Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   So Much Gear, So Little Time (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/)
-   -   Fully variable shelf<>peak EQ? (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/684852-fully-variable-shelf-lt-gt-peak-eq.html)

-tc- 5th January 2012 04:44 PM

Fully variable shelf<>peak EQ?

Does anyone know of a software EQ that is fully variable between peak and shelving filters?

Like the UnderTone Audio console eq ... seems so well designed; I'm yearning for that kind of simple flexibility :)

-tc- 7th January 2012 02:59 PM

bump

Is really nothing else like this? Could be an opportunity for someone gooof

NeoHippy 7th January 2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timlloyd (Post 7402417)
Does anyone know of a software EQ that is fully variable between peak and shelving filters?

Like the UnderTone Audio console eq ... seems so well designed; I'm yearning for that kind of simple flexibility :)

do you mean a hardware EQ?

software: H-Eq from Waves...

-tc- 7th January 2012 05:38 PM

Yeah I'm interested in a plugin atm, the UTA MPEQ-1 isn't available yet.

H-EQ can't do it as far as I can tell from the manual. I may demo it.

Here's what I mean ... video 1

Workflow looks excellent - why do with 2 or 3 bands what it's possible to do with 1? Someone needs to use this for inspiration ... :)

NeoHippy 7th January 2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timlloyd (Post 7410974)

Workflow looks excellent - why do with 2 or 3 bands what it's possible to do with 1? Someone needs to use this for inspiration ... :)

ok, sorry missunderstood you....

no clue then...sorry ;)

robinbjerke 14th February 2012 08:30 AM

Just watched the vids on the MPEQ-1. This thing is sick! I agree that its weird that no one has picked up on this kind of functionality before. The Waves REQ series has very nice control over the undershoot and overshoot of their shelves, but still only a shelf :P

I cant wait to get a chance to play around with these EQ's, gonna try to emulate an EQP-1a kind of thing by boosting and cutting at the same frequencies to see what kinds of sounds you'll get :P

If I ever get the opportunity of course.

bee 5th March 2012 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timlloyd (Post 7410974)

If I remember correctly, Eric did mention that they would eventually do a plugin EQ. I really hope he does.kfhkh

Aisle 6 5th March 2012 10:19 AM

That EQ is crazy. I do not know of any software EQ's like it. The Lake processor can do some similarly crazy EQ curves, but a combined shelf/bell is cool.