The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roli Seaboard RISE - product launch, London
Old 20th October 2015
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I'm curious too. Preordered on October 13th. I'm planning my next China trip for the day after delivery.
Old 20th October 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nil hartman View Post
@ [email protected] : I think I'm only a few days away from buying a Rise direct from your store: what kind of time is to be expected between purchase and shipment?
Cheers!
Hi Nil,

Orders are on first come first serve basis. Orders placed now will ship in three to four weeks.
Old 20th October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks Dan! Will order by the end of the week. Really looking forward playing with it!
Old 28th October 2015
Gear Maniac

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
It's here!

Did a quick unboxing video:

More videos to follow!
Old 28th October 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Ordered!
Old 30th October 2015
Gear Maniac

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
This thing is definitely fun. I still need to practice more!

Old 30th October 2015
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Indeed! I still didn't receive mine . Roli I'm waiting on you before I take vacation!
Old 4th November 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
The case is styrofoam? How long is it supposed to last?

Any measurements on the case? Im searching for a gig bag.
Old 4th November 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwet View Post
The case is styrofoam? How long is it supposed to last?
The Carrying Case is not made from Styrofoam (EPS) but rather the much tougher and impact resistant Expanded Polypropylene (EPP)

EPP: A Leading Plastic Foam Material that Solves Design Challenges

http://www.epp.com/expanded-polypropylene-properties/
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwet View Post
Any measurements on the case? Im searching for a gig bag.
Outer dimensions of the case are little less than 58cm x little more than 29cm x 6.5cm. But the case seems to be rather strong and RISE fits in it in a very secure manner. If I were making a case I would at least consider reusing this case in some way - for example let someone cover it in leather or other nice material and attach some handle to it. Handle would be nice to have because despite claims that the case fits nicely under the shoulder… It still lacks some usability.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Thank you both. I was thinking about putting the Roli with the case in this.
Attached Thumbnails
Roli Seaboard RISE - product launch, London-magma-riot-dj-backpack-xxl-4.jpg   Roli Seaboard RISE - product launch, London-magma-riot-dj-backpack-xxl-5.jpg  
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
RIOT DJ-BACKPACK XXL? "Internal: 68 x 33 x 8 cm", so you should fit it in easily. With this much padding you will have the best protected Seaboard in the world
Old 4th November 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Received mine few minutes ago, I'm now downloading the drivers and Equator...
The build quality is quite stunning, what a beautiful piece of design and engineering.
Old 4th November 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I received mine last week. Very nice build quality! Works very well with Equator and even got a few patches up and running with Omnisphere. It will definitely take some practice to master the different gestures. It feels like a different instrument compared to piano (maybe not as extreme, but not unlike comparing a guitar to a fretless bass? or a flute to a saxophone?).

I've been swamped with mixing work, so I haven't had a chance to play more... excited to see how many multi-timbral synths in my collection I can get this to work with. In particular, I'm excited about the possibility of using the expression mode with my Oberheim Xpander (which can actually be 6 part mono voiced multi-timbral), Nord Modular, Waldorf Q and XT. Tried to use it in mono mode with my Studio Electronics ATC-Xi, but the pitch tracking was wonky (even with both set to 12) - but perhaps I didn't set the Rise to only use one voice. Also tried using my ESQ-M, but the pitch bend information seemed to effect all/some voices, even though I set up different "tracks" for each voice/midi channel. Could have something to do with not isolating each voice/channel to be mono and how the synth implements voice stealing/circulating? Only thinking of this now (of course), so I will look into this next time.

I would be excited to hear about anyone have successful or particularly good results using the Expression mode with any hardware or software synths and if there were any setup stumbling blocks along the way.
Old 22nd November 2015
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Roli:

Is it possible to use two of these at the same time, that is, one for each hand? That way you'd get more octaves and be able to play more advanced stuff. I'd be really interested in that kind of setup for performance work.
Old 23rd November 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheebhsag View Post
Roli:

Is it possible to use two of these at the same time, that is, one for each hand? That way you'd get more octaves and be able to play more advanced stuff. I'd be really interested in that kind of setup for performance work.
Is it possible to use two of these at the same time, that is, one for each hand? That way you'd get more octaves and be able to play more advanced stuff. I'd be really interested in that kind of setup for performance work.[/QUOTE]

Hi sheebhsag,

Yes it's possible. We were able to connect two RISE 25s to a Mac today and get to separate instances Equator running in Reaper (could work in other DAWs too). We also tried it with Kontakt and it worked fine. With a DAW it's really no different than having two normal MIDI controllers connected at the same time. As long as the DAW allows you to have multiple MIDI inputs simultaneously, it should not be a problem.

FYI, I also tested having a GRAND and a RISE simultaneously connected to my iPhone 6S with the soon-to-be released Equator App via a Belkin 4 Port Ultra-Slim Hub and Apple Camera Connection Kit. It worked brilliantly!

If you want to connect a RISE or GRAND to an iOS device via USB you need to use a USB hub in between. It works whether the hub is connected to power or not. Hope this answers your question.
Old 7th December 2015
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Ordered one...looking fwd to integrate Equator to Ableton....for some crazy sampling
Old 7th December 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I just can't wait for Ableton to directly implement multi-channel MIDI tracks (the same way Bitwig and Reaper already do), to use my Rise without the current workaround.
Old 18th December 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
The new NOISE App from Roli is amazing! Works with iPhone and iPad.

Have used it in standalone mode and also with my Seaboard Rise.

Available free to download from the App Store.

Enjoy folks!
Attached Thumbnails
Roli Seaboard RISE - product launch, London-image.jpg  
Old 20th December 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Spotted these in a local music shop and had a play today. Quite impressed. Different, very expressive! Can the inputs be mapped to standard midi to play other synths etc using this expressivity, or it only works via the dedicated software? Sorry if that's been asked/answered already, just wasn't clear how it works in this respect.
Old 31st December 2015 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Hey folks, I was curious about these seaboards from the start, now I have to say this new smaller version is much more appealing..
Yesterday I tried both at the shop, the grand and the rise.
I can't believe how different they feel! The rise feels a lot better IMO, much more robust feel, the grand keys feel a lot more saggy and sticky..
The fingers on the rise slide much easier and they don't wrinkle up all the rubber like on the grand, the flattened keys are also a plus..
Have you guys tried both? What do you think?
πŸ“ Reply