The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
iZotope acquires Exponential Audio
Old 22nd May 2019
You bought those plug-ins knowing exactly how the licensing works and you didn't sign up for PACE ZDT as it seems. What does iZotope have to do with this?
Old 22nd May 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo C View Post
You bought those plug-ins knowing exactly how the licensing works and you didn't sign up for PACE ZDT as it seems. What does iZotope have to do with this?
Yes, i`ve bought these plugins, no i dont know how iLok/Pace changes licensing and/or about ZDT until yesterday.

I dont want to argue here about iLok ripping of people who bought a product no aware of additional costs as its not a subscription - its already full paid.

I only want to know if there is a way that i can still use "my" EA plugins without spending more money to a shady company like iLok.

Since iZotope products supports authorization "Online, iLok, Challenge/Response (Offline), and our iZotope Product Portal application" im pretty sure there is a way to make this work.

I can proof ive bought the plugins from EA.
Old 22nd May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobeye View Post
Yes, i`ve bought these plugins, no i dont know how iLok/Pace changes licensing and/or about ZDT until yesterday.

I dont want to argue here about iLok ripping of people who bought a product no aware of additional costs as its not a subscription - its already full paid.

I only want to know if there is a way that i can still use "my" EA plugins without spending more money to a shady company like iLok.

Since iZotope products supports authorization "Online, iLok, Challenge/Response (Offline), and our iZotope Product Portal application" im pretty sure there is a way to make this work.

I can proof ive bought the plugins from EA.
You're pretty much asking for a favour, a nice gesture. Write to iZotope and Exponential, maybe they can help you out. Best luck with your request!
Old 22nd May 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo C View Post
You're pretty much asking for a favour, a nice gesture. Write to iZotope and Exponential, maybe they can help you out. Best luck with your request!
Yes, im on it already. I hope my UAD-Hardware dongle doesnt break too.

EDIT: after contacting the iZotope Support, they managed to fix my problem so i can use my EA Plugins again.

GREAT SUPPORT, thanks iZotope!
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Does Izotope cares now about previous Exponential Audio Customers?

Is there any change about licensing?

I got a broken iLok (not my fauilt, just stopped working) and i wont pay any cent to iLok/Pace whatever, no 49$ recovery fee and/or 55$ shipping from europe.

I guess i wont be able to use all the software anymore i got on the iLok but i would be very grateful if there is any option that i still can use Phoenix and Excalibur i`ve bought a few years ago.

You'll be able to use all of your stuff, but you are going to have to report the iLok as broken and probably return it to PACE. PACE will replace any broken iLok (along with all the licenses on it) at no charge. I don't know anything about shipping charges ($55 sure seems high). But you won't know anything until you start a ticket with PACE. That's not an iZotope policy; it's a PACE policy and it was the same under Exponential Audio.

Once you get the license situation straightened out, you can easily move your Phoenix and Excalibur licenses to your machine. You won't need the iLok for them. That's a change we instituted about 6 months ago.
Old 23rd May 2019
Gear Head

I tried to open an RMA at iLok already, then i saw the shipping costs and repair fees and thought: no, thanks.

Also, im very happy that i wont have to use the USB-Dongle anymore.
Old 23rd May 2019
Quote:

EDIT: after contacting the iZotope Support, they managed to fix my problem so i can use my EA Plugins again.

GREAT SUPPORT, thanks iZotope!
Old 27th May 2019
Here for the gear

Just like to note that discounts are still applicable for Exponential Audio when buying additional plugins. Additional % sale off get added on top of that.
Old 7th July 2019
Gear Addict

I hope just that Izotope won't change them GUI to look like Ozone or Neutron :(
Old 9th October 2019
Lives for gear

I hope they do

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search