Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   So Much Gear, So Little Time (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/)
-   -   SHE IS GOING TO KNOW THAT THE PACIFICA IS NEW (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/63266-she-going-know-pacifica-new.html)

Yetti 16th March 2006 04:39 AM

SHE IS GOING TO KNOW THAT THE PACIFICA IS NEW

So I just got the new Pacifica today, and I am taking a break from my wiring into the patchbay right now.
I didn't tell her that I just spent $1725 for this, I have 2 = 5' tall racks full of mostly black faced rack gear.....but she will know that this one is new...
It stands out like an orange juice carton with a BLINDINGLY bright blue power light. If she asks I will have to tell her, but I am NOT sorry at all!
She was asking me the other day if there was a gearslutz wife's site?
I hope not, and I hope she dosn't read this either.
I did however tell her about the $300 I just spent sending my Studio Technologies mic pre to Jim Williams at Audio Upgrades for mods, but the Pacifica isn't going to go over too well.
So what, I am proud to be a Gearslut!!!

Drifter 16th March 2006 04:52 AM

What the hell, you gota die from something. gooof

djui5 16th March 2006 04:53 AM

http://www.thebrokewivesclub.com

True North 16th March 2006 05:02 AM

Hey

Good luck with that situation of yours. If you have a black sharpie kicking around anywhere that might do the trick as well !! heh

Dot 16th March 2006 05:07 AM

I've had hundreds of products in my studio over the last few years.

My wife noticed the Pacificia. And she's not the type that notices or gives a **** about gear.

Actually said it was the coolest piece of gear she'd ever seen.

AdamJay 16th March 2006 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dot
Actually said it was the coolest piece of gear she'd ever seen.

.....and coincidentally was in the mood for Burger King that night for dinner anyways....

heh heh heh heh

Yetti,
my only advice is put it in a rackspace closest to the ground, thus - farthest from the eyes.

good luck!

sounddevisor 16th March 2006 05:45 AM

Buy flowers. Lots of big, colorful, expensive flowers. freshflowe

Then use them to hide the Pacifica.

With luck, she will be so into the flowers, she won't notice the gear.

With even more luck, you may get a "reward." kfhkh

James Lugo 16th March 2006 05:52 AM

A gearslutz wife site would do to obsessive gear buying what Al-Anon does to a drunks drinking.dfegad

Jules 16th March 2006 06:03 AM

My old man was a car nut (old Porsches) he had a few and actually turned fixing them up personally into a small business for himself. But he had some rich friends into it DEEP. Some of them were 'limited' by their wives to say, 13 cars and "thats it - NO MORE!".. then they covertly expanded thier collections with the SECRET cars..stashed in the SECRET garages....gooof They had it BAD!freshflowe

TonyBelmont 16th March 2006 07:15 AM

You better get a can of spray paint real quick!heh

darkwater 16th March 2006 07:17 AM

once she hears it, she'll understand.

FFTT 16th March 2006 07:25 AM

You'll be fine until she goes shopping shiee

Syki 16th March 2006 02:58 PM

Drop me a line at "WWW. Hide it Like A Mo Fo"

I sell plastic 1 space and 2 space face plates , disguised as utility drawers.
Good for everything except the new Shadow Hills compressor thinamajiggooof

WidgetNinja 16th March 2006 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yetti
I did however tell her about the $300 I just spent sending my Studio Technologies mic pre to Jim Williams at Audio Upgrades for mods

Could you tell me more about this? The why, the what, the end result anticipated/experienced?

And on a lighter note, this reminded me of an e-mail from my dad..

A store that sells new husbands has just opened in New York City, where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates. You may visit the store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch: you may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband.
On the first floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 - These men have jobs.
The second floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men have jobs and love kids.
The third floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love kids, and are extremely good looking. "Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads: Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead good looking and help with the housework. "Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!"

Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads: Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads: Floor 6 - You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please.

Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.

A new wives store opened across the street. The first floor has wives that love sex. The second floor has wives that love sex and have money. The third through sixth floors have never been visited.

lucey 16th March 2006 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules
Some of them were 'limited' by their wives to say, 13 cars and "thats it - NO MORE!".. then they covertly expanded thier collections with the SECRET cars..stashed in the SECRET garages....gooof They had it BAD!freshflowe

then I'm in real trouble ... both cars and gear hittt

http://www.magicgardenmastering.com/images/968-1.JPG

Doublehelix 16th March 2006 04:50 PM

"What? This ol' thing??? I've had it for ages!!!"

Keep practicing that line...works for me (most of the time!)

tommymakestapes 16th March 2006 05:05 PM

My girl kicks me in the teeth everytime i buy a new plug in let alone any rack gear. Consider yourself lucky. (and not toothless)

No teeth? No Regrets.hittt

Snatchman 16th March 2006 05:13 PM

You could always tell her " Oh, yeah, Jim Williams sent these back with the pre he modded for me . You know, the one I told you about! Jim said he wanted me to compare the difference between the modded pre and the Pacifica. And if the modded pre didn't sound as good as the Pacifica, I could just keep it....!".....heh

Tibbon 16th March 2006 05:22 PM

I find that the more I talk about gear, the less interested my girl gets. If I try to show her something new and cool that I got, it's an even better reason for her not to pay attention. Put it right up front and she'll never notice it!

CorkyTart 16th March 2006 05:30 PM

I'm tired of bitch ass hoes getting their nose into guys music. I dont care if its gear related or band related. I can understand chicks getting pissed off you're married and racking up the card and going into debt if you're not using it as a business expense to make money. However, I've seen many pissed of chicks in music stores scowling as the guy buys some gear and I've heard even more chicks flat out ask guys to quit music.

So here is the question:

What the hell did you think I did when we met?

P.S. I dont have this problem, I figured I'd clarify that.

not_so_new 16th March 2006 05:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by WidgetNinja
Could you tell me more about this? The why, the what, the end result anticipated/experienced?

And on a lighter note, this reminded me of an e-mail from my dad..

A store that sells new husbands has just opened in New York City, where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates. You may visit the store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch: you may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband.
On the first floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 - These men have jobs.
The second floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men have jobs and love kids.
The third floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love kids, and are extremely good looking. "Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads: Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead good looking and help with the housework. "Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!"

Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads: Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads: Floor 6 - You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please.

Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.

A new wives store opened across the street. The first floor has wives that love sex. The second floor has wives that love sex and have money. The third through sixth floors have never been visited.

kfhkh
I was tempted to send this on to my woman.... but then I realized how incredibly stupid that idea was and decided to send her a link to some pictures of cute furry puppies instead.... wheeew, that was a close one...

not_so_new 16th March 2006 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorkyTart
I'm tired of bitch ass hoes getting their nose into guys music. I dont care if its gear related or band related. I can understand chicks getting pissed off you're married and racking up the card and going into debt if you're not using it as a business expense to make money. However, I've seen many pissed of chicks in music stores scowling as the guy buys some gear and I've heard even more chicks flat out ask guys to quit music.

So here is the question:

What the hell did you think I did when we met?

P.S. I dont have this problem, I figured I'd clarify that.

That's funny, somehow I am not surprised....

howdy

Jim Williams 16th March 2006 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snatchman
You could always tell her " Oh, yeah, Jim Williams sent these back with the pre he modded for me . You know, the one I told you about! Jim said he wanted me to compare the difference between the modded pre and the Pacifica. And if the modded pre didn't sound as good as the Pacifica, I could just keep it....!".....heh

Yea, great. Just what I need, more pissed off women after me. Please don't tell them where I live.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades

Jules 16th March 2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not_so_new
kfhkh
I was tempted to send this on to my woman.... but then I realized how incredibly stupid that idea was and decided to send her a link to some pictures of cute furry puppies instead.... wheeew, that was a close one...

Good god man! You could have messed it up for all of us! wworried

everybody's x 16th March 2006 05:54 PM

Try this, "Oh that band I recorded last week left that here"

60% of the time it works every time

lucey 16th March 2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by everybody's x
60% of the time it works every time

oh yea

The True Buck 16th March 2006 06:01 PM

I use the old "it's tax deductable plus I'll get the VAT back which I'd have to pay otherwise" and after a few rounds I have her believe that we would actually have lost money if it wasn't for my clever investment skills!heh

feyshay 16th March 2006 06:05 PM

I've had very little resistance from my wife despite a large consumption. I have done some sneaking. I have become a slut, I guess. When I got a Fireburst pedal, there was suddenly this bright red pedal there.
I've said before--that's the last thing I'll get for awhile, and then something else will come along.
Really, though, I only need one really good mic, a really good preamp, and then maybe just a compressor. That's all. That'll be it. I promise. She keeps talking to me about the children and mutual funds, etc. Slutty...

TEMAS 16th March 2006 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkwater
once she hears it, she'll understand.

heh heh hillarious!!

I usually say, 'but aren't those shoes you just bought the same as the other ones you've got?'

I've got a Gama 8 coming - how am I gonna hide that?! Actually, I showed her a picture and she agreed it was beautiful.

not_so_new 16th March 2006 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules
Good god man! You could have messed it up for all of us! wworried

LOL...

Oh and for the record........ the puppies went over swimmingly. Guys keep that in your bag of tricks.