Assembler. No C++ or any other shortcut languages. That's how they are getting 80 running on a P4 3.0.

The Sound:
As some of you know, you cant judge something completely at a trade show as the ambient level is around 95db!!! I listened to Breverb on speakers and headphones soloing them on drums and vocal tracks and them listening to it in a mix. My initial impression was good. It didnt seem to muddy the mix as most reverbs do rather quickly.

Verdict (for now)
Cant wait to hear more in a control room.

Matthew Presley
Old 26th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Presley View Post
CPU Usage:
This plugin was coded using nothing but Assembler. No C++ or any other shortcut languages. That's how they are getting 80 running on a P4 3.0.
Hmm.. I think this was relevant like 3 or 4 years ago but now the best compilers are extremely good at compiling the code to get efficient assembler. So, a mixture of assembler + c seems to be the most common way to do things.

I think this "coded in pure assembler" is starting to be more marketing than anything these days. But hell.. what do I know, I'm no coder!

- bManic
Old 26th January 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
bmaniac wrote: I think this "coded in pure assembler" is starting to be more marketing than anything these days.
That's the way I see it too. I'm not sure the advantages of writing in assembly (to whatever degree they exist) are that significant.

At the very least, if Breverb is as CPU efficient as it claims to be, i suspect it has more to do with either the complexity of the algorithms (or lack of), or *maybe* some genuinely impressive coding/DSP by the plugin designers, or perhaps a little of both. That said, when I hear how the upcoming Bricasti has the equivalent processing power of something like 10 G5's, and compare that to the Breverb which is claimed to allow 80 stereo instances on one computer, I have to wonder how successful they are at modelling the "most sought-after hardware units."
Old 26th January 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Presley View Post
FYI

The Interface:
I checked it out at NAMM. The interface is exactly like the picture, which I like as I work with touch screens and the controls are a perfect size for this.

CPU Usage:

The Sound:
As some of you know, you cant judge something completely at a trade show as the ambient level is around 95db!!! I listened to Breverb on speakers and headphones soloing them on drums and vocal tracks and them listening to it in a mix. My initial impression was good. It didnt seem to muddy the mix as most reverbs do rather quickly.

Verdict (for now)
Cant wait to hear more in a control room.

Matthew Presley
picture?
Old 4th March 2007
Lives for gear

anybody heard anything new on this?!?
Old 6th March 2007
Lives for gear

Vapourware? Maybe the B boys realized that they are up against a seriously critical audience and needed to tweak the algorithms a bit, eh?

- bManic
Old 6th March 2007
Gear Maniac

The TC System 6000 does a whole lot more than reverb. If they can get Massenburg's EQ and some compression, then it could work.

BTW, snce the SSL Nendo doesn't have a UI, these guys could build that much-rumoured Nendo "Remote" and make money that way. Imagine: the SSL processors on a TC-like remote...yummy...

Just an idea...
Old 3rd August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
Vapourware? Maybe the B boys realized that they are up against a seriously critical audience and needed to tweak the algorithms a bit, eh?

- bManic
Hi bmanic,

not vapourware at all... the thing was in alfa (engine fully working) at the NAMM show. It's going to ship soon... in VST, AU and RTAS formats (also Universal on Mac).

While you might not take my word as gold, soon there'll be a fully working demo which you can authorize for a couple of weeks on the iLok, so anybody can test it and get their impressions on the real thing.

Regards,

Simone
Old 3rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Eh, I'm all for *nice* and intuitive interfaces, but that just seems like a bit much. It looks like a clunky screen hog.
---
c
Old 4th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simone Coen View Post
Hi bmanic,

not vapourware at all... the thing was in alfa (engine fully working) at the NAMM show. It's going to ship soon... in VST, AU and RTAS formats (also Universal on Mac).

While you might not take my word as gold, soon there'll be a fully working demo which you can authorize for a couple of weeks on the iLok, so anybody can test it and get their impressions on the real thing.

Regards,

Simone
Excellent, Simone!

- looking forward to trying it out, what will the price be?

Thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search