The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Kazrog KClip Mastering Clipper Released (VST, AU, AAX) Mac/Win Dynamics Plugins
Old 29th May 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazrog View Post
Metering will be added.
Great! Please, make it as informative as possible; numerical readouts at the top of metering are usually very helpful (in addition to IN/OUT/REDUCTION).
Old 30th May 2015
Gear Nut

This looks really interesting, will wait for a demo though.

Anyone try this up against the inflator? I currently do all my clipping via the inflator
Old 1st June 2015
KFW
Gear Nut

Whoa, this is fantastic. And totally a case of the price being so low that I assumed I probably didn't need it.

Back to back with Slate FG-X, this blows it out of the water for quick mastering. And I'm a huge Slate fan. I'm using the FG-X meters along with this, and this is completely transparent while FG-X starts to really distort.

Thank you Kazrog! I can't believe how stoked I am on this impulse purchase. I'm still glad I have FG-X for the metering and buss compressor, but when this gets metering I might completely retire FG-X :o
Old 2nd June 2015
Lives for gear
Interesting! Love the FGX metering, now I'll have to try.....
Old 2nd June 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardis View Post
Interesting! Love the FGX metering, now I'll have to try.....
Do you know something we mortals don't ?...
Old 2nd June 2015
Lives for gear
Nope!.... No immortality here!
Old 3rd June 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFW View Post
Whoa, this is fantastic. And totally a case of the price being so low that I assumed I probably didn't need it.

Back to back with Slate FG-X, this blows it out of the water for quick mastering. And I'm a huge Slate fan. I'm using the FG-X meters along with this, and this is completely transparent while FG-X starts to really distort.

Thank you Kazrog! I can't believe how stoked I am on this impulse purchase. I'm still glad I have FG-X for the metering and buss compressor, but when this gets metering I might completely retire FG-X :o
Very cool to hear feedback like this! I'm a big fan of Fabrice Gabriel's work, so that's an honor to hear that KClip holds up so well (let alone beats it in your tests.)
Old 8th June 2015
Any ideas of when a potential new version would be out? I'd love to purchase a copy after metering has been implemented. Ive had my eye on it this. Thanks.
Old 8th June 2015
Gear Nut

Bought! Thanks!
Old 8th June 2015
Lives for gear
Big fan of gclip, wave monitoring is so useful mus be added.
Old 8th June 2015
Gear Nut

Imo the strongest point of this plugin is that it has no meters, which actually let you use your ears and you hear very clearly when it's too much. I get best results before the limiter so you can read the final GR there. Please don't add meters, or make 2 separate versions!
Old 8th June 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooker View Post
Big fan of gclip, wave monitoring is so useful mus be added.
Problem is the GUY is WAY too tiny.

And I mean WAY.
Old 8th June 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Parris View Post
Imo the strongest point of this plugin is that it has no meters, which actually let you use your ears and you hear very clearly when it's too much. I get best results before the limiter so you can read the final GR there. Please don't add meters, or make 2 separate versions!
Or just one version with a button to hide or turn them off?

Not that I care, I like the idea of meters.. But it would be easier to maintain one plug than 2.
Old 8th June 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaParTea View Post
Problem is the GUY is WAY too tiny.

And I mean WAY.
Downloaded the latests recently (all plug-ins pack), has a new gui and wave's can be magnified.

I use 1920*1080 resolution but also the win7 magnifier tool is set to medium, size seems fine with this adjustment.
Old 8th June 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Parris View Post
Or do what I do, just close your eyes when adjusting. Using a hardware controller helps here, no need to have a separate plugin. IMO metering can be really useful with this kind of plugin as it is important to know how much clipping is taking place, and ears can be fooled into underestimating just how much the dynamics are being squashed because the clipping sounds so clean.
Old 8th June 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Downloaded the latests recently (all plug-ins pack), has a new gui and wave's can be magnified.

I use 1920*1080 resolution but also the win7 magnifier tool is set to medium, size seems fine with this adjustment.
One should not be using a magnifier in 2015
Old 8th June 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaParTea View Post
One should not be using a magnifier in 2015
why? just incase, its not that magnifier you scroll with the mouse...
Old 10th June 2015
@Kazrog,

I'm not trying to come off as impatient at all , just curious if there's an estimated date on the release with the meters. I'll probably be picking this up after payday either way, but curious to know when the newest version will be done.

Thanks.
Old 10th June 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
why? just incase, its not that magnifier you scroll with the mouse...
I'm also having to squint at GVST GClip... what magnifier do you use ?
Old 10th June 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tan View Post
I'm also having to squint at GVST GClip... what magnifier do you use ?
The one within GClip. Do you have the latest version?

More importantly (in this thread), any news on a demo of KClip?

Alistair
Old 10th June 2015
Lives for gear

Anybody compare this to Gclip?
Curious to know how they compare.
Old 10th June 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_04_04 View Post
@Kazrog,

I'm not trying to come off as impatient at all , just curious if there's an estimated date on the release with the meters. I'll probably be picking this up after payday either way, but curious to know when the newest version will be done.

Thanks.
Just moved house, and I'm still getting everything set up again. I'm going to be doing a recalculation of the entire development timeline as soon as things are back to normal. Thanks!
Old 11th June 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazrog View Post
Just moved house, and I'm still getting everything set up again. I'm going to be doing a recalculation of the entire development timeline as soon as things are back to normal. Thanks!
Ha haa !!

You've bought a new house out of our 29.99, ey ?...

Now we DEMAND GR METERS !!
Old 12th June 2015
Lives for gear
Can anybody tell me how this might compare to something like the T racks Classic Clipper?

I'm a relative newb and never understood why/how to use a clipper like this, so last night after reading this thread I put the T racks clipper that I happened to have on one of my tracks' 2 bus just before the limiter. Even with just 2db of gain and a bit of clipping I was very pleasantly surprised, it seemed to make everything louder, fatter, more 'up front' and really glue the sound together moreso than just adding that same gain on the limiter (Xenon in this case), but without any objectionable artifacts or crunchiness that I could hear.

Anyway I'll probably get this just curious how it compares. Great price and if I can get the same result but even cleaner I'd be all for it
Old 12th June 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Can anybody tell me how this might compare to something like the T racks Classic Clipper?

I'm a relative newb and never understood why/how to use a clipper like this, so last night after reading this thread I put the T racks clipper that I happened to have on one of my tracks' 2 bus just before the limiter. Even with just 2db of gain and a bit of clipping I was very pleasantly surprised, it seemed to make everything louder, fatter, more 'up front' and really glue the sound together moreso than just adding that same gain on the limiter (Xenon in this case), but without any objectionable artifacts or crunchiness that I could hear.

Anyway I'll probably get this just curious how it compares. Great price and if I can get the same result but even cleaner I'd be all for it
I guess the function of clippers is to transparently chop off transients until you reach a point of distortion. I own TRacks, and a BUNCH of other clippers, and sonically I can't really seperate the. I feel some you can push harder than others, but the main difference imo is workflow and features. The sick thing about GClip is that its the cheapest one with those features available, but at the same time it hasn't brought anything new to the table which is why i havent bought it
Old 12th June 2015
Clippers are still somewhat a mystery to me.

I've read articles that all like to parallel it to the distortion that occurs when pushing the AD DA converters, which can square off the wave, but this explanation never worked for me because pushing a limiter will cause distortion too and it also squares off the wave.

So my only guess is that it is a non-dynamic process. Where a limiter turns the volume down on loud parts, a clipper just snips the peak off, but that is still kinda vague. I think a better way to understand it is to think about the result of abusing each processor on a full mix.

If you push a limiter of a full mix, you are going to start to get distortion and pumping, the pumping would be the gain reduction occurring at an obvious level.. But when pushing a clipper on a mix, you're just going to get distortion, because it is not reducing gain.. It is just stopping the peak from getting louder... So the audio content doesn't drop in level or pump.

This means that a clipper can be more transparent at times because it isn't pushing the volume down at all, but merely distorting the peak to keep it from crossing the threshold.

Anyway, I could be wayyyyy off.
Old 12th June 2015
Old 12th June 2015
Lives for gear

any1 compared with LVC Clipshifter?
Old 12th June 2015
Lives for gear

any1 compared with LVC Clipshifter?
Old 12th June 2015
Lives for gear

what about this and LVC Clipshifter comparison?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search