Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   Altiverb 7 preview... (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/457675-altiverb-7-preview.html)

gsilbers 17th January 2010 06:22 AM

Altiverb 7 preview...

saw it at namm..

mainly operational updates and new IRs.

Stiff 17th January 2010 06:43 AM

I think it looks pretty cool...

HABBER 17th January 2010 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsilbers (Post 4998845)
saw it at namm..

mainly operational updates and new IRs.

So you want to elaborate? Or were you just thinking it might be cool to post a thread?

You saw what? that was worthy of me or anybody else clicking on this.

Stiff 17th January 2010 06:45 AM

Hm... The link won't embed properly here. Could be my ****ty internet connection but anyway, here's the video link:

YouTube - Audio Ease NAMM 2010

Stiff 17th January 2010 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABBER (Post 4998884)
So you want to elaborate? Or were you just thinking it might be cool to post a thread?

You saw what? that was worthy of me or anybody else clicking on this.

Check the video I posted. y thoughts are on the blog as usual:

ProToolerBlog → Post ยป Audio Ease Altiverb 7 NAMM sneak peak

I think it looks like a nice update.

matt thomas 17th January 2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiff (Post 4998886)
Hm... The link won't embed properly here.

You have to use the embed code found on the video's youtube page. Not just the page name.

matt

matt thomas 17th January 2010 10:44 AM

It looks like some nice new features.

BTW. what happened to Arjen's accent? Its totally different. (Maybe its just when he talks loud on the showroom floor.)

matt

blaugruen7 17th January 2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt thomas (Post 4999196)
BTW. what happened to Arjen's accent? Its totally different. (Maybe its just when he talks loud on the showroom floor.)

matt

i think he used the brandnew USA/NETHERLAND ACCENT impulse response from altiverb 7.

spicemix 17th January 2010 11:21 AM

Looks great kfhkh

jamwerks 17th January 2010 12:53 PM

Looks like some interesting new features!

clonewar 17th January 2010 06:13 PM

Looks nice.. It will be interesting to hear what the Bright (Sizzle) knob adds to the sound.

And the ability to drag an audio clip from your project onto the interface, have Altiverb create an IR from the clip, and then use the Similar button to suggest a similar IR in their library is a very cool idea!

Silver Sonya 17th January 2010 06:16 PM

These guys are just really, really cool guys.

I have always liked them.

Good people usually make good stuff, in my experience.

- c

Animus 17th January 2010 06:42 PM

Did they add modulation? Surely they did. The cheap Reverberate has modulation.

jamwerks 17th January 2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animus (Post 4999966)
Did they add modulation? Surely they did. The cheap Reverberate has modulation.

I watched the video and he didn't say anything about modulation.

I have the impression that those who want modulation use algorythemic verbs and not convolution.

Airon 17th January 2010 07:13 PM

Nice design improvements. Looking forward to this.

T_R_S 17th January 2010 08:54 PM

Find Similar and TDM Chip control within the PI look pretty cool.
Hopefully upgrade pricing will be OK.

Dr Gruv 17th January 2010 09:06 PM

They are good guys...

I just don't use it much anymore (for me)

maky357 17th January 2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamwerks (Post 5000050)
I watched the video and he didn't say anything about modulation.

I have the impression that those who want modulation use algorythemic verbs and not convolution.

?? Yes he did. He called it "sizzle" and from this video it is clear that Altiverb is becoming convolution+algo hybrid which is quite nice.

Whitecat 17th January 2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maky357 (Post 5000449)
?? Yes he did. He called it "sizzle" and from this video it is clear that Altiverb is becoming convolution+algo hybrid which is quite nice.

kinda like Virsyn's REFLECT?

jamwerks 17th January 2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

So the sizzle (algorthymic tall) feature will have (or is) modulation?

Tippex 18th January 2010 10:46 AM

Sizzle is one thing and Modulation is something quite different - it is easier to implement, so it would be a big mistake to omit this on 7...

Dr Gruv 18th January 2010 07:10 PM

pm me for these - btw, they are great guys - i'm just not using these plugs much

speakerphone 2 - altiverb 6 = $1000 plus ilok transfer fees

-mr. d

6strings 18th January 2010 07:17 PM

Looks cool, especially the "clapper" IR feature. ....

I love these guys (and use Altiverb myself), but to survive beyond post-production past 2010, they really need a business model paradigm shift. Think IR creation app, IR library sales, etc. Otherwise, look for them to keep jacking Altiverb prices up until they are bought out or eventually go out of biz. (either of which I would hate to see)

Logic, Cubase, DP all show that including a good IR reverb is the new standard. Audioease will drown trying to keep ahead of the competition. Time for a major change. And simply looking towards Digidesign isn't the answer.

Siem 19th January 2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tippex (Post 5002365)
Sizzle is one thing and Modulation is something quite different - it is easier to implement, so it would be a big mistake to omit this on 7...

The magic keyword in reverb seems to be modulation. Exactly what parameters should be modulated in Altiverb?

Tippex 19th January 2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siem (Post 5006064)
The magic keyword in reverb seems to be modulation. Exactly what parameters should be modulated in Altiverb?

Well, you obviously couldn't modulate all parameters (e.g. individual delays) like on an algo based reverb. However, it should be ridiculously easy to at least modulate pitch/amplitude of the rev tail. We can already do this with a seperate plugin inserted post reverb - as Acousticas usually advise...

There are loads of other ideas that could also be implemented by blatantly copying other manufacturers (e.g. Eventide has a comp that can duck the rev tail in the presence of new i/p signal etc. )

Dr Gruv 19th January 2010 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Gruv (Post 5003502)
pm me for these - btw, they are great guys - i'm just not using these plugs much

speakerphone 2 - altiverb 6 = $700 plus ilok transfer fees

-mr. d

changed to $700 - sorry - didn't realize the prices had dropped...

m

Deleted 99dc753 20th January 2010 01:21 AM

Quote:

Two years I mentioned that to them because of the great sounding Reverb (cant remeber the name was invented by Knu Finke in Germany) and Avid bought the algorithm ...
So it was gone form the market forn non avid customers.... it was exactly wokring like this... I am really forward looking to hear the sonic s of AV 7 may it keeps me away from buying Lexicon Native PCM

jamwerks 20th January 2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HOLMES (Post 5008389)
I am really forward looking to hear the sonic s of AV 7 may it keeps me away from buying Lexicon Native PCM

Even with a tail and modulation, it would still be a different beast than the PCM package.

Stiff 20th January 2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt thomas (Post 4999188)
You have to use the embed code found on the video's youtube page. Not just the page name.

matt

Cheers, updated the post.

Hardtoe 30th January 2010 06:30 PM

Any word when this might drop - I love Altiverb and always find a use for their many tasty rooms...