The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer to donate 1000 synthesizers
Old 1st December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Well I view it akin to your current avatar; the orange POS recently announced he'd donate his salary to fight the opioid crisis, as if that humanitarian gesture mitigates either past history or that there is massive self dealing going on.
Im not going to get into politics...But you can applaud one action without condoning others...sure theres a line but nothing this company's done will have me condemning any charitable work.

Theres kids in Philly (and many other urban centers) that view music like they do sport, sometimes these are the only options for them to escape their situation...short of Adolf Hitler donating them Maschine Mk1s Im going to applaud it. If you think its just a marketing exercise, you're likely right, just as much as Ableton donating returned Push's to schools. But the end result is the important one, not posturing on message boards for sure.

For me this is not the fight, if you think it is fire ahead...spit on everything they do, after all they copied mackie mixers 15 years ago.
Old 1st December 2019
Quote:
How is that germane to anything on this thread?

If you want to equate Uli being an epic A-hole like Jobs, yeah I see comparisons...
Just about every mega successful man on the planet is an a-hole to a lesser or greater extent, its part of their make up than got them where they were/are.
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Just about every mega successful man on the planet is an a-hole to a lesser or greater extent, its part of their make up than got them where they were/are.
I still don't see how it's germane, unless it's part of the overall "idolatry" narrative.
Old 1st December 2019
Quote:
I still don't see how it's germane, unless it's part of the overall "idolatry" narrative.
I thought you'd spelt german wrong
Old 1st December 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Only in the sexual sense.
Just wondered because I've never heard anyone in California call it Cal besides jocks and the sports media. Everyone else calls it UC Berkeley. I lived here a long time before I realized they were the same thing.
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I thought you'd spelt german wrong
right it says: germanistan with gothic language
by the way, uli is swiss, that is the same as sweden or swaziland
we speak cheesegerman here
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Just wondered because I've never heard anyone in California call it Cal besides jocks and the sports media. Everyone else calls it UC Berkeley. I lived here a long time before I realized they were the same thing.
CAL colloquially yes; Frisco, San Fran, Cali not so much...

I'd accept Berserkly, Oaktown.

Bezerkly too.
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl. Punishment View Post
Okay then.

This thread is only 5 hours old and already we've got the usual highlights from those who think Uli walks on water (with the inevitable literal comparisons to Jesus) and those who think Uli is just polishing his cloven hooves.

So allow me to offer a more middle-of-the-road comment:

This is a good idea. No, this is actually a great idea, but don't make more of it than it is or belittle it because it doesn't fit your narrative. Let it stand on its own as an act of altruism and be grateful that 1000 young people will probably have the best Christmas ever. And try to resist the urge to make a false equivalence where none exists.
Are you deliberately accusing both sides? Perhaps mods should censor you for that insult!? Its a terrible idea ULIB has to "pretend" to be saint Nickolaus so close to pre Christmas! There is an evil side of Altruism idea that is: Shall you kill two people to save 5? your choice.

No, the whole purpose of this Bheringer charity idea is obvious a marketing scam to pretend look good while using Chinese child labor as been pointed out by numerous GS members in other threads! ULIB should instead give 10000 instruments to incapacitated musicians, like deaf ones! Justice in our time! FREE THE TURKEYS NOW! I have a DREAM, that one day blabla bla 1000 synths to children will make better music and resurrect the vinyl market!

Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klonfocius View Post
ULIB should instead give 10000 instruments to incapacitated musicians, like deaf ones!
Hows about a direct dollar donation to the Hearing Health Foundation (formerly known as Deafness Research Foundation)?

I'm sure everyone would applaud such a gesture.
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Hows about a direct dollar donation to the Hearing Health Foundation (formerly known as Deafness Research Foundation)?
I'm sure everyone would applaud such a gesture.
Indeed ULIB could, but then all in silence, no altruistic advertisement by mentioning it on a video and asking for nominations of potential organizations as if he is capable enough of digging the most obsolete copyright but completely unable to find 1000 children that would like to have one of his , "sorta" clones. Yes then he "could" get a poke on his shoulder for his particular type of altruism!

I have a much better suggestion for ULIB on what to do with his billions, go drill some frekking water wells in .....insert poor country here......and improve entire societies.
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear

Why is this thread moved back from audio life forum into the synth forum ?
This is pure marketing and has no place in the synth department .
Mods , please stay neutral
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear

Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear
U take 1000 synthesizers and donate them...
Old 1st December 2019
Aml
Gear Maniac

^
Gearslutz lately
Old 1st December 2019
Deleted f70b22f
Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
true words, it is much easier to do bad, good is always more exhausting

i know charity from the royals, 5 star hotels (premium christmas dinner for the homeless), bill gates
and much more, but from the music sector that's new to me,
possible that has already existed from the guitar world.
why not, something new.
I don't know how old you are, but charity has always been a part of the "music sector"

https://www.synchtank.com/blog/23-mu...estive-season/

The difference is that normally this isn't done as a self promotional act
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
I don't know how old you are, but charity has always been part in the "music sector"

Some things from the past should not be mentioned, just ask bob geldof ...
Everything was meant very well, but then
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear
Old 2nd December 2019
Lives for gear

It's better to get hooked on synths then on drugs. Just sayin.

The gesture is nice and lets hope many children will benefit from this charity.
Old 2nd December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse View Post
It's better to get hooked on synths then on drugs. Just sayin.
Old 2nd December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
... after all they copied mackie mixers 15 years ago.
Now they copy mics by Shure and headphones by Beyer Dynamics:

https://www.gearnews.com/behringer-u...-for-11-bucks/

https://www.gearnews.com/behringer-i...es-the-bh-770/
Old 2nd December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_soulcatcher View Post
yup and IOS devices by IK and synths by moog.. and mackie mixers 15 years ago etc etc, usw, repeat to fade

thanks for the heads up, bought a couple of the mics
Old 2nd December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
yup and IOS devices by IK and synths by moog.. etc, usw, repeat to fade

I know I know...but thats not what triggered the initial dislike by most who dislike them, that just keeps the fires burning
moog (D's) is a different story but the DT 770 headphones are still in production
Old 2nd December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
The difference is that normally this isn't done as a self promotional act

that sir is hilarious, well played
Old 2nd December 2019
Quote:
moog (D's) is a different story but the DT 770 headphones are still in production
and, why are you telling me this? Ive no intention of buying them, there is no chance in hell those $35 BTs are going to respond like the beyerdynamics...prolly a nice set of cans for the money though

also the Moog Mother is still in production...
Old 2nd December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
and, why are you telling me this? Ive no intention of buying them, there is no chance in hell those $35 BTs are going to respond like the beyerdynamics...prolly a nice set of cans for the money though

also the Moog Mother is still in production...
the crave isn't a 1:1 clone of a m32 (except for the feature set) but not for the sound

I was mentioning the DT770 cause that kind of product politics is at least very questionable imo and it wasn't only directed at you (even if you are the one I've quoted)
Old 2nd December 2019
Quote:
the crave isn't a 1:1 clone of a m32 (except for the feature set) but not for the sound

I was mentioning the DT770 cause that kind of product politics is at least very questionable imo and it wasn't only directed at you (even if you are the one I've quoted)
Erm OK...ive already stated I find some of their practices questionable, doesnt affect my appreciation of anything charitable though.
Old 2nd December 2019
Lives for gear

I just don't get it
Cloning vintage synthesizers is one thing , cloning exisiting gear+cosmetics while threatening everyone who accuses them of copying is beyond logic .
One would assume he doesn't need to do that anymore , but still ...it's easy money right ?
Anyone in defence of behringer just showcases what is ****ing wrong with this world and attitude .
Sue me ...
Old 2nd December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Erm OK...ive already stated I find some of their practices questionable, doesnt affect my appreciation of anything charitable though.
Imho it's a contradiction and schizophrenic to perform some kind of charity yet at the same time keep on cloning recent designs .
Respect the poor children , disrupt the industry ??

It appears that Uli sees himself as some kind of Robin Hood , where all the other companies and it's employees are evil and bad .
Old 2nd December 2019
DGL
Lives for gear
Thomann also have their charity so maybe get in contact with them for a list of worthy institutions.
https://www.hansthomannstiftung.de/t...ann-foundation
Old 2nd December 2019
Lives for gear

This thread is like a honeytrap.... for idiots.

(oh wait... the honeytrap caught me, damn it! )

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search