The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer to donate 1000 synthesizers
Old 5 days ago
  #91
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleclockdivid View Post
Imho it's a contradiction and schizophrenic to perform some kind of charity yet at the same time keep on cloning recent designs .
Respect the poor children , disrupt the industry ??

It appears that Uli sees himself as some kind of Robin Hood , where all the other companies and it's employees are evil and bad .

You take this way way way too seriously

Honestly some of you and your preoccupation with all things Uli, over several years, has more to do with some kinda of crazyness than (yet another) businessman spotting a way to market his company in a more positive light.

In the words of the immortal disney frozen “let it go”
Old 5 days ago
  #92
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
You take this way way way too seriously

[...]

In the words of the immortal disney frozen “let it go”
As it could be applied to you too.

(and I know me as well, but you're the one to bring it up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Honestly some of you and your preoccupation with all things Uli, over several years, has more to do with some kinda of crazyness than (yet another) businessman spotting a way to market his company in a more positive light.
Dude...you seem bright. That's a really servile and sycophantic summary, if not pointedly revisionist. I find more the "craziness" how it's so easy to turn a blind eye to morals and ethics.
Old 5 days ago
  #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
As it could be applied to you too.

(and I know me as well, but you're the one to bring it up)

I bring it up because no matter how much you and some others go on and on about this its not going to change. Theyre not going to stop producing clones, people are not going to stop buying them, you will just continue to write the same posts for how many more years? 2? 5?

It will not make one shred of difference. In fact in this day and age you are just as likely to get others to dig their heels in, post more threads requiring you to again post the same points...over and over.

If you think that's healthy or doesn't bother you then great...fire ahead...I can simply put you and others on ignore so I don't have to read the same posts over and over again, Id rather not as I don't actually dislike any of the "anti behringer" brigade, but it's boring..at the end of the day that's all it is, boring.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Dude...you seem bright. That's a really servile and sycophantic summary, if not pointedly revisionist. I find more the "craziness" how it's so easy to turn a blind eye to morals and ethics.
Morals and ethics? "dude" you are not the yardstick I measure myself by and this is not the moral battleground I have much interest in. There are far far more important things in the world that I care about than a hobby, and the manufacturing process of one of the many companies that I buy from in this hobby. Id rather behringer cleaned up its act but even if it did you, and others, would feel exactly the same as you always have.



Just be sure you are not going to change my mind, your posts are not going to change my mind, nor are post to post interactions...thuper therious
Old 5 days ago
  #94
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Just be sure you are not going to change my mind, your posts are not going to change my mind, nor are post to post interactions...thuper therious
I'm not trying to change your mind btw.

I don't get why you'd think that.
Old 5 days ago
  #95
Lives for gear
 

Its perfectly possible to separate a companies business dealings with laudable act of altruism. One thing does not validate/condone nor negate the other.
Anybody who believes this was done purely for publicity simply isnt interfacing properly with reality, behringer are hardly short of that these days, it might be fair to say that they are the most conspicuous brand in music tech today,and even if it is all some big cynical PR exercise...so what? It doesnt change the fact that 1000 underpriveleged young people will find themselves with a musical instrument in their hands with all the life changing possibilities that might bring.
Old 5 days ago
  #96
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
I'm not trying to change your mind btw.

I don't get why you'd think that.
so whats the purpose of your posts, you just like to read them back or is it a points based system for your Morals & Ethics badge?
Old 5 days ago
  #97
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
so whats the purpose of your posts, you just like to read them back or is it a points based system for your Morals & Ethics badge?
I'm expressing my opinions, no different than what you are doing.
Old 5 days ago
  #98
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdavidson View Post
Its perfectly possible to separate a companies business dealings with laudable act of altruism. One thing does not validate/condone nor negate the other.
Anybody who believes this was done purely for publicity simply isnt interfacing properly with reality, behringer are hardly short of that these days, it might be fair to say that they are the most conspicuous brand in music tech today,and even if it is all some big cynical PR exercise...so what? It doesnt change the fact that 1000 underpriveleged young people will find themselves with a musical instrument in their hands with all the life changing possibilities that might bring.
+1


That was my point


No ones asking anyone to dance around in joy embracing their Boog


But its like some would rather they didnt do anything charitable...because of theyre disagreement with business practises. I dont agree with the way Microsoft work sometimes but I dont want them to stop offering Microsoft Office to non profits in India...ooo the cyniscim in me is screaming...but....but
Old 5 days ago
  #99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
I'm expressing my opinions, no different than what you are doing.
No I was trying to change someone's mind, that's why I quoted them...yanno like you quoted me.
Old 5 days ago
  #100
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
so whats the purpose of your posts
what's the purpose of this thread?
Old 5 days ago
  #101
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
No I was trying to change someone's mind, that's why I quoted them...yanno like you quoted me.
You know, you're still stating your opinions.
Old 5 days ago
  #102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
what's the purpose of this thread?
I imagine the op is trying to show something positive behringers done and its synth related. Did you really need that pointed out?
Old 5 days ago
  #103
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
You know, you're still stating your opinions.
Really? We are having this conversation? tell me when you're done
Old 5 days ago
  #104
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
I imagine the op is trying to show something positive behringers done and its synth related. Did you really need that pointed out?
cool, and others share their opinions what they think about it, even if it's boring to you
Old 5 days ago
  #105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
cool, and others share their opinions what they think about it, even if it's boring to you
I was merely making a suggestion....time to finally use that ignore list.
Old 5 days ago
  #106
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
I was merely making a suggestion....time to finally use that ignore list.
And follow your own advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
In the words of the immortal disney frozen “let it go”
Old 5 days ago
  #107
you win, you win...Im letting it go...youve finally bored me out of a thread
Old 5 days ago
  #108
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
I was merely making a suggestion....time to finally use that ignore list.
damn, won't be able to sleep tonight, a random guy in an online forum put me on ignore
Old 5 days ago
  #109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
damn, won't be able to sleep tonight, a random guy in an online forum put me on ignore
yeah because I said it would bother you
Old 5 days ago
  #110
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
you win, you win...Im letting it go...youve finally bored me out of a thread
sh1t
Old 5 days ago
  #111
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
yeah because I said it would bother you
normal people just do it without having to tell everyone how badass they are doing it, finally! finally it's the point where I have to put someone on my empty ignore list. And yet it's still empty
Old 5 days ago
  #112
Oh, it does bother you, I wont then
Old 5 days ago
  #113
3bc
Gear Maniac
 

@ Uli Behringer

I am on the Chicago board for a charity called Little Kids Rock. We put music education back in underprivileged school systems throughout the United States. In Chicago alone we serve 35,000+ Chicago Public School children. The focus of the program is practical education, putting guitars, drums, keys, etc. into the hands of children and teaching them the fundamentals of music and how to play songs they actually know and enjoy.

We would love the opportunity to have Behringer gear donated into our class rooms and give our kids even more opportunity to learn and love music! We already have a couple of great partnerships (epiphone, Sweetwater, some great celebrity supporters, etc.), but none in the synthesizer space, and none with the breadth of products that Behringer offers, that are all germane to our mission.

Please check out our website for more information, as well as a video of one very special kid in our Chicago program!

https://www.littlekidsrock.org



Thanks!

I’ll get out of the way so the haters can keep moaning away...
Old 5 days ago
  #114
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bc View Post
@ Uli Behringer

I am on the Chicago board for a charity called Little Kids Rock. We put music education back in underprivileged school systems throughout the United States. In Chicago alone we serve 35,000+ Chicago Public School children. The focus of the program is practical education, putting guitars, drums, keys, etc. into the hands of children and teaching them the fundamentals of music and how to play songs they actually know and enjoy.

We would love the opportunity to have Behringer gear donated into our class rooms and give our kids even more opportunity to learn and love music! We already have a couple of great partnerships (epiphone, Sweetwater, some great celebrity supporters, etc.), but none in the synthesizer space, and none with the breadth of products that Behringer offers, that are all germane to our mission.

Please check out our website for more information, as well as a video of one very special kid in our Chicago program!

https://www.littlekidsrock.org



Thanks!

I’ll get out of the way so the haters can keep moaning away...
Bravo!

Chicago needs the likes of Captain Walter Dyett more than ever...
Old 5 days ago
  #115
Lives for gear
 

Uli is not my favorite corporate rich guy, but this is a good thing, yes? How can we hate this?
Old 5 days ago
  #116
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljefe View Post
but this is a good thing, yes? How can we hate this?
Yes, this is a good thing. People will find a way to hate anything, at any time. I'm sure there were more than a few people in that crowd of 5,000 complaining about the lack of herbed butter and slightly chilled white wine to go with the loaves and fishes.

I'm not too hip on Behringer; in fact I always vomit in the back of my throat a little when I hear Uli complaining about how much harder it is to copy someone else's homework instead of doing his own, but this is a great and noble gesture and the idea that it's a publicity stunt just isn't registering at all on my "gives-a-****-o-meter". If Behringer's success means they can do something like give away 1,000 synths to deserving young people, then godspeed to them I say.
Old 5 days ago
  #117
Lives for gear
 
matt pinchin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bc View Post
@ Uli Behringer

I am on the Chicago board for a charity called Little Kids Rock. We put music education back in underprivileged school systems throughout the United States. In Chicago alone we serve 35,000+ Chicago Public School children. The focus of the program is practical education, putting guitars, drums, keys, etc. into the hands of children and teaching them the fundamentals of music and how to play songs they actually know and enjoy.

We would love the opportunity to have Behringer gear donated into our class rooms and give our kids even more opportunity to learn and love music! We already have a couple of great partnerships (epiphone, Sweetwater, some great celebrity supporters, etc.), but none in the synthesizer space, and none with the breadth of products that Behringer offers, that are all germane to our mission.

Please check out our website for more information, as well as a video of one very special kid in our Chicago program!

https://www.littlekidsrock.org



Thanks!

I’ll get out of the way so the haters can keep moaning away...
Its is for these kinds of causes that I created this thread.
You can also post this in the comments section of the video linked from page one of this thread.
Lets hope that you recieve some goodies.
Old 5 days ago
  #118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klonfocius View Post
and asking for nominations of potential organizations as if he is capable enough of digging the most obsolete copyright but completely unable to find 1000 children that would like to have one of his , "sorta" clones.
Because every youth house has a website where they list how poor they are, and how much the kids struggle?

Many of these things are super small and you will only find out of them if you know someone who knows.

Do you really think it's that bad for Behringer to ask for such input, or are you just trying to find things to hate on because you don't like them?
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump