Gearspace

Gearspace (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   High End (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/)
-   -   Experiences with Vintage Design SU1? (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/72592-experiences-vintage-design-su1.html)

Cojo 30th May 2006 08:34 PM

Experiences with Vintage Design SU1?
 
Hi.

Is there anyone familiare with Vintage Design, and especially their summing unit SU1? I'm not really interested in if it sounds like a Neve or an Api or any other brand, but I would be interested in the sound in general (ie. warm/cold, fat/thin, clean/colored, etc)? Also if it is at all usable or just crap?

Any and all info would be of great interest kfhkh

/Cojo

C/G 30th May 2006 11:23 PM

Never heard of this stuff but it looks simple with a no-frills thing going on. I'm guessing by the Neve-esque knobs they are going for a Neve-esque sound? It looks nice, but we all know how looks work in summing box threads. I'm curious too, actually, because I am looking at two summing boxes right now. Price?

Cojo 31st May 2006 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin Gaucher
I'm curious too, actually, because I am looking at two summing boxes right now. Price?

I think it's just under 2k.

/Cojo

Cojo 31st May 2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Labs
Since you are in sweden, you should shoot Thomas a mail. I am sure he would let you give it a listen yourself.

Havent heard the summing box, but the pre and his compressor are excellent.

Gustav

Thanks Labs, sounds promising!

The SU1 is at this point actually not for myself but for a friend (you know who diddlydoo ) and I found a SU1 second hand here in sweden for him to check out. I'm sure he reads this thread but in case he don't I'll pass the info to him! kfhkh

/Cojo

Isle of Weight 26th August 2006 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cojo (Post 740814)
Thanks Labs, sounds promising!

The SU1 is at this point actually not for myself but for a friend (you know who diddlydoo ) and I found a SU1 second hand here in sweden for him to check out. I'm sure he reads this thread but in case he don't I'll pass the info to him! kfhkh

/Cojo


HI Cojo,
how did your friend feel about the SU1, any feedback?
thanks
AA.

Cojo 26th August 2006 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Weight (Post 853374)
HI Cojo,
how did your friend feel about the SU1, any feedback?
thanks
AA.

Hi.

To make a long story short... He didn't bought it, he stuck with his original plan and bought the Nicerizer instead. kfhkh

/Cojo

computa 13th November 2008 07:24 PM

SU2
 
SU1 is no longer produced and will soon be replaced by the all new SU2.
SU2 will have some new features like separate monitoroutput with a dedicated levelcontrol, it will also have a serial insert after the outputstage

wonder if it will be same price. was thinking about getting an su-1