Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   So Much Gear, So Little Time (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/)
-   -   What vocal mic did you use today (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/786425-what-vocal-mic-did-you-use-today.html)

RightOnRome 19th November 2012 11:55 PM

What vocal mic did you use today
 
would love to know

khayree 20th November 2012 12:00 AM

neumann u87 w API 512c PRE amp, 525 Compressor, 550 B 4 band EQ AND a Drawmer dual gate DS 201 XLR in & outs, essential to record vocals without the dog, children, harddrives etc on your mic'd tracks

OneMillionMangos 20th November 2012 12:05 AM

See this post I just wrote on that topic: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-mu...als-today.html

:-)

Svenarne 20th November 2012 12:07 AM

AKG D5!

For a scratch track but it's still a nice little mic. I actually prefer it to the SM7b most of the time!

Unclenny 20th November 2012 12:11 AM

Peluso 22 251

SveinKB 20th November 2012 12:14 AM

C414 XLS > API 3124+
Worked perfectly on Harding Fiddle. (Norwegian fiddle)

SoundHouse 20th November 2012 12:20 AM

Miktek CV4. Fabulous mic.

hasbeen 20th November 2012 12:23 AM

Tried a KM86i for a change.

jmikeperkins 20th November 2012 12:26 AM

1970's Neumann U87 with Innertube Audio U87 tube conversion kit. Set variable pattern control on power supply to cardoid with a bit of omni. Telefunken V376 mic pre.

RightOnRome 20th November 2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unclenny (Post 8461893)
Peluso 22 251

how does it compare to the CV4

RightOnRome 20th November 2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundHouse (Post 8461930)
Miktek CV4. Fabulous mic.

awesome

right now im looking at ;
Miktek CV4
TFunk AR-51 with the new cap

I will be using a TLM103 > Portico 5032 > Apollo tonight

SveinKB 20th November 2012 12:58 AM

I just realized, you asked about vocal mics, and not mics in general. So, never mind my previous post :)

andychamp 20th November 2012 01:02 AM

Brauner Phanthera into Manley Voxbox. Pre, [email protected] & comp (3-5 dB GR) only, no EQ.

PaddyGordon 20th November 2012 02:00 AM

Yesterday I used a Neumann KMS 105 > Focusrite ISA Pre

Delta Mainline - Home to You (Rough) - YouTube

RightOnRome 20th November 2012 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andychamp (Post 8462072)
Brauner Phanthera into Manley Voxbox. Pre, [email protected] & comp (3-5 dB GR) only, no EQ.

cool i havent herd the Brauner Phanthera what can you compare it to

fhames 20th November 2012 04:33 AM

Telefunken AK47>Chandler Ltd TG2> Distressor EL8X>Speck ACS T EQ> Apogee Ensemble

manysounds 20th November 2012 04:35 AM

Sennheiser 906 , o yes

(-->> MA5 --->> UFX... if you MUST know)

guavadude 20th November 2012 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fhames (Post 8462545)
Telefunken AK47>Chandler Ltd TG2> Distressor EL8X>Speck ACS T EQ> Apogee Ensemble

That sounds particularly slutty!
KA

e3p0 20th November 2012 04:41 AM

RE20 ----> ISA One ----> RME Babyface

Not too fancy but ample.
-e

RightOnRome 20th November 2012 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guavadude (Post 8462551)
That sounds particularly slutty!
KA

yes it does ..im really leaning twards buying an TFunk AR-51

betamatt 20th November 2012 04:46 AM

U47 -> 1064

RightOnRome 20th November 2012 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manysounds (Post 8462548)
Sennheiser 906 , o yes

(-->> MA5 --->> UFX... if you MUST know)

for vocals?

fhames 20th November 2012 04:53 AM

Quote:

That sounds particularly slutty!
KA

Ya, Kev. It's the sound of baked chocolate chip cooks. Warm and gooey. Responds well to post EQ.

hobson 20th November 2012 04:53 AM

Vintage U87 > Pacifica > 1176

manysounds 20th November 2012 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RightOnRome (Post 8462584)
for vocals?

You bet your ass for vocals. Nice breathy female singer with just a touch of bitey attitude. Going for a vintage vibe when it's all done. Bonus: She knows how to work the proximity effect.

Only an old short ribbon would've been better, maybe... Inspired by Pink Floyd @ Pompeii, honestly. Gilmore sings into an old 409 for most of that film.

I have an oversized mic locker, I experiment a lot... too much maybe. For example: I've gotten damn near perfect results from MK-012 for vox. Think outside the box a little :)

guavadude 20th November 2012 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fhames (Post 8462595)
Ya, Kev. It's the sound of baked chocolate chip cooks. Warm and gooey. Responds well to post EQ.

I need to come by and we can slut up a shootout!

guavadude 20th November 2012 05:24 AM

In the meantime I'm going to bake some real cookies. They'll make me feel better when I'm using my crappy mics.

RightOnRome 20th November 2012 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manysounds (Post 8462607)
You bet your ass for vocals. Nice breathy female singer with just a touch of bitey attitude. Going for a vintage vibe when it's all done. Bonus: She knows how to work the proximity effect.

Only an old short ribbon would've been better, maybe... Inspired by Pink Floyd @ Pompeii, honestly. Gilmore sings into an old 409 for most of that film.

I have an oversized mic locker, I experiment a lot... too much maybe. For example: I've gotten damn near perfect results from MK-012 for vox. Think outside the box a little :)

RightOn!!!!!!!! thats what this is all about !! glad to hear about experiments!

aleric51 20th November 2012 05:29 AM

miktek cv4 all day everyday

totally awesome vocal mic

travisbrown 20th November 2012 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manysounds (Post 8462548)
Sennheiser 906

Here too. Especially like when tracking vocals while playing acoustic guitar. Been using live too.