The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
WinterNAMM 2007: RME
Old 14th January 2007
Gear Head

Post WinterNAMM 2007: RME

WinterNAMM 2007: RME recording solutions now for PCI-Express

RME/Synthax Audio AG today announced their first recording solutions for the new PCI-Express bus found in current Apple OS and Windows based desktop computers.

The HDSPe PCI Card and the HDSPe MADI card are newly engineered PCI-Express versions of their PCI successors. Still based on RME's famous Hammerfall DSP series features and quality the new PCI-Express core ensures full compatibility and maximum performance with the latest high-speed serial bus technology found in all newer motherboards and computers. Furthermore RME´s FPGA core ensures full update capability via RME’s Secure Flash technology, for further hardware and driver updates.

The HDSPe PCI Card is a short length PCIe x1 card that provides RME´s own high-speed serial audio data bus, as used in the Multiface, Multiface II, Digiface and RPM. These systems are owned and used by ten thousands of audio professionals around the planet. If users are looking for a no-compromise high-speed audio solution combined with ultimate compatibility, these devices are still state of the art. The Multiface II and Digiface solutions combine some of the highest possible audio transmission rates and low-latency features you can realize with card-based interface techniques, faster than most serial solutions; combined with flexible connectivity. Artists and studios all over the world rely on these combinations. With the HDSPe PCI Card the further use of the existing range of RME´s I/O boxes in next generation computers is secured. As a special addition, the new HDSP PCIe series is prepared to support the use of the TCO, RME’s Time Code Option, with Multiface/II and Digiface.

The HDSPe MADI card rounds up RME´s Premium Line MADI products as it is now the interfacing flagship to the MADI world. The HDSPe MADI card offers a powerful 128 I/O-channel computer connection. It supports 56- and 64-channel modes as well as Single and Double Wire formats. All 64 inputs and 64 playback channels can be routed and mixed independently to 64 physical outputs. The HDSPe MADI turns every “state of the art” computer into a powerful DAW (Digital Audio Workstation). The HDSPe MADI offers the most powerful router/mixer implemented on a single PCI-Express card ever. Compared to the existing standard PCI MADI card, the new PCI-Express version offers several advantages, like support for higher sample rates than 96 kHz, TCO support and lower latency.

Both cards come with drivers for Windows XP (multi-client operation of MME, GSIF and ASIO 2.0) and brandnew Windows Vista drivers. Apple users are perfectly served with Power PC and X86 (Intel) drivers providing Core Audio and Core MIDI support.

The HDSPe PCI Card will be available worldwide from March 2007.
The HDSPe MADI Card will be available from April 2007.
The pricing will be slightly higher compared to the standard PCI card products
Old 14th January 2007
Gear Head

Post WinterNAMM 2007: RME ships ADI-8QS

WinterNAMM 2007: RME ships ADI-8QS

Synthax Audio AG is shipping RMEs ADI-8 QS, a new highly flexible and fully featured 8-channel AD/DA converter.

The device combines excellent analog circuit design with outstanding low latency AD/DA converters. Along with SteadyClock, the QS redefines the reference class of analog/digital converters. The compact 19”/1U device has a host of extraordinary features, including analog and digital limiters, 4 hardware reference levels up to +24 dBu, AES/EBU and ADAT I/O up to 192 kHz, optional MADI I/O, remote control via MIDI, remote digital input trimming for full input calibration, remote volume control for all 8 analog outputs, either separately, globally, ganged and much more.

The analog inputs and outputs feature the same circuitry as RME's well-established ADI-8 series, ensuring excellent signal to noise ratio and low THD. On the digital side, SteadyClock, RME's unique clock technology and jitter suppression, further enhances the list of features, ensuring the best sound quality regardless of the quality of the reference clock signal. The QS uses the latest AD- and DA-converter circuits with up to 192 kHz, with S/N ratios of 120 dBA. New digital filters reduce the conversion delay from over 40 samples to just 8 samples. That's low latency in perfection!

The ADI-8 QS also offers an unsurpassed choice of interface options. In addition to 2 ADAT I/Os that support up to 192 kHz (S/MUX), the device also features a serially built-in 25-pin AES/EBU interface for all inputs and outputs. And that's not all - The ADI-8 QS features RME's latest technological achievement – the I64 expansion slot that makes the device even more flexible. The slot can host the I64 MADI card for direct integration into MADI systems. All interface options can be used simultaneously under all conditions; analog (balanced TRS and/or D-Sub), ADAT, AES/EBU and MADI. Other typical RME features like Intelligent Clock Control (ICC), SyncCheck®, and SyncAlign® have also been implemented.

Within the ADI-8 series of converters, the full remote controllability of the QS is a novelty allowing the device to be placed anywhere on stage or in the studio as a remote controllable "SuperStageBox," with full access from the control room or FOH mixer.

In combination with RME´s Micstasy or other RME MADI interface devices, designing a front end system becomes easier and more flexible now. A single MADI cable can transfer up to 64 channels of AES/EBU audio. Multiple ADI-8 QS or Micstasys equipped with I64 MADI cards can be serially connected with one MADI cable per unit and configured to use their individual channels within the MADI stream. AutoID and Delay Compensation ensure sample-aligned operation and easy setup when designing such setups. Up to 8 units can thus be combined into one single 64-channel MADI line.

Features Overview:

- 8-channel AD converter, fully symmetrical design, 120 dBA S/N
- 8-channel DA converter, double balanced output, 120 dBA DA
- Low latency conversion: only 8 samples of delay!
- 2 ADAT optical inputs, 24 bit, with Bitclock PLL, up to 192 kHz
- 2 ADAT optical outputs, 24 bit, fully compatible, up to 192 kHz
- 8 AES/EBU I/Os, full channel count up to 192 kHz, 24 bit, connected via D-sub
- 8-channel Digital Input Trim over a range of 6 dB
- Full remote controllability via MIDI and MIDI via MADI
- All settings are stored permanently
- Included Remote Control for store/recall of presets, volume and dim
- I64 Option slot

The ADI-8 QS is available in the standard or also as the ADI-8 QS M MADI loaded version with the same feature-set and built-in I64 MADI card offering an attractive price advantage.

ADI-8 QS: Europe estimated net retail price € 1.900,- ; US retail price $ 2648.-
I64 MADI Card: Europe net retail price € 540.- ; US retail price $ 748.-
ADI-8 QS M (MADI Version): Europe estimated net retail price € 2.200.-; US retail price $ 3048.-
Old 15th January 2007
Old 15th January 2007
Gear Addict

The HDSPe PCI Card will be available worldwide from March 2007.
The HDSPe MADI Card will be available from April 2007.
The pricing will be slightly higher compared to the standard PCI card products[/QUOTE]

I can't wait until March!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phuck man, I want it now!!!!!
Old 15th January 2007
Lives for gear

I love the "converter war" we're in right now. Every few months they keep trying to one up each other as far as price, features, and sound go. Who wins? Us!
Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

the above link isn't working for me.
Old 17th January 2007
Gear Addict

What about 9652 HDSP ? for january 2008 ?
Old 17th January 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitano View Post
WinterNAMM 2007: RME recording solutions now for PCI-Express

The pricing will be slightly higher compared to the standard PCI card products
Well of course. It must be so much more expensive to make a PCI-e compared to a PCI

"Slightly" is the important word as many of RME's competitors are actually lowering their prices.
Old 17th January 2007
Lives for gear

Does anyone know what the ADI8-QS is going to street for?
Old 5th April 2007
Gear Addict

Still no sign of these cards, anyone know where to buy a HDSPe PCI card online?
Old 5th April 2007
Lives for gear

Thumbs down

Who cares!! Another 8 input AD/DA unit.. How about something different ..Like a 16 I/O unit???Like apogee 16x(s)

You (RME) and other hardware manufacturers fascination with 8 I/O units!!! Still "milking" the customers 8 inputs at a time.. Enough!!!

Who cares !!
Old 8th April 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefrançais View Post
What about 9652 HDSP ? for january 2008 ?

In the video on sonicstate, Matthias Carstens says RME is continuing to update all the PCI cards to PCI Express cards and that they will update the whole series.

That article also says the HDSPe 9632 Card will be available in May 2007.

I think the HDSPe 9652 release date would probably depend on whether or not there are complications (for example if the HDSPe 9652 requires more bandwidth, PCIe 2x) and/or if RME decides to tackle other updates first (HDSP expresscard, or digiface II or multiface III).

Interestingly, in that video Matthias Carstens seems very impressed with the transfer rates and low latency that PCIe provides for audio purposes.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search