Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   FXpansion Maul (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/768212-fxpansion-maul.html)

PascalVB 26th September 2012 06:39 PM

FXpansion Maul
 
FXpansion - Maul

K-Slash 26th September 2012 08:14 PM

This one is a great plug.

Makes wonders on bass and drums with a bit of tweaking.

I'm not really fond of glitch effects, but for those who like that, the modulation department is well featured.

Jeezo 26th September 2012 10:00 PM

Looks promising.....

DSK 26th September 2012 10:06 PM

Looks great. I'm loving Etch over here (there isn't a project without it since I got it).

This Tremor and the compressor bundle are on my list.

FXpansion are doing stuff in a great very personal yet logical and universally applied way !

Solar 26th September 2012 10:20 PM

@DSK

Can't agree more, tried their latest Comp Bundle and spot on, easy to dial & got character as well. This one sure will equal & will be part of the arsenal :) Thumbs up to Fxpansion

wakestyle 26th September 2012 11:33 PM

meh, would rather see far more attention to Giest. It deserve it, too, it's very popular and probably a big cash maker for FX.

So, hopefully this can get put into Giest fx section :).

Jeezo 27th September 2012 01:44 AM

Tremor is highly , higly highly underated ...

i'm even sampling it to us it with mashine to benefit the work flow ....

this new plug seem good , man , the name is .....mmm well i don't know ...

KevWest 27th September 2012 04:37 AM

I am loving this plug in. Downloaded the demo today it is on my to do list. What's so great about Tremor I won't lie it went over my head a little bit. For drum synths I prefer Microtonic over Tremor

PascalVB 27th September 2012 06:58 AM

Just bought it, it is a real bargain for only 55 euro...

Sensorychaos 27th September 2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakestyle (Post 8298479)
meh, would rather see far more attention to Giest. It deserve it, too, it's very popular and probably a big cash maker for FX.

So, hopefully this can get put into Giest fx section :).

They did a survey for a big update....question of patience Geist 2 will be big i'm sure. The survey was really deep and long....so they will do the statistics coming from it and implement users wishes. Thumbs up Fxpansion.

I own all their products except bfd and I use them everyday. :amaze:

Sensorychaos 27th September 2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeezo (Post 8298744)
Tremor is highly , higly highly underated ...

i'm even sampling it to us it with mashine to benefit the work flow ....

this new plug seem good , man , the name is .....mmm well i don't know ...

Same here Jeezo <3

gussyg2007 27th September 2012 10:29 AM

This is a great tool ! The harmonics coming off this are really pleasing
The filtering and the distortion feel well balanced and musical IMO ..prefer this to etch i think

dariva 27th September 2012 12:04 PM

So, can Maul be used on the mix buss as a subtle multiband mix saturation/harmonics generation processor?

Jeezo 27th September 2012 12:30 PM

yep just tried it and it can cause it has that mix /wet stuff;)

Kinda cpu heavy so don't expect to stak it everywhere , the GUI is excellent , so does the sound ....you can even use it as an "eq" o really shape sound and wake them up !!! tried on a kick and the sub bass i was able to have were just crazy !!

Defenitly a plugin to consider for those that like sat/dist /modulation ....the tape emu was quite good too , be sure to , when suing presets , use the wet/dry , this where the fun begins ;)

mayur_FX 27th September 2012 12:45 PM

Thanks for the kind words about Maul - we're glad that people are digging it so much.

Using Maul as an exciter/glue type plugin on the master bus is definitely within its remit - try using the envelope follower to vary the amounts of various parameters depending on input gain. And yes, of course, the Mix control is your friend.

It's a really versatile tool, and opens the door to all kinds of tone sculpting kfhkh

Just to clarify something though - Maul doesn't have a tape algo. Jeezo - perhaps you mean the Tube model?

Jeezo 27th September 2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayur_FX (Post 8299834)
Thanks for the kind words about Maul - we're glad that people are digging it so much.

Using Maul as an exciter/glue type plugin on the master bus is definitely within its remit - try using the envelope follower to vary the amounts of various parameters depending on input gain. And yes, of course, the Mix control is your friend.

It's a really versatile tool, and opens the door to all kinds of tone sculpting kfhkh

Just to clarify something though - Maul doesn't have a tape algo. Jeezo - perhaps you mean the Tube model?


i was talking about a preset / ...lol that is more than usuable !!

mayur_FX 27th September 2012 01:33 PM

Ah yes, there could be a preset that gets into tape-ish territory. I actually didn't check them out yet, as Maul is too much fun to tweak heh

Jeezo 27th September 2012 02:30 PM

Drums - Drum Bus Tape Sat MB = kfhkh

Sensorychaos 27th September 2012 02:54 PM

I'm gonna purchase it for sure.
How does it compare with fabfilter SATURN? :synth:

smoke 27th September 2012 04:29 PM

Wow, this sure fills in some empty blanks... something I knew I needed, but had no idea where to start. Going for the manual!

*sets BB reminder*

cane creek 27th September 2012 04:31 PM

Just been trying the demo on random instruments on old projects and really like what I'm hearing, I've not tried a preset yet just tweaking from default and getting some nice results.

Sick of waiting for Soundtoys to go 64bit ? MAUL is certainly the cure........

danger 27th September 2012 05:50 PM

No time restriction for the demo?

K-Slash 27th September 2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danger (Post 8300588)
No time restriction for the demo?

You have to reload the plugin every 30mins.

DrAudioBot 27th September 2012 06:15 PM

When inserted with no preset, things sound very phasey in multiband mode. Is this correct? If it's due to the band split, I'm wondering. Never heard band splitting so drastically.

synthmagic 27th September 2012 06:34 PM

Love the demo vid. I think I'm going to have to buy this for mangling some beats and tracks I'm working on.
Good price aswell.

smoke 27th September 2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrAudioBot (Post 8300672)
When inserted with no preset, things sound very phasey in multiband mode. Is this correct? If it's due to the band split, I'm wondering. Never heard band splitting so drastically.

That doesn't sound good. What DAW? Is there any oversampling?

DrAudioBot 27th September 2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoke (Post 8300753)
That doesn't sound good. What DAW? Is there any oversampling?

Yep, sounds weird. Just too unneutral as a starting point. Tried in more than one DAW, so doesn't seem like a DAW problem. I have the impression that it's related to the very flexible bands (Q adjustments). Maybe user error? Can't find my mistake ;)

smoke 27th September 2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrAudioBot (Post 8300886)
Yep, sounds weird. Just too unneutral as a starting point. Tried in more than one DAW, so doesn't seem like a DAW problem. I have the impression that it's related to the very flexible bands (Q adjustments). Maybe user error? Can't find my mistake ;)

Well if you just insert it and hear a difference in fidelity there is no mistake. Thst is the test of truth really. Have you tried any simple waveforms?

I'll try the demo.
Anyone else see this?

It looks like a solid Vox Varisaturator friend if that issue is resolved figured.

DrAudioBot 27th September 2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoke (Post 8300924)
Well if you just insert it and hear a difference in fidelity there is no mistake. Thst is the test of truth really. Have you tried any simple waveforms?

I'll try the demo.
Anyone else see this?

It looks like a solid Vox Varisaturator friend if that issue is resolved figured.

No waveform test. I prefer to try tools on music ;)

Dusty Angel 27th September 2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrAudioBot (Post 8300672)
When inserted with no preset, things sound very phasey in multiband mode.



same here: studio one V2