Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   So Much Gear, So Little Time (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/)
-   -   Fender sluts.. a little help.. (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/63194-fender-sluts-little-help.html)

drmmrboy 15th March 2006 08:13 PM

Fender sluts.. a little help..

1 Attachment(s)
If your a Fender guy, then you know what this picture is. Question is, how do I get it back on/together? All 3 hinges are off of this case, and it's not fun to close. hjghfgg

Do I need to pull the pin, bend the claw/hooks, set up both sides, and slip the pin back in? This seems to make sense to me, but, whadda I know..?? wworried

Doublehelix 15th March 2006 08:22 PM

I got one of those SKB-Like Fender cases on my Strat when I bought it...same thing, it never really worked well.

I would suggest that you just junk the danged thing and go and buy something decent. I am amazed at how poorly-designed my Fender case is.

drmmrboy 15th March 2006 08:36 PM

I should say, that I thought about a new case, but the guit doesn't really go anywhere. (case has been like this for years) I'm taking it to the stujo, and leaving it there. I just want it to shut somewhat properly, so it can come in and out of a closet when needed, and protect the guitar.

Drifter 15th March 2006 08:41 PM

Man I don't even have a hard case. All I have is a gig bag. :-(

Oh yeah my first post. jkthtyrt

mrface2112 15th March 2006 09:11 PM

i've got two fender cases just like that--one for my tele, the other for my bass, and they both have done that very thing.

sure you can bend the pins and try to get it to sit back in there.....but ultimately, how long will it last?

those fender cases are pieces of crap. you'd be far better served by tossing it and getting a new one. otherwise, i'd suggest some duct tape. :-D

cheers,
wade

hillbilly 15th March 2006 10:16 PM

What do you mean? Real Fender cases are tweed or brown Tolex.

mltamisin 15th March 2006 10:25 PM

Yup, time for a new case. Mine also did the same thing.

bluesman714 15th March 2006 11:26 PM

You can get it repaired at a luggage repair place.......I didn't even know these things existed, but they do & are usually pretty reasonable.

T9c 15th March 2006 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly
What do you mean? Real Fender cases are tweed or brown Tolex.

uh huh...I know dat's right!kfhkh

drmmrboy 15th March 2006 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrface2112
those fender cases are pieces of crap. you'd be far better served by tossing it and getting a new one. otherwise, i'd suggest some duct tape. :-D

Funny! I had a guitar player do just that. After each gig, he'd wrap his case w/ duct tape, and away it went until the next night. He would repeat this every night! mezed

GearHunter 15th March 2006 11:39 PM

My 1976 Fender case is still going strong, but the ones they've been making the past few years are crap.

Get a Coffin Case or something!

2leod 15th March 2006 11:48 PM

I see a trend here...

Mine's got the three of the feets' busted off so it don't stand too good, and one of the latches MIA. Gaffer's tape, the musician's best friend. I've got an old 50's case that's in better shape, other than some flood damage (axe wasn't in it) and that the guitar rattles around like a bumper car inside. Those cases are not what you'd call road worthy. Time for a good one.cooge