The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Soundtoys 5 released!
Old 6th October 2015
News Desk Editor

Software Soundtoys 5 released!

Soundtoys 5 released!-st-box2_noshadow.png

New in Soundtoys 5: Effect Rack, PrimalTap, and Little AlterBoy plug-ins. New authorization options and workflow enhancements.

Soundtoys 5 brings together our entire range of audio effects into one powerful collection. Includes all 18 Soundtoys plug-ins. Saturate, compress and distort with Decapitator, Radiator, and Devil-Loc. Get a virtual history of echo and delay hardware with EchoBoy and PrimalTap. Transform your vocals with Little AlterBoy. Recreate classic studio pitch, chorus and widening effects with Crystallizer and MicroShift. Take modulation to new levels with the beat-synced rhythmic effects of PanMan, Tremolator, FilterFreak, and PhaseMistress.

All of these individual elements are proven, powerful tools, trusted by professional mix engineers, musicians and sound designers everywhere. But combined in the new Soundtoys Effect Rack, they are indeed the ultimate effects collection.

The new Soundtoys Effect Rack is the centerpiece of Soundtoys 5. It turns a tried-and-true collection of powerful individual plug-ins into a virtually unlimited creative multi-effects system.

The Effect Rack makes it simple to build your own custom effect chains and define your signature sound. And when you’ve created the perfect combination of effects, the Rack’s global controls let you treat the whole rack as a single plug-in.

Lock rhythmic effects to a single tempo, or let them run free. Fine tune the input and output levels, and use the global mix control to blend your effect in with the dry signal. Then experiment with the powerful new global Recycle control. By mixing the output of the rack back into the input, you can build your own modulated reverbs, over-the-top delays and other unique ambience effects that would require complicated routing to accomplish in most DAWs.

Work Smarter
The Effect Rack integrates all of the individual Soundtoys effects into a single plug-in, which improves workflow by displaying an entire custom effect processing chain at once. You won’t need to juggle multiple plug-in windows to adjust parameters, add new effects, or change their routing. The Effect Rack keeps everything right at your fingertips.

Choose from our range of carefully-crafted presets to find the perfect jumping-off point. Or quickly design, save and recall combinations of your favorite Soundtoys effects—all in one self-contained plug-in.

You no longer need to use a hardware dongle. Set yourself free to work wherever, and however you want.
With computer-based authorization, free up precious USB ports for audio interfaces and MIDI controllers. Studio pros can still use Soundtoys 5 with their iLok USB keys to manage all of their plug-in licenses. All Soundtoys 5 plug-ins come with two activations. Use one at the studio, and the other on your home machine or laptop.

Slide open an effect’s Tweak panel to access special circuit-level controls. Or design your own unique modulation patterns.
Many Soundtoys effects offer special Tweak panels which expose deeper editing features. Here you can find advanced options for a plug-in, like a choice of saturation styles, fine control of an effect’s groove, or a selection of different delay algorithms. Our modulation effects offer powerful shape and rhythm editors here for creating complex motion. And in Soundtoys 5, we’ve redesigned our Tweak panels to make advanced controls easier to find and use. The result: an incredibly customizable set of sonic tools that you’ll want to use on every project.

Effects that move to your rhythm. With any shape you can imagine.
An LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator) is at the heart of every modulation effect — it’s what gives tremolos, phasers, panners and sweeping filters their characteristic motion.

Our included library of LFO shapes goes far beyond standard modulation effects, giving you curves based on vintage modulation effects, amps and instruments as well as more abstract shapes. You can also draw and sculpt your own totally customized shapes using our Shape Editor. Use it to dream up new LFO shapes, from knife-edged waves to gently ebbing curves.

Our Rhythm Editor is like a rhythmic modulation sequencer. Choose a length (in bars) and the size of the steps you want to edit (sixteenth notes, eighth notes, quarter notes, etc), then start clicking to make a new pattern. You can turn individual steps on and off to create pauses or rests, and adjust the level and length of each step to humanize your pattern and give it some musical variation. You can even choose the number of beats per bar to create some funky syncopation or odd-time-signature grooves. Like our custom shapes, custom patterns are even swappable between plug-ins. And, of course, you can lock everything to the master tempo of the Soundtoys Effect Rack or your favorite DAW for solid, dead-simple synchronization.

We’ve spent the last decade creating one of the world’s greatest gear collections. That means we actually own and use the hardware we draw our inspiration from.
We look to the past for inspiration. But we build each of our plug-ins to stand solidly on its own with features designed for modern studios.

As a result, we’re happy to say that Soundtoys effects are used, trusted and recommended by professionals in all aspects of audio production. Now with Soundtoys 5 and the Effect Rack, we’ve brought all of these acclaimed effects together to see how much further they can go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hey guys - we are noticing that some customers who should be qualifying for free upgrades, due to their purchases of the Native Effects V4 bundle after October 1, 2014, are not seeing the free option in their account.

If you think you should be receiving a free upgrade and are not seeing that option in your account, please do NOT pay for your upgrade. Our web guy is sorting that out as we speak. Hang tight, and I'll post again when it is resolved. Shouldn't take too long!

Link : Soundtoys 5 - Soundtoys
Attached Thumbnails
Soundtoys 5 released!-st-box2_noshadow.png  
Old 6th October 2015
Soundtoys 5 is here

Official page https://www.soundtoys.com/product/

Whats New

Effect Rack
•Create custom effect chains and quickly save and recall your signature sounds
•Dive in with dozens of carefully crafted presets
•Control your favorite Soundtoys effects without navigating multiple windows
•Mix, blend and lock effects to tempo with global controls
•Design one-of-a-kind reverb and echo effects with the Feedback control

New plugin:-
PrimalTap
•Inspired by the Lexicon Prime Time—full of 80s vibe and character
•Get vintage digital delay sounds, from smooth shimmery echos to lo-fi grime
•Go beyond the original with longer delay time, enhanced modulation and more
•Freeze and loop audio and twist it into entirely new sounds
•Create wild pitch jumps and lo fidelity sounds with the Multiply knob

Flexible Authorization
•iLok dongle is now optional
•Authorize on up to two computers with no iLok key required

Plug-in Enhancements
•Global Improvements: ◦Redesigned Tweak menus make deep editing features easier to use
◦Improved MIDI timing and tightness

•EchoBoy: ◦Extra delay time—now supports up to 15 seconds

•Crystallizer: ◦Extra-long delay time of 20 seconds
◦Gate and duck controls for dynamic, responsive effects

•Tremolator: ◦New Feel control for creating off-the-grid rhythms
Old 6th October 2015
Lives for gear

To read more guys, head here

Enjoy folks!

It's here and it's GREAT :-)

Thumbs up to Sountoys Team
Old 6th October 2015
Gear Addict

Yum yum

Last edited by Fergies Watch; 6th October 2015 at 10:52 PM..
Old 6th October 2015
Gear Addict

Yesssssss finaly........ happy.... thank you
Old 6th October 2015
Gear Maniac

Can't wait to try primal tap!!!!!!
Old 6th October 2015
Cant believe its actually happening. Feels a bit like hell froze ;-) Anyway glad You guys finally pulled it off....
Old 6th October 2015
Gear Guru

no mix wet for the delay (primal tap) ?
Old 6th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
no mix wet for the delay (primal tap) ?
it's the MIX slider in the OUTPUT section
Old 6th October 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack View Post
it's the MIX slider in the OUTPUT section
i don't see it , but i'm sure it is it would have been really strange coming from plugin maker of this pedigree (caliber)

Great news
Old 7th October 2015
Really liking Primaltap on Synths it's very creative and a nice sound. It has a mix knob it's the last green slider under the Soundntoys logo. The Rack also has a mix knob.
Old 7th October 2015
mfx
Lives for gear

YAY $50.00 Upgrade price. @ SoundToy s Huge thank you.
Old 7th October 2015
Lives for gear

Very Nice !

Old 7th October 2015
Primal Tap sounds fantastic. Loving the rack as well. stack em up!!
Old 7th October 2015
finally! I have been waiting an eternity for this
Old 7th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilextremist View Post
finally! I have been waiting an eternity for this
At least now you can enjoy playing with these toys for an eternity :-)

The wait is over :-) Wish all those who were in the waiting can now enjoy the great work Soundtoys Team have done with V5 Rack. You'll also be really well served with a huge list of Presets to get you started and really see how Powerful Tool V5 Rack will become into your every day workflow. And if my memory is correct, this is just the beginning of endless possibilities from SoundToys Team. They won't be stopping here

Enjoy guys :-)
Old 7th October 2015
mfx
Lives for gear

Just a note. All user presets for installed in
C:\Users\[username]\Documents\VST3 Presets\SoundToys
it appears the new presets are loaded in
C:\User\Public\Documents\Soundtoys\Soundtoys 5\EchoBoy

However, it appears that all factory presets are missing in both files on the reinstall. None of the plugins standalone appear to have any presets in the list. Selected organise and no files in the folders?

Any help, have I got something wrong? :(

Addum : loaded up an v4.43 project and nothing is recalled correctly as presets missing. Ill let you know when I get a fix.

I've sent a support ticket, but hoping someone on GS may have knowledge.

1. I used hardlink (symbolic links) for presets so stored on a secondary drive for ease of back up and save space on the limited ssd drive. Whilst this has never been an issue with any oother developers prodcuts (which I have a fair few), Soundtoys appears not to like it. I do install exe files (sountoys installer) and then launch DAW (Cubase8) hosts with admin rights. There is something in your coding that does not like saving or installing to the symbolic hardlink shortcuts.
2. Any user presets had to be save in Cubase uusing the vstpreset system as when saving in the Soundtoys gui format, it woul save them the name, but not the settings as the files would show as zero bytes files. This is something that is still occurring in version 5 on my system. I have checked, uninstalled v4.43 and reinstalled v5.00. I have checked that none of the Soundtoys fodlers/subfolders are symbolic links so default install locations. The error message when saving brings a GUI pop up "Soundtioys EffectsRack, Version 5.01 Problem writing preset". Had the same issue with version 4.43. I appreciate this MAY be user error but I am flummoxed. Which is unusual for me as I can generally resolve this issues but I am missing something obvious.
3. On reinstalling any .vstpresets had to be moved or relocated to the user location for the new set up. On version 4.43 the location was somewhere lese (I don’t recall now common files or different).
4. Loading the preset in rack feedback beat, when no signal is passing I am getting delay feedback audio regardless if audio is passing or not, before even starting the project. Any workaround? You can see from the Gui audio is passing through but project is not playing back.

Last edited by mfx; 7th October 2015 at 02:40 AM..
Old 7th October 2015
Lives for gear

Curious if any V4 users have tried the new version and if old projects are loading ok?
Old 7th October 2015
Lives for gear

Installed. Everything works good as far as I can tell.

I like the new tweaked tweak very much. Great improvement. Is there a way to get tweak open by default? When there are two tweak options per plug, could we get both open at the same time? Now when I want to change one thing in one tweak and switch to another, all the plugin re-size thing happens and it's not really smooth transition. My prefered behaviour would be if the 2nd tweak opened on the bottom or perhaps even more "radically" if there was only one (joined) tweak per plug. Not a biggie of course, though once you're streamlining...

Looking forward experimenting with the rack. To my surprise no Little plugs are working with the rack. I wish little alter boy would work in the rack as it would be interesting to use it in the feedback loop.
Old 7th October 2015
Lives for gear

Can you still use the plugins as seperate entities? Or do you have to load the rack up front?

If the latter, how/what name is it showing in the insert slot?

PS. I hope they didn't do it the Slate way
Old 7th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM Grabber View Post
Can you still use the plugins as seperate entities? Or do you have to load the rack up front?

If the latter, how/what name is it showing in the insert slot?

PS. I hope they didn't do it the Slate way
You can use the plugins as SINGLES or in the V5Rack no worries, all that was handled :-)
Old 7th October 2015
Lives for gear

Well, I must give credit where it is due. After doing a lot of bitching and complaining these last few months, I must say this is a great product. Really, really like the sound of Radiator & Primaltap on synths. Havn't had a ton of time to explore V5 and since I have to be up early, I won't get to fully dig in until tomorrow, but early impressions are really good, and that's coming from a UAD fan boy.

Great job SoundToys and thank you for the release.
Old 7th October 2015
Lives for gear

Make sure you definitely mess with the new Primal Tap. It's such a creative tool as well as a conventional delay.
Old 7th October 2015
Gear Maniac

Just did the upgrade for $50 paid with paypal no ilok keys yet
Not good sound toys every one else has auto ilok key sending system. pay and get keys instant.
Please fix

Quote:
Thanks for placing an order on Soundtoys.com for the following:

Upgrade to Soundtoys 5, $50.00
Your order will be reviewed and hand processed (by real people!) during our normal business hours (9-5 M-F EDT). We will make every effort to complete your order as quickly as possible, but on occasion, due to high order volumes, it may take up to 3 business days.
Old 7th October 2015
Lives for gear

My upgrade price is $100, I have v4. Why is it $50 for some?
Old 7th October 2015
Gear Maniac

All is good keys sent.

I had 4 different in total, maybe thats why some got it at $50, or it could be only the sexy-guys gets it at $50
SoundToys Native Effects V4,
Devil-Loc Deluxe
Radiator
little primal top-(free)
Old 7th October 2015
Lives for gear

Mine is 199! Wtf? No way I'm paying that much. It may be because I have TDM effects, but I am on hdx since two years and have no use for the TDM compatibility:( I already paid more to get in.
Old 7th October 2015
Lives for gear

I have all the plugins btw...

Edit. Duh... I missed the offer at the top. If I upgrade all my 17 plugs in one go it is 50. Great!
Old 7th October 2015
Gear Nut

Amazing! Thank you Soundtoys! $50 upgrade and many more plugins included for free. You guys rock!!!! Preset switching is much faster now, very responsive. You guys are the best!
Old 7th October 2015
Gear Maniac

Wow its Awesome.
This new rack thing and the way to make one preset with different effects.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search