Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Low End Theory (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/low-end-theory/)
-   -   My First Instrumental Mix!!! (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/low-end-theory/527855-my-first-instrumental-mix.html)

Seventh Knight 8th September 2010 04:54 AM

My First Instrumental Mix!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Whus Happening, GS!

Here's a first mix that I put together. It's a Jazzy Hip Hop mix with no vocals. The title is just a "made up" title meant to describe the song a little. It's still a work in progress so I need all the help I can get to make it sound great!!! Any advice is appreciated!

Oh..the recording specs: Composed in FL Studio 5 and bounced into Cubase SX for mixing and editing. 24 bit recording using various loops (I don't play instruments but I feel I have the heart of a musician), 44 kHz. No compression. Used a tube plugin and used the Free G Stereo Plugin to check RMS and Peak Levels on the master bus. On the individual busses, each track I used an eq plugin (blue tubes) on the pre-set "bright" to brighten up each track and used a stereo plugin to widen the sound. All track are stereo (all stereo loops). No dithering. Coverted from wav to MP3 128K for GS.

Thanks

Seventh

Seventh Knight 8th September 2010 01:57 PM

Bump...

mojojojo 8th September 2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seventh Knight (Post 5766399)
Bump...

i think it sounds awesome - no constructive feedback but I can imagine skating to this.

rad job.

Seventh Knight 8th September 2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojojojo (Post 5766417)
i think it sounds awesome - no constructive feedback but I can imagine skating to this.

rad job.

Thanks, Mayne!

Seventh

BurnStudios 8th September 2010 02:26 PM

Nice reminds me of Erick B and Rakim -Dont Sweat the technique

Gdupproductions 8th September 2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurnStudios (Post 5766491)

Yeah i can deff hear some old school stuff on this.I whas even mumbling myself to the beat hahahah

Seventh Knight 8th September 2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurnStudios (Post 5766491)

Yeah, when I first listened to the bassline loop I was thinking the same thing myself!!

Seventh

Seventh Knight 8th September 2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gdupproductions (Post 5766574)
Yeah i can deff hear some old school stuff on this.I whas even mumbling myself to the beat hahahah

Yessir for real!!

Seventh

Seventh Knight 8th September 2010 06:29 PM

Thanks for the feedback! Is there anything I need to do (from an engineering standpoint) further should I want to go get it mastered? What I'm doing right now is kind of "starting over" as far as my skills are concerned by getting the music right, getting the vocals right, and then getting the entire mix right (music and vocals). I don't plan on putting any vocals on this song but I working on bettering (if that's a word) my mixing skills. I know each song calls for different techniques but I'm working to understand at the very least the basics on how to make a mix sound warm with clarity and translate well on all systems. I'm working on my hip hop album but this was a "side trip" if you will to learn how to mix better.

Thanks

Seventh

Seventh Knight 10th September 2010 03:46 PM

Just bumpin this up for more input...not to be a pain! I'm really working on crafting my mixes!!

Thanks

Seventh