Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show and Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/work-in-progress-advice-requested-show-and-tell-artist-showcase-mix-offs/)
-   -   Looking for co-producer - help (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/work-in-progress-advice-requested-show-and-tell-artist-showcase-mix-offs/832599-looking-co-producer-help.html)

Octopussy 25th April 2013 08:38 PM

Looking for co-producer - help

Wasn't sure where to post this but I have so much gear and so little time... so.

I would love to find someone to help me put together an LP. 3 or 4 solid good original songs so I can get them mixed well. I am playing, programming and singing on my current project and it's so much harder when you're completely solo and you loose perspective. For years I've tried bands and co-writing etc and I always end up depending on undependable musicians.

I have tons of ideas and have a catalog of songs with lots of potential. I need someone to give me feedback and help me get these ideas to a point I would be proud and want to release them. It would be great to find someone that would engineer and co-produce in person but these days I think a lot can be done remotely. OF course, I would be willing to pay based on qualifications or would be willing to figure something out.

So, if there is anyone on here that likes these tunes and would want to help, that would be awesome.

Additionally, if you have any thoughts or suggestions about finding someone like this, I would love to know. I've moved a lot and searched locally in the places I've lived but have had a hard time finding anyone serious. Am I dreaming? Or are there good people out there willing to work on projects like this?

Here is a link to my SCloud. Two songs are somewhat finished and have a good vibe. The other two are just a live jam of me and a looper improvising. So, I guess my thinking was a couple of songs to show my production side and two others to show the style and vibe I want with no production at all. These are ideas/sketches, if you will...

I very much appreciate it if you've made it this far. I hope to get some good feedback.

I am in Portland Oregon!

Johny

https://soundcloud.com/dclops

onespecial 25th April 2013 09:20 PM

where are you?

Octopussy 25th April 2013 09:46 PM

Thanks for the reminder. kfhkh

Portland, OR

F.M. 25th April 2013 11:43 PM

I'm in Portland. I'm going to give you a listen when I get home. I am actually in the same boat a bit. Working on a solo project. About 13 tracks more or less in shape but I feel myself getting used to the demos and unable to hear with fresh ears. I was thinking about how to get production help myself today so your post is compelling.

brianellefson 26th April 2013 02:18 AM

Copied and pasted from your other thread ...

Tucker Martine comes to mind. He lives in Portland and has a studio in his house. Grammy nominated, too, I think. He'd be ideal for mix down, not entirely sure about producing.

You could always try emailing Kendra at Jackpot! Studios and see if she can recommend someone. I'd start there.

Octopussy 1st May 2013 07:01 PM

brianellefson - thanks so much for the reply and turning me on to Tucker. Reallly cool to know this guy is around. I could definitely see him involved a little further down the line when my ducks are more lined up.

But calling studios and talking to them is a great idea. Thanks for the thought - really helped plant a few more seeds.

Octopussy 1st May 2013 07:02 PM

F.M. Thanks. Did you get a chance to listeN> Again, any thoughts or even constructive criticism would be great whether you're interested or not.

Thanks!

Stroppa 2nd May 2013 11:49 PM

Hey Johny

I like what your doing there. I listen to tracks on gear forums to see what other peeps are doing and don't get most of them, but yours hit a nerve with me. I like the songwriting and vocals. I'm a gear freak so would say that they could use some more programming, producing, tinkering but thats just my opinion, you could probably get them there yourself. I think the question is what do you think the tracks need to make them more rounded professional productions. Myself I used to play in bands years ago and had the same problem as yourself unreliable musicians, hence I turned to computers !!! haha still unreliable.. Have a listen to a track on my soundcloud from a few months ago, I wrote the grooves and gave it to a friend who I used to be in a band with and he provided the vocal, which I then built and produced the track around. Anyhow like your grooves keep it up, maybe we do a collaboration if you like my programming?

Best Regards
Stroppa

Octopussy 16th May 2013 12:21 AM

Stroppa. Thanks for the nice words! Just saw this reply. Man. Id love to try some remote collab. Shoot me a pm!

Stroppa 19th May 2013 10:41 PM

PM sent kfhkh

catawbawine 22nd May 2013 01:23 AM

I'm not anywhere near you, but I gave a listen to your soundcloud really like what you're doing. I've always wanted to co-produce with someone on their own project; I get tired of hearing my own stuff all the time. I think you've got some great ideas! The songwriting is obviously there.

Anyway, I'd love to help in any way I can if you're interested. Whether mixing or providing feedback/suggestions, etc. I'm not looking to make any money; it'd just be really refreshing to work with somebody else. I'd also be happy to do a Postal Service type thing, if you ever want bass/banjo/backingvox etc on any of your tracks!

Anyway, shoot me a PM sometime if this sounds at all interesting to you!