Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   DIY electronic build + refurbishment photo diaries (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/diy-electronic-build-refurbishment-photo-diaries/)
-   -   TR-9090 start to finish. (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/diy-electronic-build-refurbishment-photo-diaries/950953-tr-9090-start-finish.html)

Fede.VR 28th August 2014 01:48 PM

TR-9090 start to finish.

3 Attachment(s)
After waiting some time for the MB808 to be available i decided to get the yocto just to find out it was not available anymore.. so i decided to get in the next waiting listy for the TR9090.
Surprisingly Synthage mailed me back immediately telling that he had a few kits still available.
The kit is really well done... all the rare parts are in, everything is well packed and labeled, Trevor's board are well made and documented.... just.. damn dense !!!
As this is marked as a project not for beginners i was a bit worried but more i build it more things get easy and clean....
Till now i ve spent less than 20h and i've done multi out, main out, power, amp, bd and sd sections...
Will update with new posts section by section....
now some pics... or it didnt happen ;)

Fede.VR 29th August 2014 09:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
BD, SD and LT done !
boing boing boing

barebones 1st September 2014 09:01 AM

about to order my kit, can't wait to get started!
I hope they get the sequencer and full case together soon...

Kan Kaban 2nd September 2014 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barebones (Post 10380054)
about to order my kit, can't wait to get started!
I hope they get the sequencer and full case together soon...

Me too...hittt

Panoramix 4th September 2014 09:35 PM

I don't know about the instructions that comes with the kit, and perhaps there are testing stages in between, but normally you start with mounting the lowest height parts: the resistors, place them all, then the IC sockets for instance, etcetera. (FWIW)

Fede.VR 5th September 2014 07:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
better to build instruments one by one , to be able to debug easyly..... ;)
build finished, cardboard temp. case done... everything works.. !! :)

Kan Kaban 5th September 2014 07:11 AM

Beatiful experimental & eco-friendly case! kfhkh freshflowe
:facepalm:

PRH 5th September 2014 09:22 AM

I admire the ingenuity of the enclosure, but mains powered gear in cardboard? confoosed

Panoramix 5th September 2014 12:17 PM

Congratulations!!

Fede.VR 5th September 2014 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRH (Post 10391689)
I admire the ingenuity of the enclosure, but mains powered gear in cardboard? confoosed

being in a country (cameroon) where finding a case could take months, the most important thing was to check if everything worked.... now i know everything works and i can disassemble it and wait all the time needed to get it up & running in a real case....

PRH 5th September 2014 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fede.VR (Post 10392591)
being in a country (cameroon) where finding a case could take months, the most important thing was to check if everything worked.... now i know everything works and i can disassemble it and wait all the time needed to get it up & running in a real case....

Perfect! Now I understand.

Congratulations on the build. It should be a really cool piece of gear kfhkh

But please do stay safe :cool:

Fede.VR 10th September 2014 09:06 PM

thanks.. It really was quite fun building it but the end result is definitely better :D this thing really rocks ! it has "that" 909 sound...

barebones 13th September 2014 11:26 AM

mine's in the post, hopefully get building next week, i'm in the MB909 sequencer beta test group as well

Fede.VR 13th September 2014 03:38 PM

a short tone tweaking session....
recorded through ****ty internal soundcard as here in Douala i cant find jack cables.... :(
this thing kicks like a mule... definitely worth the building time and effort !!

LektroiD 8th July 2018 01:28 PM

Bringing up an ancient thread I know, but I've always been told to search the forum before posting, hence my reply here...

I'm building mine now, seems my kit is incomplete. I have everything populated, but when I went to assemble, I realised the multi (individual) out board didn't include the main outs. Seems there are some components needing to be added too, not just straight wiring to the sockets... Anyone have a main output board they can photograph (both front and back)? Hopefully that'll help me to wire it up properly.

Johnny T 20th August 2018 04:12 PM

The circuit for the main outputs should be on the final page (down the bottom right) of the schematics PDF.
I can post pictures of the PCB, but it's probably not necessary if you have the schematics.