Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   Sound Radix Releases "32 Lives" 32-Bit to 64-Bit Audio Units Plug-ins Adapter (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/866839-sound-radix-releases-quot-32-lives-quot-32-bit-64-bit-audio-units-plug-ins-adapter.html)

[email protected] 5th September 2013 05:26 PM

Sound Radix Releases "32 Lives" 32-Bit to 64-Bit Audio Units Plug-ins Adapter

http://cdn.soundradix.com/media/soun...x-32-lives.jpg

In July 2013, Apple introduced Logic Pro X, the next-generation version of its professional audio software, bringing many new features and improvement, and updated user interface.
Moving forward with new technologies, the new Logic Pro X is a modern, 64-bit only application, which means that older 32-bit plug-ins will no longer work in Logic Pro X.
Previous projects that were created in Logic 9 or earlier that include 32-bit only plug-ins, would not be able to fully open in Logic Pro X.

Enter 32 Lives.

32 Lives is a new application, capable of generating a 64-bit Audio Units versions of your loved and hard-earned 32-bit legacy plug-ins, helping you to cross-over to the new Logic Pro X smoothly and transparently.
Older Logic Pro sessions will completely load into Logic Pro X, including all parameters and automation. No special re-wiring or routing is required. All your 32-bit plug-ins will again re-appear in the plug-ins menu as they always were.

32 Lives is currently in open beta and offered for a discounted price of $69 (instead $99) for the duration of the pre-release beta stage. All beta users will be upgraded to the full release version at no extra charge.

For more info please point your browser to 32 Lives

Sneakypete 5th September 2013 06:30 PM

Great stuff! One question though, I am using jBridge (+volt&state) right now but I am not able to load presets to the 32-bit plug ins. AUpresets that is (saved in Logic9 through the internal file system. Not within the plug in itself)
Will I be able to load them through 32 Lives? I am most concerned about Sylenth.
Thanks! :)

[email protected] 5th September 2013 06:44 PM

Absolutely! All presets saved in Logic Pro 9 are available from the Logic Pro X presets menu of are totally recallable as if they're native to Logic Pro X boing

Cheers,

-Nir

Sneakypete 5th September 2013 06:54 PM

kfhkh Bought.

spaceman 5th September 2013 08:16 PM

Ok I bought this.

- Converted TAL Elek7ro , it worked perfectly and showed in the proper Tal folder.

- Tried converting AudioEase SpeakerPhone a first time , but when I launched Logic ,it crashed it during evaluation and didn't recognize the plugin. So I deleted it from the Components folder, and tried again. Launched Logic, went into AudioUnits Manager, and checked the box for the wrapped 64bit plugin. AUval crashed again during evaluation, and i got an error message (can't remember what it said). However Speakerphone did show up in an "Incompatible" folder , and seems to be working perfectly...

Davideo 5th September 2013 09:46 PM

Just bought it! Works great.
Autotune crashes. Will you support it in the future?

[email protected]oundRadix 5th September 2013 10:12 PM

Thanks for the reports guys! Auto-Tune EVO and more plug-ins support is coming up. Please note that some plug-ins such as the Abbey Road Brilliance Bundle may not pass validation due to Mac OS incompatibility.

Cheers,

-Nir

macmuse 5th September 2013 11:40 PM

Are you saying that only the plugins listed on your compatibility list will work? It sounded from your writeup that all or most plugins will work but the compatibility list are the ones that have been tested?

[email protected] 6th September 2013 12:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The plug-ins on the list are the ones we tested in-house and working on our machines. Most other plug-ins should work as well. Due to the vast amount of plug-ins out there, and from various development generations, we've decided to ask the publics help in testing their plug-ins - hence the public beta release. As we get more feedback we'll be adding more plug-ins compatibility stats to the list and improve 32 Lives compatibility.

Cheers,

-Nir

David Ray 6th September 2013 12:12 AM

Huge!

Thanks!

martinvolt 6th September 2013 12:43 AM

Woot! Can't wait to try this out! :D

mrgkeys 6th September 2013 04:28 AM

bought tonight for a try out.. abbey roads RS124 crashes Logic X for me.. I can force it to use it and it seems to be fine.. Not a fan of how the windowing works, but I get it.. All the plugs I tried worked in Digital Perfomer 8 64 bit too, except for the RS124, it crashes DP every time.. but the Massey, DSP, and apTrigga works fine.. nice to open up 32 bit projects and have ALMOST everything open up... I've been using the RS124 with the jBridge wrapper in DP as a VST and it works fine, but without backward compatibility.. it is beta, lets hope it gets better. Love to have that RS124 native.. something weird to, on first boot up of the 32 Lives app it shows my UBK-1 64 as Resurrected already without my touching it.. Is that how they did 64 bit?

kelvyn 6th September 2013 09:22 AM

Finally... Time to update to LPX. Good luck!

San01 6th September 2013 01:42 PM

32 Lives (32-bit to 64-bit AU plug-ins adapter

Don't know if it's already been mentioned :

Sound radix is working on a 32-bit to 64-bit AU plug-ins adapter

If i understand correctly, logic x will open older session with 32-bit plugs including parameters and automation

32 Lives

It's in beta, but seems like it could be the most elegant solution to integrate 32-bit plug-ins into Logic X

fastconcept 6th September 2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvyn (Post 9396940)
Finally... Time to update to LPX. Good luck!

If a company like Sound Radix can do it, why was Apple not able to build similar conversion right within it's app?

Great work! kfhkh

duckoff 6th September 2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

If a company like Sound Radix can do it, why was Apple not able to build similar conversion right within it's app?
Er, that's what the 32bit bridge was in LP9....... they just dropped it to persuade people & devs to move on....

fastconcept 6th September 2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckoff (Post 9397359)
Er, that's what the 32bit bridge was in LP9....... they just dropped it to persuade people & devs to move on....

You're right!
Now again there's no need for them developers to rush...

I am curious though if their bridge performs better than Logic's one ;-)

Scardanelli 6th September 2013 02:47 PM

Miroslav Philharmonic works

Just bought this, so far looking very good. I like the option to select only plugins needed. Didn't find J-bridge terribly useful.

OK, Philharmonic works, though GUI is not movable, and each time I open the GUI it moves further down the screen until it disappears!

Using Presonus Studio One Professional 2.6

I'll add instruments and plugins as I test them in Studio One (yes I know I can run in 32bit mode but have created a new "studio only" (no mail, office stuff etc) partition on my Macbook Pro and running everything in 64 bit there)

macmuse 6th September 2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrgkeys (Post 9396551)
Not a fan of how the windowing works, but I get it..

What is the windowing doing? Is there a separate window that pops up (like does JBridge)--is that what you mean?

Scardanelli 6th September 2013 02:55 PM

NI B4II works

works, but same graphic weirdness as above, Philharmonik. This time a bit less troublesome as clicking just outside the GUI brings the Studio One effects/instruments holder into focus then I can move it as normal.

Works great apart from that.
Simon

Scardanelli 6th September 2013 03:05 PM

Slate Trigger crashes

Cannot load this one, came up with a fatal error message first time, then afterwards simply does nothing when trying to load.

macmuse 6th September 2013 03:11 PM

@Nir: all the 32-bit plugins can still be in the components folder? Or does your app rebridge and replace them in that folder? The reason I ask is that in addition to Logic X (which needs the 64-bit) I also may be using a couple other hosts in 32-bit which will be fine, so I don't want to lose the availability of the 32-bit ones. Thanks.

Scardanelli 6th September 2013 03:39 PM

SampleTank and Sampletron FAIL

Sadly, neither of these two will load in Studio One. Probably a S1 issue if they're running in Logic X as I think someone said.

CHANGE: After deleting the 32 bit component, loading Studio One, trying to run Sampletron, which resulted in a crash of Studio One and 32 Lives, I re-instated the 32bit plugin and now Sampletron & Sampletank 2.5XT work. Graphic prob as before, but manageable.

[email protected] 6th September 2013 03:41 PM

The original 32-bit plug-ins are still there in the components folder. We're creating an additional x64 component for each of the 32-bit plug-ins with the same ID as the originals. Logic then knows to load the appropriate component for its state.

Cheers,

-Nir

Dave Polich 6th September 2013 07:15 PM

Bought it and tried it out in Digital Performer 8.04 running in OSX 10.8.4. It does work great, except for the GUI issue - GUI's appear in the lower right corner of my screen, and cannot be dragged/moved. However, in DP there is a
preset management window which appears above the plug-in or VI's GUI when
you launch something converted with 32 lives - and I can click on that and
drag and the GUI will move with it, so this is not a total deal-breaker. I'd like to see this addressed in the full release version, of course.

[email protected] 6th September 2013 09:51 PM

32 Lives version 0.9.1 is up

We've just posted an update to 32 Lives that brings improved compatibility and stability. Most Abbey Road and URS plug-ins should work smoothly now as well as IK's Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonic Synth 2 Amplitube 2 and Ampeg SVX.

Thank you for you feedback and detailed reports, and please keep us posted on your experience.

Cheers,

-Nir

ninox 7th September 2013 01:33 PM

So I'd have to buy it to test if it works with a particular plugin? If it doesn't, do you offer a refund?

kid65 7th September 2013 02:27 PM

URS Fulltech EQ

[[email protected];9398515]We've just posted an update to 32 Lives that brings improved compatibility and stability. Most Abbey Road and URS plug-ins should work smoothly now as well as IK's Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonic Synth 2 Amplitube 2 and Ampeg SVX.

Thank you for you feedback and detailed reports, and please keep us posted on your experience.

Does URS Fulltech EQ work using 32 Lives?
If not, will it soon?
I don't see it in the list..

Kind regards

Kid

Davideo 7th September 2013 03:31 PM

After a few days with this bridge I've noticed some memory problem.
I normally work on 64 buffer but since I use the bridge I need to raise it to 125-256 (sometimes still gets pops and clicks so even raise to 512)

When I use the same plugins with jbridge and ddmf I can work smoothly on 64 buffer.

Did anyone else notice it?

Dave Polich 8th September 2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninox (Post 9399978)
So I'd have to buy it to test if it works with a particular plugin? If it doesn't, do you offer a refund?

The plug-in compatibility chart is clearly posted on Sound Radix website, as
well as the clear statement that this is a beta version and not
an official release. That's what a "beta" version is - use it at your own risk.

Sound Radix isn't guaranteeing that it will work with any plug-ins not listed
in their compatibility chart. Why would you expect a refund if it doesn't work
with a plug-in or VI they didn't test? If I were you I'd just wait for the official
release, which you'll get for free when it is made available.