Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   High End (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/)
-   -   RME ADI 2 vs Rosetta 200 vs Mytek adc 192 (please help) (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/92539-rme-adi-2-vs-rosetta-200-vs-mytek-adc-192-please-help.html)

andremattos 3rd November 2006 03:03 AM

RME ADI 2 vs Rosetta 200 vs Mytek adc 192 (please help)

Hi , guys
I need a help...

RME ADI 2 or Rosetta 200 or Mytek adc 192??jkthtyrt
what is better , can i hear the diference ??diddlydoo

I need to buy one to use in my 1814 (maudio) at 96k

yingyang

andremattos 3rd November 2006 03:41 PM

bumb

flail19 3rd November 2006 03:53 PM

I don't know if this will help much. I bought an Apogee Mini Me and found the pre to be a bit harsh. I bypassed the pres and clocked and converted with the mini and still no love. I ended up taking it back and buying an ADI-2. I'm not saying I am soured on Apogee all together since I haven't used the rosttas....maybe they are different than the Mini. I do know that I am very happy with the ADI-2.

FWIW, I did not try the Rosetta or the Mytek. I do know that for the money the ADI-2 is a very good deal. I paid like 700 USD. I think the the Rosetta is like 1500 USD and the Mytek is 1200 USD. Oh and the ADI-2 is not only Audio to Dig conversion you get Dig to Audio also. The other two you mentioned are only Audio to dig. I hope that helps, good luck!

macr0w 3rd November 2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flail19 (Post 951116)
Oh and the ADI-2 is not only Audio to Dig conversion you get Dig to Audio also. The other two you mentioned are only Audio to dig. I hope that helps, good luck!

I have a rosetta 200 and if you look very closely you can see it has both A/D and D/A. ymmv.heh

andremattos 3rd November 2006 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flail19 (Post 951116)
I don't know if this will help much. I bought an Apogee Mini Me and found the pre to be a bit harsh. I bypassed the pres and clocked and converted with the mini and still no love. I ended up taking it back and buying an ADI-2. I'm not saying I am soured on Apogee all together since I haven't used the rosttas....maybe they are different than the Mini. I do know that I am very happy with the ADI-2.

FWIW, I did not try the Rosetta or the Mytek. I do know that for the money the ADI-2 is a very good deal. I paid like 700 USD. I think the the Rosetta is like 1500 USD and the Mytek is 1200 USD. Oh and the ADI-2 is not only Audio to Dig conversion you get Dig to Audio also. The other two you mentioned are only Audio to dig. I hope that helps, good luck!

Hi , thanks !!!

The price of ADI is very good!jkthtyrt

But , now i want to know about MYTEK 96 ADC or 192 ADC ?!
Anyone knows the diferences? Mytek is better ???diddlydoo

yingyang

flail19 3rd November 2006 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macr0w (Post 951156)
I have a rosetta 200 and if you look very closely you can see it has both A/D and D/A. ymmv.heh

You're right! I stand corrected.

mindseye 4th November 2006 11:14 PM

Flail, where did you get your RME for 700.00 ??

T.RayBullard 4th November 2006 11:52 PM

The mytek is more "clear" whereas the apogee has more of a sound signature. (imo)

the stereo 96 and 192 are both great..the 192 has upgraded insides, and can be powered by a battery.

andremattos 4th November 2006 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindseye (Post 953041)

www.b&hphoto.com
RME ADI 2 - 699,00

andremattos 4th November 2006 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.RayBullard (Post 953082)
The mytek is more "clear" whereas the apogee has more of a sound signature. (imo)

the stereo 96 and 192 are both great..the 192 has upgraded insides, and can be powered by a battery.

Hi Teddy , that's great , do you know about the converter of 192 mytek ? is better than mytek 96k , and what about the word clock of mytek 192 stereo ? is similar a Big Ben ?

T.RayBullard 5th November 2006 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andremattos (Post 953088)
Hi Teddy , that's great , do you know about the converter of 192 mytek ? is better than mytek 96k , and what about the word clock of mytek 192 stereo ? is similar a Big Ben ?

I had some mytek stereo 192s..it definitely sounds different than the 96, that is for sure(more "clean"). I have no idea about the big ben.

Coyoteous 5th November 2006 01:33 AM

I got a b-stock ADI-2 for $550 from Zzounds a little over a year ago. It is killer for the money, but I'd imagine it pales in comparison to the $500 per channel/direction and up boxes. But, there was a recent thread comparing a FF800 to a Rosetta and many preferred the RME. There just doesn't seem to be anything else at the ADI-2 price/quality/size point.

I don't like the "merry go round" settings and mine has 1.2 firmware that I need to try to upgrade. It does seem like a big step up from the FW1814 that I use it with for a portable rig (12' G4 PB 1.5GHz, Logic Pro/Waveburner, Pro Tools M-Powered, Peak Pro 5 XT/DDP, Wave Arts Power Suite, EA Inspector XL and soon to arrive Eliosound Air EQ)*. I needed a half rack box and the ADI-2 fit the bill.

*way off topic: the funniest thing about this set-up is my USB dongle farm, I'll be at 4 on a little hub when the Syncrosoft arrives...

flail19 5th November 2006 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindseye (Post 953041)

Sweetwater RME ADI-2 $699.97 USD

Sounds like there are many places at that price.

flail19 5th November 2006 01:39 AM

Hey! I am now an addict not a maniac!

heppy

andremattos 5th November 2006 02:15 AM

Thats okkfhkh

I think that i will buy one Mytek 192 stereo..hittt .

Anyone here knows where to buy with small price ?diddlydoo

in Brazil is very dificult to buy Mytek cellfone

yingyang

T.RayBullard 5th November 2006 02:21 AM

I dont know about price, but I always use www.calistromusic.com
He is a great guy. andre...you can buy from

http://www.visomdigital.com.br/ contact them..they will square you away.
Quote:

Originally Posted by andremattos (Post 953253)
Thats okkfhkh

I think that i will buy one Mytek 192 stereo..hittt .

Anyone here knows where to buy with small price ?diddlydoo

in Brazil is very dificult to buy Mytek cellfone

yingyang

andremattos 5th November 2006 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.RayBullard (Post 953262)
I dont know about price, but I always use www.calistromusic.com
He is a great guy. andre...you can buy from

http://www.visomdigital.com.br/ contact them..they will square you away.

Visom ? Great ! Thanks a lot !!! kfhkh

Gabriel Sousa 5th November 2006 03:31 AM

buy the RME

RIZ Records 5th November 2006 04:01 AM

Does the RME ADI pro series have the same convertors as the FF800?

Does the Rosetta have a wider stereo image than the RME ADI Series?

andremattos 5th November 2006 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Sousa (Post 953315)
buy the RME

Hello Gabriel !
'
Why do you say "buy RME" ??
jummpp
Vc fala portugues ? se sim, diga me as diferen├žas e pq vc acha o RME ?

Thanksjkthtyrt

aussie_techie 5th November 2006 05:24 AM

theres not alot of point buying a good A/D without a D/A

DeepSpace 5th November 2006 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flail19 (Post 953205)
Hey! I am now an addict not a maniac!

Nah. We're all just slutz. hooppie

T.RayBullard 5th November 2006 03:29 PM

Im sorry, but the Mytek is in an entirely different league than the RME ADI...Trust me on that one. No contest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andremattos (Post 953416)
Hello Gabriel !
'
Why do you say "buy RME" ??
jummpp
Vc fala portugues ? se sim, diga me as diferen├žas e pq vc acha o RME ?

Thanksjkthtyrt

jayman 5th November 2006 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.RayBullard (Post 953104)
I had some mytek stereo 192s..it definitely sounds different than the 96, that is for sure(more "clean"). I have no idea about the big ben.

I have to second this.... I just went from the 96 to the 128 and there is a noticable difference. I have no experience with RME, so I can't help there. I love my mytek though.

j

andremattos 5th November 2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayman (Post 953875)
I have to second this.... I just went from the 96 to the 128 and there is a noticable difference. I have no experience with RME, so I can't help there. I love my mytek though.

j

Hello Jaymanheh , Do you know anything about the word clock of Mytek 192 Stereo ?

I will have to clock my 1814fw in a ext master clock , Mytek 192 adc is a good choice too ?

ISedlacek 5th November 2006 05:11 PM

Does Mytek 192 have a noisy fan ? (if I remember well some reports).

wshaw 5th November 2006 05:26 PM

This year I replaced my RME ADI-2, which had been my AD and DA for 2-track recording and for monitoring. I replaced it with a Mytek "audiophile" DA and a Grace Lunatec.

The Mytek is one of a dozen or so prototypes, but it's similar to their 96k model. Comparing it to the RME, it provdes a subtle but significant improvement to the stereo image, and the high-end frequencies are rendered more smoothly. It is NOT a mind-shattering improvement, but it IS important, since it allows me to hear further "into" the mix, and make really tiny adjustments with confidence. The Mytek is very musical.

As for the Lunatec's AD compared to the RME's, I'd make similar comparisons, but the differences there are less dramatic than on the DA side. OTOH, it works very well for me because I do quite a bit of 2-track field recording.

In all, for spending over a grand on the upgrade (not including the cost of the mic pres in the Lunatec), it wasn't the biggest bang for the buck. The RME is incredible for the money.

jayman 5th November 2006 06:25 PM

no fan noise whatsoever on the 192. When I had the 96, I bought a big ben to clock to. I sold the BB because I couldn't hear a difference with or without it. I clock to the mytek and I think it's excellent.

j

andremattos 5th November 2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayman (Post 954010)
no fan noise whatsoever on the 192. When I had the 96, I bought a big ben to clock to. I sold the BB because I couldn't hear a difference with or without it. I clock to the mytek and I think it's excellent.

j

Hello J , you could not hear a difference ?!?! diddlydoo

jayman 5th November 2006 06:57 PM

nope