Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   So Much Gear, So Little Time (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/)
-   -   keyboard stands that don't look like crap (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/72629-keyboard-stands-dont-look-like-crap.html)

CDP 31st May 2006 01:13 AM

keyboard stands that don't look like crap
 
Is there anyone who makes wood keyboard stands?

Cosmic Closet 31st May 2006 04:22 AM

...That's actually a lovely idea; I wish someone did....some of the time shiee

I have a Z-shaped black aluminium set of On-Stage stands for my keyboard; lord knows it's solid, but some Brazilian rosewood sure would add a nice touch.
In this era, however, until someone comes up with good-looking, re-harvestable wood for the forseeable future, it's going to be aluminum for me, much as I love old pianos with ivory keys...and I know no matter what I choose, I will pollute, but hey...you can only try.

Best,
CC.

Slipperman 31st May 2006 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDP
Is there anyone who makes wood keyboard stands?

Try a Hammond B3.

Best goddamn place to put yer E7 clav.

Then ya stack the Minimoog on that.

Ya put the 2 Mellotron MarkIV's between the 7' Steinway(with the other mini and the solina side by side on top) and the Polyfusion modular.

Or Moog system 55.

Feel free to substitute System 55 for the Polyfusion.

Your choice.












Any rock keyboardist that can move his **** in less than 14' stepvan is a poser.

HOHOHO.

SM.

Musiclab 31st May 2006 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipperman
Try a Hammond B3.

Best goddamn place to put yer E7 clav.

Then ya stack the Minimoog on that.

Ya put the 2 Mellotron MarkIV's between the 7' Steinway(with the other mini and the solina side by side on top) and the Polyfusion modular.

Or Moog system 55.

Feel free to substitute System 55 for the Polyfusion.

Your choice.












Any rock keyboardist that can move his **** in less than 14' stepvan is a poser.

HOHOHO.

SM.

Don't forget to put your cape on before going any where near those keyboards

max cooper 31st May 2006 09:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Musiclab
Don't forget to put your cape on before going any where near those keyboards

ta-daa!

Slipperman 31st May 2006 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musiclab
Don't forget to put your cape on before going any where near those keyboards

But... of course.

Might as well forget your glove at first base.

Even Liberace knew about the cape thing.

He never did get the whole "roll around the floor under the C3, playing it upside down whilst stabbing it with scuba knives" thing.

Which is Keyboards 101.

Some folks have no appreciation of tradition.

Makes ya wonder.

SM.

max cooper 31st May 2006 11:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by slipperman

He never did get the whole "roll around the floor under the C3, playing it upside down whilst stabbing it with scuba knives" thing.

He was busy with the chauffeur.