The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Undertone Audio Vari-Cap Instrument Cable!!
Old 4th November 2015
Lives for gear

Just last night I was trying to punch in a couple of measures on a DI'd bass track. I knew I had the same instrument, DI, settings, etc., but I couldn't get the tone to match. I ended up swapping out cables a couple of times before finding the one I had used previously which made the punch seamless...I knew cables were important, but it was a pretty dramatic difference.

Anyway, it inspired me to order one of these. Nice work on bringing this concept to life!
Old 18th June 2016
Here for the gear

In Canada and want to order a Vari Cap Cable.

I realize this is an older post but just wondering if the situation has changed and can I order the cable directly from the UTA website or should I go through [email protected] ..... thanks

Iain
Studio Le Shoppe
514-844-4789
Old 18th February 2017
Gear Maniac
I just stumbled across this item and surprised it hasn't been more popular on this forum. It seems like a really great idea. Has anyone attempted a DIY version? I had a friend recently mod a spring reverb of mine with a capacitor switch and it is amazing to be able to dial in how much "springy splat" cuts through; curious if it would be a similar process.
Old 15th May 2019
Gear Maniac
does this cable get less stiff over time? love the cable function but people bitch and moan that it coils weirdly and never goes limp like other cables
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It seems like it stays pretty stiff, but in studio use that's never been an issue.

It's not the type of thing I'd use for a live guitar rig or anything.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search