The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
PA releases Vertigo VSM-3, Maag Audio EQ2, Millennia TCL-2 & NSEQ-2 (native)
Old 14th April 2015
Gear Nut

PA releases Vertigo VSM-3, Maag Audio EQ2, Millennia TCL-2 & NSEQ-2 (native)

All Bundle V3.1 with All Installer + 4 New Products
39 Amazing Plugins Installed In a Few Clicks

The Plugin Alliance All Bundle provides a collection of processors worthy of any world-class recording studio. By starting with flawless emulations of legendary studio processors from elysia, Vertigo, Maag and SPL, then adding in innovative tools from cutting edge plugin developers like Noveltech and Pro Audio DSP, and then tossing in every single plugin from Brainworx’s coveted and comprehensive product line, the All Bundle provides hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of audio goodness for one amazingly low price.

Vertigo VSM-3
Awesome Tone & Color with Mastering Quality

The brainworx developed, Vertigo VSM-3 delivers the beloved badass harmonic generators of Vertigo Sound’s acclaimed VSM-2 Mix Satellite in plugin form. Liberated from hardware, VSM-2’s saturation and distortion tools can now process as many tracks and busses as your CPU can handle — and master outputs, too, of course — making them more useful than ever for recording and mixing.

Maag Audio EQ2
Flawless Emulation of TEC Award Nominated EQ

The Mäag EQ4 is one of Plugin Alliance’s most popular plugins. International pros rely on its tremendous musicality to enhance their tracks. Now Mäag has released their TEC Award nominated EQ2 in a plugin version, bringing that Air Band® magic to a lower price point and creating the perfect compliment to the EQ4.

While the Mäag EQ2 provides some of the same audio magic of its bigger brother, it also adds features which make it the perfect companion to the EQ4. While the EQ4’s wide, musical control over 4 frequency bands make it the best EQ on the market for sweetening your tracks, the EQ2’s second band offers greater control over center frequencies and bandwidth selections, making it a great tool for fixing problems or creating more radical changes.

Millennia NSEQ-2
Mastering Grade EQ w/ Tube and J-FET Signal Paths

Revered for its startling realism and transparent musicality, the Millennia NSEQ-2 is a go-to parametric EQ for many of the world’s leading studios and mastering houses. Its unique Twin Topology design and pure Class A transformer-less circuitry offers a simplicity which yields a powerful, sonically neutral, analog EQ.

The plugin version of the Millennia NSEQ-2 is a faithful digital model of this remarkable piece of ultra high-end hardware, brought to you by the modeling experts of Brainworx. This brings a state-of-the-art boutique EQ to your DAW.

Millennia TCL-2
Faithful emulation of this super clean, but sonically flexible, dynamics tool

The Millennia TCL-2 delivers the stellar, transparent sonics of the beloved Millennia Twincom in plugin form. The original hardware Twincom features Millennia’s “Twin Topology” technology, which gives users the ability to select either a full tube, or full J-FET/solid-state signal path. Both the complete tube and solid-state signal paths have been faithfully modeled in the plugin version. In addition, the plugin version provides the ability to process Mid (M) and Side (S) information separately, as well as a Dry / Wet signal control for each individual channel.

Last edited by guitar_guy182_; 14th April 2015 at 02:06 AM..
Old 14th April 2015
Lives for gear

I see VSC-2 now displays AAX-DSP as a format. Is the version 1.5 download AAX-DSP? Or can we use the All installer to install the V3 plug-ins we have licenses for?
Old 14th April 2015
Lives for gear

Links:

Millenia NSEQ-2 & TCL-2

VSC-2 & VSM-3

Maag EQ2 & EQ4 -- The Musical EQ Duo

Old 14th April 2015
Lives for gear
Looks great but i just cant pay $300 US each for these. Will be waiting for xmas
Old 14th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicmacd View Post
Looks great but i just cant pay $300 US each for these. Will be waiting for xmas
Probably only have to wait for about 6 weeks after release
Old 14th April 2015
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Moore View Post
I see VSC-2 now displays AAX-DSP as a format. Is the version 1.5 download AAX-DSP? Or can we use the All installer to install the V3 plug-ins we have licenses for?
I just surfed on their web site and A LOT of plugins have been updated to AAX DSP

Verry cool!
Old 14th April 2015
Lives for gear

Awesome. I am excited about these new products. I am most excited about the new Vertigo plugin and the updates to AAX DSP for several existing plugins. Almost their entire range is AAX DSP now. The only reason I am less excited about the Millennia stuff is because I already have way more compressors and EQ than I need, but I may snag those on a good deal too cause I love Millennia. If anyone wants to easily see the plugins that are AAX DSP, in the top right corner of the products page, there is a "format" selector. I'm going to be refreshing all my PA installs now to see if there are any other goodies that may have silently come along with this new update.
Old 14th April 2015
Everything looks excellent except the price, but hey, who am I to judge them on their right to price their own products?
Old 14th April 2015
Lives for gear
I imagine UAD have had a say in the pricing structure. The aussie dollar has the value of toilet paper so these are out of the question at $394AU each. oMG :(
Old 14th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
I imagine UAD have had a say in the pricing structure. The aussie dollar has the value of toilet paper so these are out of the question at $394AU each. oMG :(
Look across their product line, this pricing is right in line with everything else. They do have occasional deals so you might be wise to keep on the lookout.
Old 14th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvalmont View Post
Look across their product line, this pricing is right in line with everything else. They do have occasional deals so you might be wise to keep on the lookout.
They have very poor (virtually non existent) customer loyalty deals.
The PSP model is fantastic, you get x% discount for owning Y plugins.
I own 10 PA plugins (excluding the freebies) and there is no deal.

Old 14th April 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post

I own only one PA plugin, Maag EQ4, I got it when they had promotion of '99 copies for 99 dollars' or something along those lines. It was an impulse buy in all honesty. All of their other stuff is wayyy too expensive for me. Not sure how people afford their plugins. But the new processors do look nice, but it will probably take some odd months to a year to even come across a deal that is even remotely decent.

Something else I'm not understanding.. I watched the video on the new MAAG EQ2 and they said something about MAAG EQ4 owners getting a discount on the EQ2, but I can't find that discount anywhere... anyone else know where to find said discount?

Around 0:45 he mentions the discount.

Old 14th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:

I just recieved an email with a deal for EQ2
Old 14th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_04_04 View Post
Something else I'm not understanding.. I watched the video on the new MAAG EQ2 and they said something about MAAG EQ4 owners getting a discount on the EQ2, but I can't find that discount anywhere... anyone else know where to find said discount?
I got an email about the discount on the MAAG EQ2 for MAAG EQ4 owners.
Old 14th April 2015
Quote:
I got an email about the discount on the MAAG EQ2 for MAAG EQ4 owners.
I paid full price for the MAAG EQ4 so I wonder if that has anything to do with me getting the email??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Moore View Post
I just recieved an email with a deal for EQ2
Nice catch... I deleted that email because I thought it was just promotional for their new products... went to my trash folder and found it and saw the discount offer. Thanks.
Old 14th April 2015
I honestly don't think I will jump on the MAAG EQ2 deal even with the decent discount. It has 2 knobs: One is the same high band as the MAAG EQ4 with an additional frequency or maybe two... and the other is a low mid band. The additional frequency on the high band doesn't really thrill me.. so the only thing we would be getting is an adjustable low-mid band (which is a bit peculiar with the freqeuncies locked to certain bandwidths)... so even at more than 50 percent discount, paying 70 bucks for one band of EQ doesn't really excite me... but who knows, maybe I'll wake up tomorrow wanting to throw my hard-earned cash away.
Old 14th April 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
I own nearly all their products and they did not all cost $299 a few did but not many.
Old 14th April 2015
Gear Maniac
Wow, haven't seen these coming.

Both Millennia plugins looking gorgeous. Might be the best GUI's I've ever seen.
Old 14th April 2015
M2E
Lives for gear

I own 10 of their plugins including the Maag EQ4 but never recieved an email about this Maag discount.
I'd most likely take advantage of it if I've seen it.

Marc
Old 14th April 2015
I haven't payed full price for a single Plugin Alliance plugin, but I own plenty. They have A LOT of different deals going on. Facebook exclusives, email exclusives (?), summer sales, xmas sales, whatever sales. If you buy bundles, I think you will benefit from already owned plugins also.

One of my favorite plugin makers for sure, all sound top notch and easily the most reliable plugins I have.

The Vertigo VSM will definately be on my list, but will probably wait for the next sale season. EQ2 is tempting as I just got the EQ4 and like it very much. I recieved an upgrade offer a while after the introduction email.

I'm really waiting for these guys to take a shot on some fx stuff, reverb or a delay etc.

Last edited by raymondwave; 14th April 2015 at 11:37 AM..
Old 14th April 2015
Great to see some of the UAD exclusives finally ported over. Both the VSM3 and Millennia EQ sounded nice when I demo'd them a while back. I'm sure they'll have some nice deals, just a matter of when.

Also undecided about the new Maag Eq, own the older one but even with the discount still not totally convinced I need it, will have to try it though.
Old 14th April 2015
Lives for gear
Just logging in my account and there was a mastering bundle with VSM3 included my price - $134.00 as I owned all the other plug ins in the bundle - This is more like it boys
Old 14th April 2015
Lives for gear

I'm sure they're great, but I think I'll wait for the next deal before I even demo them. Having said that I won't be looking at the EQ-2. $149 is crazy for a two band eq (one and a bit if you already have EQ-4).
Old 14th April 2015
Gear Nut

I haven't tried the Maag EQ2 but could someone inform me why I would need this if I have the Maag EQ4? Is it the sound? or ease of use?
Old 14th April 2015
I've been demoing the EQ2 today on some sources and it's a weird one. The new 15k air band is quite self explanatory, it does sound different to 10 or 20, but the LMF bands are quite interesting. I can't quite figure out proper use for them yet other than general beefing things up. Some freqs are quite nice to electronic kick, that's for sure, but then again EQ4 is good at that also. I guess EQ2 is just extra sweetening with a bit of different flavour from the new freqs. They are boost only, so it's not a very surgical eq, it's more of a "sweetener".
Old 14th April 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twrogstudio View Post
I'm sure they're great, but I think I'll wait for the next deal before I even demo them. Having said that I won't be looking at the EQ-2. $149 is crazy for a two band eq (one and a bit if you already have EQ-4).
Hopefully the upgrade voucher doesn't expire and can be combined with a future deal.
Old 14th April 2015
Lives for gear

What upgrade voucher?
Old 14th April 2015
Lives for gear

These look pretty cool, but I have to agree with others that the price is way too steep. It's UAD pricing. They must have some agreement that prohibits them from selling below the UAD price (since some of them are ports and direct competition with UAD). At least that's my guess.
Old 14th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
I own nearly all their products and they did not all cost $299 a few did but not many.
Right, not all of them cost that but most of their premium plugs are in the $249-$329 range, and even those plugins don't cost that when on sale. Of course I would have liked these new $299 ones to have been listed at more like $249 though. And for the guy asking about their customer loyalty deals, they offer bundle discounts, so for instance because of all the plugins I own, on my customer page the PA 3.1 ALL Bundle shows up as like ~$800 instead of ~$2800.

I really don't understand the need for another Maag plugin. Sometimes PA is a little bit obsessive with 'must sell every single plugin separately' when sometimes it would really make more sense to just make a couple plugins part of he same plugin when selling, for instance BX_BOOM which is just a preset of the BX_dynEQ and it's the same with some SPL stuff. I have thought before, "really, the people who own Dyneq don't just get the little guy for free?" It's particularly annoying when you are required to purchase these extraneous duplicate plugins in order to complete a bundle. This feels kind of the same because there is little chance I have any interest in adding one band of an eq I already have in a standalone form factor for any amount of money. I get that they are emulating hardware which probably compels them to do it this way but this would be so much more useful if they just added that new band on to EQ4. Why would I want to use 2 plugins to get all the bands of what should be 1 plugin on a digital system? "Because they made the hardware that way" is not a good answer for me.

Last edited by jsvalmont; 14th April 2015 at 01:01 PM..
Old 14th April 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Right, not all of them cost that but most of their premium plugs are in the $249-$329 range, and even those plugins don't cost that when on sale. And for the guy asking about their customer loyalty deals, they offer bundle discounts, so for instance because of all the plugins I own, on my customer page the PA 3.1 ALL Bundle shows up as like ~$800 instead of ~$2800.
point taken Im grabbing the Vertigo Plug in with the Masters bundle Love that plug in on drums, Im a bit unsure about the Mill Compressor, Love the EQ thou.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search