The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Shattered Glass Audio - Code Red Free (Console Emulation)
Old 26th August 2015
Just spent half the day updating to yosemite so I could download this thing and I have to say, it was worth it! Nice work, SGA.
Old 26th August 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKK View Post
"Final version" on this little experiment.

The files are in the right layers and formats (.png) so this "skin" is good to go and in full working condition (I have tried it). So if you want it SGA, you can have it.
I vote for this version, looks good
Old 26th August 2015
SGA
Gear Nut

Just a quick thanks for all the praises. All of us at SGA are really stoked you guys like Code Red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Sugar View Post
The best thing about this is, it helps me get over the heartbreak of finding out that Klanghelm MJUC doesn't work on Windows XP.
As a general WinXP note:
Code Red Free on Win XP is not officially supported. However, it works just fine on our 32 bit Win XP test machine. There are folks who tried Code Red Free on their WinXP systems and it didn't work. YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKK View Post
"Final version" on this little experiment.

The files are in the right layers and formats (.png) so this "skin" is good to go and in full working condition (I have tried it). So if you want it SGA, you can have it.
We will consider it.
Old 27th August 2015
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGA View Post
"One million dollars!" - Dr. Evil
so $10USD xP
Old 27th August 2015
Lives for gear

I've just gone about putting my waves plugins back on our DAW system and compared their "REDD" against the Code Red and I must say, sonically I much prefer the Shattered Glass plug. Really looking forward to seeing what else you guys come up with!
Old 27th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestalus View Post
I vote for this version, looks good
I vote too.

Kinda the difference between the original Limiter No6 and its newish skin, made by someone else.
Old 27th August 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tan View Post
I vote too.

Kinda the difference between the original Limiter No6 and its newish skin, made by someone else.
No... this is the original:
https://vladgsound.files.wordpress.c...imiter6-en.jpg

Back to subject. The sound is great on this one! Can't compare to the Waves Redd, but i don't need to, since Code Red is very very good sounding. Gain staging is very important thought.
Congrats SGA!
Old 27th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalawag View Post
No... this is the original:
https://vladgsound.files.wordpress.c...imiter6-en.jpg

Back to subject. The sound is great on this one! Can't compare to the Waves Redd, but i don't need to, since Code Red is very very good sounding. Gain staging is very important thought.
Congrats SGA!
Ah yes.... sorry

I still prefer (like, WAYYYY prefer) the new implementation.
Old 27th August 2015
Gear Addict

It's surprisingly light on cup too. Which SGA1566 wasn't. On extreme settings it was pushing 30% cpu!!!!

Code red on the other hand I could use an instance on every track if I wanted to.
Old 27th August 2015
Lives for gear

Maybe I'm easily impressed, but for a free plugin this sounds phenominal. Very glad I didnt buy REDD, this thing will see a lot of use.
Old 27th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mania View Post
Very glad I didnt buy REDD
I mentioned vlad audio Limiter No6.... I think we can safely call SGA - V(ery g)lad audio
Old 27th August 2015
Lives for gear

Guys, try to stack em SGA CodeRED and 1566 and KClip.

Gain stage them properly... and you'd go like "What.... The... FACK.... is.... THAT ??!"
Old 27th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tan View Post
Guys, try to stack em SGA CodeRED and 1566 and KClip.

Gain stage them properly... and you'd go like "What.... The... FACK.... is.... THAT ??!"
Been thinking about getting KClip ... I don't do any mastering, which is the only reason for my hesitation, but I can certainly think of more than a few uses for it in mixing.

Will be fiddling with the 1566 tonight
Old 28th August 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigziglar View Post
I've just gone about putting my waves plugins back on our DAW system and compared their "REDD" against the Code Red and I must say, sonically I much prefer the Shattered Glass plug. Really looking forward to seeing what else you guys come up with!
Depending on the material Waves REDD has been hit or miss for me (not a slight on the Waves plugin, just the way i think audio works sometimes), so this seems like a nice option, just a second take on the same workflow.

Nifty, can't wait to try it.
Old 29th August 2015
SGA
Gear Nut

In case anyone is looking for a demo, there are couple of videos on youtube.

This one is English:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqyjyymQl5E

This one is more thorough but in Polish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYlf8SduqIc
Old 29th August 2015
Lives for gear

Anybody else have phasing in LPX 10.2 running parallel?
Old 29th August 2015
SGA
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post
Anybody else have phasing in LPX 10.2 running parallel?
We are looking into this. Hoping to release an update that addresses that issue by the end of the coming week.
In the meantime, try DRY/WET knob to do parallel processing.
Old 3rd September 2015
Here for the gear

IMHO this sounds f****** amazing. It makes a mix sound somehow more "real" to my ears.
I love how it breaks and limits on hotter inputs like the real thing. I don't know how REDD console actually sounds, but based on sound alone I prefer it over waves version.

Seriously one of the best freeware plugins of the year, and congrats on lowering CPU usage.

I do have some user feedback though...
+I seriously doubt that half a century old console doesn't have crosstalk and higher noise floor but to each their own. I kinda wish it was more dirty, and I do not talk just about saturation.
+It's kind of hard to gain stage it, because of different labelling of the input and output faders/knobs AND wouldn't make more sense to have VU meters between input and output, instead of at the very last place?

Congrats, I like the direction you are going. Having balls going against waves
What's your next plugin?
Old 5th September 2015
SGA
Gear Nut

Shattered Glass Audio updates Code Red Free to v1.0.5

This version contains a fix to correctly report latency to the host.
Old 5th September 2015
Gear Maniac
Thanks a bunch for the update! I've been holding out using it until the latency report issue so I'm looking quite forward to using it.
Old 6th September 2015
Gear Maniac

Bug: I found the vst3 version crashes Reaper every time. I don't use vst3 but I find it is in the plugin list and I sometimes accidentally select it.

Reaper 5, osx 64bit, Yosemite - everything's up to date.
Old 30th December 2015
Lives for gear

This plugin sounds absolutely fantastic. My new favorite "not too obvious saturating loudmaker and mojo-adder"
Old 4th January 2016
Lives for gear

I have Pro Tools and Fxpansion Vst to RTas, but the wrapper is not able to wrap Code Red. Fxpansion says it supports many VST2.4 plugins, so Code Red must be one those that it does not support.

I Hope a future update will solve this problem.
Old 9th February 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by takka360 View Post
Good for free but not as good as the Waves Red
I actually surprise myself when I say that I like Code Red even more than the one from Waves.
Old 14th August 2016
Here for the gear

I really like this plugin. Been using it a lot these days on everything: drums, synths, guitar. Major mojo! Very musical!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search