IK Multimedia announces AmpliTube 4 - Page 15 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IK Multimedia announces AmpliTube 4
Old 3rd January 2016
Company Rep

With AmpliTube 4 full you would also be using the new Cab Room and other features which would affect the sound quality even more and - barring settings that would also sound bad in the real world - positively so.
Old 15th March 2016 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
I think it's online now...
Now that youve had some time with A4, and since i dig your point of view on most things, im wondering about some of your likes and dislikes? I sure as hell dont need it, but feel like my marshall collection could be a little stronger for one.

Also wondering your feelings on the acoustic sim, speaker swapping and anything else that may be exclusive to A4. thanks!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by producer 7 View Post
Now that youve had some time with A4, and since i dig your point of view on most things, im wondering about some of your likes and dislikes? I sure as hell dont need it, but feel like my marshall collection could be a little stronger for one.

Also wondering your feelings on the acoustic sim, speaker swapping and anything else that may be exclusive to A4. thanks!
At first my biased "I just paid money" brain hole told me it sounded worlds better than A3.

Now, I think it does sound definitely better than A3, but not worlds better... It sounds less fizzy for sure and I really don't need to do very much corrective eq at all to make the track sound "real" which is something I did have to do a lil with a3

The controls... cab room, mic stuff, mixer... That is worlds better.

The acoustic sim? I was excited about that because I have a hard time reliably getting a good acoustic gtr recording... But, it sounds very meh.

If I didn't already own the whole gear store and my old gear didn't transfer into a4? I would have not been happy at all.

The new Amps are really quite excellent...

Still my goto gtr sim. Although, I just got s gear with Slate and dammit if that's not awesome, too.

My gtr player likes playing through a4 and s gear equally for what that is worth!
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
At first my biased "I just paid money" brain hole told me it sounded worlds better than A3.

Now, I think it does sound definitely better than A3, but not worlds better... It sounds less fizzy for sure and I really don't need to do very much corrective eq at all to make the track sound "real" which is something I did have to do a lil with a3

The controls... cab room, mic stuff, mixer... That is worlds better.

The acoustic sim? I was excited about that because I have a hard time reliably getting a good acoustic gtr recording... But, it sounds very meh.

If I didn't already own the whole gear store and my old gear didn't transfer into a4? I would have not been happy at all.

The new Amps are really quite excellent...

Still my goto gtr sim. Although, I just got s gear with Slate and dammit if that's not awesome, too.

My gtr player likes playing through a4 and s gear equally for what that is worth!
Thanks Bbad. Yeah there are so many good ones out there. I own TH3 and it is fantastic as well.... Revalver ive never used, but im sure is right up there with the best of the best...so ive been told. Even the free ones....insert dumbest cliche ever, here "amazing times we live in" lol

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
With AmpliTube 4 full you would also be using the new Cab Room and other features which would affect the sound quality even more and - barring settings that would also sound bad in the real world - positively so.
Hey Pete, which is it or what am i missing?

Company Rep

Quote:
Hey Pete, which is it or what am i missing?
The Power Duo is currently on sale so if you are interested, I'd nab it for the sale price.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
The Power Duo is currently on sale so if you are interested, I'd nab it for the sale price.
Yeah i understand that, but am i looking at the exact same thing for two different prices? Or am i seeing two different combinations of products here?
Ie:am i getting something more fore the $199 price or is that just an old banner?
Old 15th March 2016
Lives for gear

I received a mail about the new deal:

*Here’s how:
• AmpliTube Power Duo has a special IK 20th anniversary price of $/€159.99 (Reg. $/€199.99)
• Buy the 150 Custom Shop gear credit pack for $/€114.99 (after you apply your 20 Anniversary JamPoints)
• Add in the 20 Custom Shop gear credits we gifted you and get AmpliTube 4 and AmpliTube MESA/Boogie Power Duo
• You will have 10 Custom Shop gear credits left over to purchase a couple of speaker cabinets or effects!

Seems a bit complicated. Why can't you just click on a button and done. And how does this work "and get AmpliTube 4 and AmpliTube MESA/Boogie Power Duo"... At this point there are so many versions, it's pretty annoying. Anplitube free, amplitube 4, amplitube custom shop. Needs streamlining. Also I had to use google to find where the 150 pack was in the first place. So in the end I gave up.
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rectifier View Post
I received a mail about the new deal:

*Here’s how:
• AmpliTube Power Duo has a special IK 20th anniversary price of $/€159.99 (Reg. $/€199.99)
• Buy the 150 Custom Shop gear credit pack for $/€114.99 (after you apply your 20 Anniversary JamPoints)
• Add in the 20 Custom Shop gear credits we gifted you and get AmpliTube 4 and AmpliTube MESA/Boogie Power Duo
• You will have 10 Custom Shop gear credits left over to purchase a couple of speaker cabinets or effects!

Seems a bit complicated. Why can't you just click on a button and done. And how does this work "and get AmpliTube 4 and AmpliTube MESA/Boogie Power Duo"... At this point there are so many versions, it's pretty annoying. Anplitube free, amplitube 4, amplitube custom shop. Needs streamlining. Also I had to use google to find where the 150 pack was in the first place. So in the end I gave up.
We were just showing you how to use the multiple ways we offer you to save to get a better price (especially with some of the great new limited-time 20th Anniversary bonuses which is probably why you are feeling it is complex). The steps aren't all that hard to execute but if you don't want to do so it is your right to not bother and pay more...
Company Rep

Quote:
Yeah i understand that, but am i looking at the exact same thing for two different prices? Or am i seeing two different combinations of products here?
Ie:am i getting something more fore the $199 price or is that just an old banner?
Those are the same.
Old 16th March 2016 | Show parent
Pulled the trigger last night on Amp4+Mesa combo... pretty good deal along with the jam points and free credit form the Anniversary goodies!

Only had a slight play last night but really enjoyed the speaker swapping. Really liking the mesa plugs but the new "Marshalls" are kind of weird.. Wasn't able to find the sweet spot and a bit confused by the 'Low/High' settings. Will investigate a bit further later today.
Old 16th March 2016
Lives for gear

The ribbon mics in the cab room are kinda magical as they really seem to be amazing Fizz killers. A4 sounds much less fizzy than A3 was to begin with imo... Although the fizziness in A3 was easily dispatched with eq.
Old 21st May 2016 | Show parent
Gear Addict

demo?

So is there an actual demo version of Amplitube 4, or there's only the free CS version with the limited functionality, where all new features are not accessible?
Old 22nd May 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariva View Post
So is there an actual demo version of Amplitube 4, or there's only the free CS version with the limited functionality, where all new features are not accessible?
No demos available. Therefore IK is still deprived of the cash I may have dropped on AT4 because I do not buy before I try.
Old 22nd May 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
No demos available. Therefore IK is still deprived of the cash I may have dropped on AT4 because I do not buy before I try.
Your loss, playboy!
Old 1st June 2016 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Got to play with Amplitube last night, Heres a real ruff cut of a Day Of The Eagle cover, Skip to 3:00 for leads if the rhythms start to bore you. No vocals on the cover.

Used the SLO-100 with the single double 57 mic, double tracked. Didnt use them this time around but I really liked the room mics in the cab sim, cab room was awesome to play with.

auditioning the cabs with the room mics was great loved the feel of playing through them.

https://soundcloud.com/user7114230/eagle
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityBeef View Post
Got to play with Amplitube last night, Heres a real ruff cut of a Day Of The Eagle cover, Skip to 3:00 for leads if the rhythms start to bore you. No vocals on the cover.

Used the SLO-100 with the single double 57 mic, double tracked. Didnt use them this time around but I really liked the room mics in the cab sim, cab room was awesome to play with.
Sounded great, really enjoyed listening to this. What cab(s) did you use?
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Sounded great, really enjoyed listening to this. What cab(s) did you use?
Thanks Im pretty sure we used the metal T1 cab, It was actually the stock cab for the slo I think. I will check to make sure when I can.

Do you have any info one what that cab is modelled after mr peter, From IK. is it something wich can not be spoketh of?
Old 1st June 2016
Lives for gear

The Metal T1 is a Mesa 4x12 I believe.
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityBeef View Post
Thanks Im pretty sure we used the metal T1 cab, It was actually the stock cab for the slo I think. I will check to make sure when I can.

Do you have any info one what that cab is modelled after mr peter, From IK. is it something wich can not be spoketh of?
cprompt is correct - it is modeled after a Mesa Boogie 4x12. Many times we include the details we can on the "Gear" page for the products, in this case you can find that information here: IK Multimedia | AmpliTube Metal
Here for the gear

Ty Mr Peter, I did not know everything was listed like that.
Old 16th November 2017
Gear Addict
Here is a video demo of Amplitube 4 in 9 different styles, using 9 different amp models:

📝 Reply