Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Apple Logic Pro (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/apple-logic-pro/)
-   -   32 Lives - Completley seamless AU bridge for Logic X! (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/apple-logic-pro/867072-32-lives-completley-seamless-au-bridge-logic-x.html)

Br0ckout 6th September 2013 01:55 PM

32 Lives - Completley seamless AU bridge for Logic X!

Just found this! Looks like we finally have a completely seamless solution!

32 Lives is a 32-bit to 64-bit Audio-Units plug-ins adapter

http://static.kvraudio.com/i/b/scree...05_at_9_18.png

You can load Logic 9 Projects and all 32-bit compatible plugins will load with automation!

32 Lives is a new application, capable of generating a 64-bit Audio Units versions of your loved and hard-earned 32-bit legacy plug-ins, helping you to cross-over to the new Logic Pro X smoothly and transparently. Older Logic Pro sessions will completely load into Logic Pro X, including all parameters and automation. No special re-wring or routing is required. All your 32-bit only plug-ins will again re-appear in the plug-ins menu as they always were.

32 Lives is currently in open beta and available for purchase for a discounted price of $69 (instead $99) for the duration of the pre-release beta stage. All beta users will be upgraded to the full release version at no extra charge.

32 Lives

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/130/wz8h.jpg

This is how it appears in Logic X

As you can see you load the plugin exactly the same as if it we're a 64-bit native plugin. Logic based presets and channel strip settings all load perfectly too. Only different is as its bridged the GUI is still separate but the AU plugin window will automatically move with it when you drag it around.

vallok 6th September 2013 03:16 PM

Looks great!

Do the lexicon pcm plugins work ?

vallok 6th September 2013 03:16 PM

and will there be a demo version ?

gussyg2007 6th September 2013 04:10 PM

have to say pretty it's good ,you still get a bridge but it's well hidden from you.. so it's very usable

stevelindsay 6th September 2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallok (Post 9397538)
Looks great!

They are not currently shown on the developer's Plug-in Compatibility Chart, so maybe not... or nobody's tested them yet and reported one way or the other.

32 Lives Plug-ins Compatibility Chart

Simon Morrison 7th September 2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallok (Post 9397538)

The Lexicon PCM Native Reverbs and Effects are already 64-bit: www.lexiconpro.com/en-US/software

Hint 7th September 2013 12:34 PM

Anyone had success with this and Speakerphone?

SWAN808 7th September 2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Morrison (Post 9398919)
The Lexicon PCM Native Reverbs and Effects are already 64-bit: www.lexiconpro.com/en-US/software

not to all users.....

Northonone 8th September 2013 08:18 AM

I got Waldorf - Largo working. And all My other 32 bit plugins. Hope they sort out the logic window so it wraps around the plugin instead of being above the plugin window. But it works really great!

/Jimmy

M_Music 8th September 2013 11:02 AM

The list is not Powercore MD3? ))

qua 8th September 2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hint (Post 9399914)
Anyone had success with this and Speakerphone?

Yes! Working well. I haven't done a heap of testing but my sessions with Speakerphone opened up fine and I was able to automate.

On The Swarm 9th September 2013 05:19 AM

any chance of a video showing how this works before i fork over some money for it?

duckoff 9th September 2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

not to all users.....
eh?

gussyg2007 9th September 2013 12:28 PM

All my URS one show up kfhkh

Hint 9th September 2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qua (Post 9402686)
Yes! Working well. I haven't done a heap of testing but my sessions with Speakerphone opened up fine and I was able to automate.

Thanks a lot for the report. kfhkh

franknitty69 9th September 2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallok (Post 9397539)
and will there be a demo version ?

This

Krzysztof 9th September 2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by On The Swarm (Post 9404841)
any chance of a video showing how this works before i fork over some money for it?

This would be nice to see.

regards

Krzysztof

duckoff 9th September 2013 09:58 PM

Seems to be working well for me

rickbarratt 9th September 2013 10:14 PM

nice to see sylenth on there, though lennard has reported a 64bit version for the end of the year.

this is a great idea, maybe other companies will take it on board as well.

vanhaze 9th September 2013 10:16 PM

Hi !

I took the plunge and bought 32 Lives.
It requires an internet activation to unlock it, by means of an email adres you provide and a password that is sent to you at that email adres.

You then run the application 32 Lives and it will show you the 32bit AU's at that moment in your Components folder.
You can choose which to bridge ("resurrect") to 64 bit AU.

I succesfully "resurrected" Warmverb, FG-X, Largo and Sylenth 1.

I must say, the bridged AU's seem very solid to me in LPX 10.0.3
I am overal quite satisfied with 32Lives !

One annoying thing though:
When you open a bridged plugin, and mouseclick on the plugin interface, for example to tweak a knob or change preset it steals your computer keyboard, so that the Logic keycommands don't work anymore.

Also, when you work with the music typing window in Logic, to play notes, that window vanishes when you click on the plugin UI, so you have to bring it back again by clicking outside the plugin UI, to give Logic focus again.

claesbjo 9th September 2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckoff (Post 9405485)
eh?

Some folks are using it with ILOK 1, and that version is is 32 bit only AFAIK

claesbjo 9th September 2013 10:30 PM

This is an AWESOME product. I hope it will run with Destroy Fx´s Buffer Override

cheers

On The Swarm 10th September 2013 03:57 AM

will this resurrect pluggins even if they aren't included in the compatibility list?

On The Swarm 10th September 2013 07:04 AM

edit: the quick tests i've done show that 32 lives is very similar to logic 9's 32bit bridge in performance, assuming that logic x and logic 9 perform and use computer resources equally

edit again: i did this test not realizing that 32 lives was also the bridge used in logic 9...therefore, my test was completely useless for this.....and it does feel like it actually is more CPU intensive than logic 9's bridge

unfortunately though, i was not able to resurrect dimension pro and rapture

danielb 10th September 2013 07:09 AM

I bought it yesterday - so far I have used it with Sylenth1 and Waldorf Largo, and both seem to work OK.

The floating header window is a bit odd, but doesn't interfere with functionality at all.

D.

On The Swarm 10th September 2013 07:12 AM

another thing is the plugin windows stay in front of any other app (firefox, etc.) that i switch to if i don't close them first...kind of annoying

Rufuss Sewell 10th September 2013 07:26 AM

Curious, if a third party can make all of these plug ins 64 bit... why is it so hard for the actual developers?

Why can some Joe Schmoe make SampleTank work, but the venerable IK Multimedia... makers of lots of crazy iGadgets and accurate emulations of hardware... takes 3 years?!? IK announced SampleTank 3 in 2010!

SoundToys made all kinds of excuses for years like it was pulling fingernails to get their handful of plug ins to 64 bit.

I suppose this is a cheat, but at this point I'd take a cheat from IK to get my beloved Tron samples working in LPX. I just bought the IK group buy for $69. (which is an amazing deal btw) Ironically the same price a this app. haha.

On The Swarm 10th September 2013 07:40 AM

@rufuss...i think theres a big difference in a making a plugin 64bit than just wrapping/bridging it.....this solution is def useful but native 64bit plugs seem so much more cpu friendly....

On The Swarm 10th September 2013 07:42 AM

i would love to see the little floating window be integrated with the actual plugins so that it looks like it really is 64bit

duckoff 10th September 2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Some folks are using it with ILOK 1, and that version is is 32 bit only AFAIK
Aha! Thx, was considering pulling the trigger on it & got spooked by that!