The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
"vintage" style sampler VST
Old 12th June 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj! View Post
That's something I will definitely add in some future update. Morgana is still in its childhood and will continue to grow, especially in terms of usability. In fact Morgana is still being developed further, and in fact I teamed up with four major league hiphop producers to provide feedback and endorsements for version 2--I can guarantee you won't be disappointed!

-- dj!
that sounds like really great news!!

Well in general I was really impressed by your product, although I need more time to put it to work some more. Your streamlined style is very nice, and hopefully you keep it up!

thumbsup
Old 13th June 2008
Gear Nut

I'm really loving this. I have an archive of samples that were created for the Mirage and EPS. Much later in time, I'd try them with newer samplers, and nostalgically missed the vibe and color. Wow, I'm loading these into Morgana, and the crunch, punch, and attitude is all there. Kudos!
Old 3rd September 2010
Here for the gear

I wonder what happened to 112 db? they had the morgana vintage sampler VST but it appears the company has has not really done much with that product. the last version 1.2.7 came out in 2008 ! ?

I wish a better company could make a vintage sampler VST , 112 db I think is just a side project of some guys who work at other companies and so I understand that they probably ran out of money or are too busy.

so much for customer service.
Old 3rd October 2010
Gear Nut

Yeah, this thing looks great, I hope it's not an abandoned product...but I'm wary to purchase if the last update was over 2 years ago!
Old 21st November 2011
Gear interested

Fishing Charters

Old 21st November 2011

Quote:
the prophet 3000 i had was exactly that; warm and punchy, even without using the analog filter on it. i think owners of akai mpc 60s, s950s, emu sp12/sp1200s, emax, emulators, etc., etc., would heartily disagree with your supposition.
Maybe I'm just out to lunch, but even the all digital Emax II is punchier than KontaKt. And the closest thing I have is the Emulator X II and it doesn't bicrush well.

Quote:
we feel that Morgana is very warm and punchy. I can't vouch for every vintage digital device, but at least for the Mirage (which you may have inferred our synth is *ahem* inspired by)
Well, "grunge" is the only reason I keep my Microwave XT and Prophet VS.

Interesting.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search