Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/)
-   -   Defective Records Klee sequencer software (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/647995-defective-records-klee-sequencer-software.html)

blinky909 13th September 2011 01:42 AM

Defective Records Klee sequencer software
 
everyone should get themselves a demo copy of the Klee sequencer software from Defective Records. i was looking for something to emulate an ARP sequencer, and wow, this does that plus a bunch more.

very inspiring software. with my PC 1600x running the faders, wow. right on Danny!

Morechips 13th September 2011 02:48 AM

You have a PC1600x as well! I paid way too much for one of those before the market was awash with midi controllers...at least its a nice solid bit of kit.

Re the Klee - I was wondering about that software...might be a nice stop gap between now and when i finally populate my Klee PCBs and build the rest of the monsta!

Scott Stites....what a dude!! Check out some of his audio demos of his Klee and other bits of DIY analogue drums and modular synths.

blinky909 13th September 2011 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morechips (Post 7025692)
You have a PC1600x as well! I paid way too much for one of those before the market was awash with midi controllers...at least its a nice solid bit of kit.

Re the Klee - I was wondering about that software...might be a nice stop gap between now and when i finally populate my Klee PCBs and build the rest of the monsta!

got the 1600x on the eBay for around $100 (came with other stuff) so i figure it's a solid bit of kit for the price.

i had thought about building up two Klee's but to be honest, the software really kicks it in the butt in terms of really way out there coolness. of course hardware is hardware and not being lashed to the computer is dandy.

i was thinking a Klee for both the 202 and Pro One should do me right kfhkh

Morechips 13th September 2011 02:20 PM

I am gonna check out the demo now.

Your 202 is modded to bypass the seq when using external cv/gate? and you have a Pro One!! grrrrrrrrr you have too many great synths and drum machines!

blinky909 13th September 2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morechips (Post 7027013)
I am gonna check out the demo now.

Your 202 is modded to bypass the seq when using external cv/gate? and you have a Pro One!! grrrrrrrrr you have too many great synths and drum machines!

yes, you can bypass the CPU to drive the synth engine directly with a cut trace, a DPDT toggle switch, and two jacks. i'm trying to source two switching 3.5mm PCB mount jacks so i don't have to drill holes in my 202 - the jacks will replace the factory ones. if you simply cut the trace, you can not program the internal sequencer so you need a switch to enable/disable the bypass.

i was thinking of building up an x0xbox without the synth engine, just the sequencer to drive the 202, complete with accent. then i started to think about the Klee and it's feature set - it can go well beyond what the x0xbox sequencer can and with a more complex synth engine in the 202, it could be a ton of fun :)

blinky909 13th September 2011 06:23 PM

i so badly want this as a piece of hardware with the added features. damn this is fun and inspiring. wait, did i say software was inspiring?

Morechips 13th September 2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinky909 (Post 7027028)
i was thinking of building up an x0xbox without the synth engine, just the sequencer to drive the 202, complete with accent. then i started to think about the Klee and it's feature set - it can go well beyond what the x0xbox sequencer can and with a more complex synth engine in the 202, it could be a ton of fun :)

I had exactly the same thought, xoxbox sequencer for driving any cv/gate kit....but especially my sh101. I got the idea after trying the 101 driven by an FR Revolution....sounded so much better than the revo's synth engine!

The only thing about the klee is no glides...unless i am mising something? and the xoxbox seq would surely be an easier build? I am not quite at the skill level for the klee build yet!

Have you seen this guy's MC202 resources? scroll down the page for a bunch of schematics for various mods.

Din Sync: MC-202

blinky909 13th September 2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morechips (Post 7028017)
Have you seen this guy's MC202 resources? scroll down the page for a bunch of schematics for various mods.

Din Sync: MC-202

i have modded a few 202's in my time kfhkh

until i start building up a modular, this one will stay minty fresh.

blinky909 13th September 2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morechips (Post 7028017)
The only thing about the klee is no glides...unless i am mising something?

you missed this:

http://electro-music.com/forum/phpbb...lee_ab_424.png

Morechips 13th September 2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinky909 (Post 7028021)
i have modded a few 202's in my time kfhkh

until i start building up a modular, this one will stay minty fresh.

great!! I know who to come to when I start to mod mine.

If you decide to dive in on the Klee build let me know!

blinky909 14th September 2011 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morechips (Post 7028751)
great!! I know who to come to when I start to mod mine.

If you decide to dive in on the Klee build let me know!

i'm actually looking to see if there will be another parts kit in the offering, if so, i'll grab up two of them. i have a spot right over <----- there where my modular will live and it will need some sequencers as well. heh

GAS is dangerous.

Acid Hazard 14th September 2011 07:36 AM

I use the Max4Live version of this.

rookas 14th September 2011 07:53 AM

what do you mean.. it was created in max..

Acid Hazard 14th September 2011 07:57 AM

Never mind, i got the Klee mixed up with his M-185 Sequencer. This is the M4L version i use: http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=75

Acid Mitch 14th September 2011 08:34 AM

Hey Blinky - If you like the Klee you'll love the P3/ Cirklon.
Klee seems cool but it does a mere fraction of what the Sequentix stuff can do.

blinky909 14th September 2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acid Mitch (Post 7030028)
Hey Blinky - If you like the Klee you'll love the P3/ Cirklon.
Klee seems cool but it does a mere fraction of what the Sequentix stuff can do.

um, i'm sure the Cirklon is great and all, but to be honest, $1900.00 for a sequencer or $40.00 (software) or $150.00 (hardware) is much better on my wallet and marriage. plus, it's all about the interface. a row of 16 sliders/knobs and a groove was born.

disco judas 7th September 2015 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinky909 (Post 7030394)
um, i'm sure the Cirklon is great and all, but to be honest, $1900.00 for a sequencer or $40.00 (software) or $150.00 (hardware) is much better on my wallet and marriage. plus, it's all about the interface. a row of 16 sliders/knobs and a groove was born.


150 for the hardware?

Ive seen them used for ten times that's price...

blinky909 8th September 2015 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disco judas (Post 11316174)
150 for the hardware?

Ive seen them used for ten times that's price...

http://synthcube.com/cart/index.php?...product_id=148