Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   So Much Gear, So Little Time (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/)
-   -   Bass - How low can you go? (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/6830-bass-how-low-can-you-go.html)

David R. 10th September 2003 10:17 PM

Bass - How low can you go?

How about 57 octaves below middle C?

I got your Bb right here...

A black hole for a subwoofer? cooge

e-cue 10th September 2003 11:06 PM

looks like a crusty butthole...

probably sounds like one too....

David R. 11th September 2003 12:19 AM

Quote:

In musical terms, the pitch of the sound generated by the black hole translates into the note of B flat. But, a human would have no chance of hearing this cosmic performance, because the note is 57 octaves lower than middle-C (by comparison a typical piano contains only about seven octaves). At a frequency over a million, billion times deeper than the limits of human hearing, this is the deepest note ever detected from an object in the universe.

On my 5 string, I can hit a low B. diddlydoo

alphajerk 11th September 2003 01:17 AM

i dunno, what a brother know?

ExistanceMusic 11th September 2003 03:46 AM

Very Very Cool. I wonder if it would be possible to pitch it up to the realms of human hearing, so we could hear it in some way....

alphajerk 11th September 2003 04:16 AM

just sample it at a lower rate and upsample... or timestretch it. bring 2.5 billion years down to a minute. wonder what sample rate you could use for 1.2212453270876721944659948348999e-14hz

i read this article in some magazine where they are recording trees "talking" and they speeded it up to hear it...i think it was like @ 5hz or some ****. it was for some movie i think, lucasarts? maybe... maybe someone else knows here.

alphajerk 11th September 2003 04:18 AM

"For years astronomers have tried to understand why there is so much hot gas in galaxy clusters and so little cool gas. Hot gas glowing with X-rays should cool, and the dense central gas should cool the fastest. The pressure in this cool central gas should then fall, causing gas further out to sink in towards the galaxy, forming trillions of stars along the way. "

sounds like a big ole space fart. dammit god, point that out the door.

heinz 11th September 2003 06:07 AM

B flat... .... B... flat...THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!

I have found my special purpose!!! stike

Brandon Nothing 11th September 2003 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by alphajerk

i read this article in some magazine where they are recording trees "talking" and they speeded it up to hear it...i think it was like @ 5hz or some ****. it was for some movie i think, lucasarts? maybe... maybe someone else knows here.

Lord of the Rings maybe? They had talking trees in the second one.

alphajerk 11th September 2003 06:52 AM

maybe. i dont remember. it was OF the trees "talking", making noises that werent wind related. it had to do with its food source and how a certain animal locates there it is by this very low pop in the sap pockets or some ****.

David R. 11th September 2003 05:36 PM

AJ, I remember reading/watching something like that.

Someone is buisy pitching the black hole sound up, there has got to be. So who will be the first to use it in a composition? Also, if it is flat or sharp, would you tune the universe to our tuning standard or the other way around?

The velocity of the spinning should be related to the mass, so there could be a bigger black hole out there farting a lower pitch.

Toooot!

BevvyB 11th September 2003 06:13 PM

Get six black holes, throw more matter into each one at varying intervals thus tuning them to EADGBE, stretch them across time and space and PLAY that cosmic guitar using six supernovae as pickups thus giving a performance to the anti-universe on the other side.

I just hope they've got a Vipre using pulsars for valves and a Royer 121 with dark-matter ribbons on the other side.

With the headroom the big bang has allowed I think it would DEFINATELY go up to 11.

Just mind out for feedback.