Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   High End (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/)
-   -   In Search Of A Mentor. . (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/4367-search-mentor.html)

TekMonki 15th May 2003 08:18 AM

In Search Of A Mentor. .

Hey All,

I'm interested in finding a mentor type person that can help me take my stuff to the next logical level. I have musical talent (however you subjectively quantify that), but my problem tends to be on the mixing end of things. Basic reviews of my tracks go something like "needs more high/mid" "needs less bass" etc. I understand the basic concepts behind what they mean when they say those things, but I find myself adrift in the sea of mixing and the more I start to tweak/row in one direction it just seems like the more I get lost and further from my intended destination.

Now, the logical response is "go get some books", but I've read through tons of stuff and I'm just not quite getting it. Again, I get the general gist of what they're saying, but I find that I'm more of a hands on/by example learner than one who can sit down and read some text and apply it. In other words, if you show it to me, I can learn it quickly.

A side note (and keep the snickering to a minimum please). My main composition/mixing tool right now is Reason. I know some of you probably consider it a toy with your big budget studio gear that requires that you spend thousands of dollars on one reverb or something, but my budget just isn't there yet and I wouldn't know where to spend my first dime anyways. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but frankly I think the same principles should apply whether I'm using Reason or Pro Tools or what have you, no? I know Reason has been slagged in the past for it's (ahem) distinctive sound, but they seem to have "fixed" a lot of that narrowness it was known for in the latest iteration I'm currently using, 2.5.

In any case, I'm willing to learn whatever it takes to get my tracks as I want them. Music is my passion and always has been. I find it frustrating to hear what I want in my head, but it doesn't translate out of the speakers. I just really don't know where to start. I guess you could say I'm at that point where I know enough to not even know what questions to ask (an old proverb horribly paraphrased).

So, if one of you could find it in your hearts to help me out, or at least point in me in a good direction, I would be eternally grateful. If you like, you can hear what I'm working on at the the moment and maybe give me a few pointers starting there.

Thanks,
Jk

TekMonki 15th May 2003 08:18 PM

No one, huh? Interesting.

Thanks anyways.

C.Lambrechts 15th May 2003 09:13 PM

hmmm ..... Tek, .... I read your post earlier and actually started a reply ... but then ended up not posting it because it felt wrong.

To be honest with you ... I don't realy know where to start. I don't have a clue of what your skills are and what your level is. How good or bad do your mixes sound ??

Trial and error would be my best possible reply for you now, as in mixing there are as many rules as there are no rules at all. Every song is a new mixing experience. Sure there are basic skills one has to master like knowing how to use basic tools like compression and eq. If you don't 'master' those tools there is no use in even considering to go to the next step. What is the next step for you ... I am completely clueless.

One thing though. The tools you use ARE important. To be honest with you I do think there is a difference between ProTools and Reason and I do think that spending thousands of $$ on high end equipment is necessary if you want to mix professionally. You mention Reason as your main mixing tool. How can you possibly expect me or anybody else to help you mix in Reason. As much as I think it is a perfectly usable programm I also think that it is completely useless as a mixing environment. Now don't go out spending thousands of $$ either because IMHO you would be throwing your money away right now. First you need to understand WHY reason isn't a mixing tool. Not a serious one anyhow.

On the other hand one has to use the tools at hand and I'm sure you can learn a lot from mixing within Reason.

Maybe what you need to do is go to the nearest available studio and ask a local engineer if he is willing to have a look at your mixes. Hopefully he can help you with some tips.

For now, if you would ask me what to do if your mix has too much bass ... my dumb answer would be ... take out some bass ... does that help you ... I don't think so. My best guess is that your mixes sound muddy too ... layering tons of unprocessed loops that come standard within reason will do that to your mix. Well ... try understanding what frequencies you need and which frequencies you don't. And get rid of the ones you don't need using eq.

In order to understand what is wrong with your mixes I would have to hear them and sit next to you while you're mixing. Only then I would be able to give you tips and maybe explain some of the techniques I use to try to make them sound better.

For now, the next logical level for you would be to understand that with reason alone ... you're limited .... VERY limited to say the least. And so are my solutions for helping you to create a better mix within reason.

Dave Martin 15th May 2003 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by C.Lambrechts
hmmm ..... Tek, .... I read your post earlier and actually started a reply ... but then ended up not posting it because it felt wrong.

I started a reply as well, and also gave up on it. But I gave up for a different reason. a 'mentor', among other things, needs close by - you can't mentor someone, especially about mixing, without actually being there to listen to how they do it. More important is WHY they do it. But you have to BE there; you can't do that sort of thing via e-amil or telephone.

TekMonki 15th May 2003 09:41 PM

Well, if you guys are interested, and I'm not sure how good (not meant as a sleight) you are, but you can hear something I'm working on at the moment and maybe give me a little direction from it?

http://www.tekmonki.com/musica/TekMonki%20-%20Pimp.mp3

C.Lambrechts 16th May 2003 07:54 AM

ok ... had a listen to it ....

Now except for OVER use or abuse of endless delay, which is a choice I suppose start by trying the following :

EQ the low end out of your delays. it will at least make them sound 'lighter'. and they won't weigh down on your mix like they do now. And don't make them feedback endlessly ... even a delay has to make room for something else at some point. Mixing is also about creating space for incoming sounds by moving other sound to the background. You have probably every level set from the very begining. Which can work fine in some cases but not in your case. Like I suspected with your Reason story ... It's tons of layers adding and adding turning it into a complete mess at the end. Make room as you add sounds by turning down other sounds or getting rid of them. A lot of your mixing problems can be found in your arrangements. But then again that's a matter of taste and who would I be to critisize your taste. But you asked for it so ....

And last but definately not least. I bet you allways have your speakers cranked up all the way right? Here's an old school mixing trick for you :

Turn your speakers WAY down and I do mean WAY down. Is everything still in balance the way you like it ???

TekMonki 16th May 2003 08:51 AM

Quote:

To be honest with you ... I don't realy know where to start. I don't have a clue of what your skills are and what your level is. How good or bad do your mixes sound ??

Trial and error would be my best possible reply for you now, as in mixing there are as many rules as there are no rules at all. Every song is a new mixing experience. Sure there are basic skills one has to master like knowing how to use basic tools like compression and eq. If you don't 'master' those tools there is no use in even considering to go to the next step. What is the next step for you ... I am completely clueless.

Understood. To give you a bit of insight, I know what compression and EQ do and are used for, but if I was to sit down at a "console" (be it Reason's or Pro Tools or a desk) and you said your bass drum is interfering with your bassline, or that lead is eating at the vocals, fix it up. I wouldn't know how. I know it would obviously require notching out some EQ somewhere, but where? I also know that the sounds used depend on where that cut or spike would fit, but generally speaking I still don't know if I'm doing it "correctly". That's about where my skills are at. I know it's all a bit zen and subjective in the end.

Quote:

One thing though. The tools you use ARE important. To be honest with you I do think there is a difference between ProTools and Reason and I do think that spending thousands of $$ on high end equipment is necessary if you want to mix professionally. You mention Reason as your main mixing tool. How can you possibly expect me or anybody else to help you mix in Reason. As much as I think it is a perfectly usable programm I also think that it is completely useless as a mixing environment. Now don't go out spending thousands of $$ either because IMHO you would be throwing your money away right now. First you need to understand WHY reason isn't a mixing tool. Not a serious one anyhow.
I don't disagree. The tools you use are important, definitely. My larger point there though was that the same PRINCIPLES should apply regardless of how much you spent on your "system", no? Reason and Pro Tools don't have the same algorithims more likely than not so you're most likely not going to get the same sound out of them. I understand that part just fine. But you kind of left it hanging there. WHY isn't Reason a mixing tool? It has a mixer interface. Granted it's probably not as advanced as something high-end, but it should still do the basic job, yes?

Quote:

On the other hand one has to use the tools at hand and I'm sure you can learn a lot from mixing within Reason.
Quote:

For now, the next logical level for you would be to understand that with reason alone ... you're limited .... VERY limited to say the least. And so are my solutions for helping you to create a better mix within reason.
On the one hand you tell me that I'm severely limited and then you say that I can learn a lot. Which is it? As I said before, I understand that to some of you more advanced/in-debt studio geeks, Reason is a mere toy and probably a "cheesy" one at that, but I still think that you can learn and understand the basic principles of how to use your tool (any tool) to mold the sound in the way you desire. If you disagree so steadfastly, please enumerate the reasons why for me. Otherwise, I just get the sense that you're being elitist about it.

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave Martin
I started a reply as well, and also gave up on it. But I gave up for a different reason. a 'mentor', among other things, needs close by - you can't mentor someone, especially about mixing, without actually being there to listen to how they do it. More important is WHY they do it. But you have to BE there; you can't do that sort of thing via e-amil or telephone.
The other thing Reason allows for is file sharing. So if I was to send someone a mix of something I had done, they could see it for themselves, top to bottom, and mix it how they see fit and send it back to me so I could see for myself. That's how you or Dave or somebody else could possibly help me. That's why, in a way, Reason is perfect for the job, no? It's all self-contained right there for the tweaking.

Quote:

For now, if you would ask me what to do if your mix has too much bass ... my dumb answer would be ... take out some bass ... does that help you ... I don't think so. My best guess is that your mixes sound muddy too ... layering tons of unprocessed loops that come standard within reason will do that to your mix. Well ... try understanding what frequencies you need and which frequencies you don't. And get rid of the ones you don't need using eq.
Right you are. However, I almost never use the Factory Sound Banks that came with Reason. Maybe for some of the synth patches, but I try to keep the actual loops to a minimum as the sound quality is (ahem) "interesting" at best and I prefer to make my own loops or use individual hits whenever possible.

All in all I appreciate your insight so far, but I also get the feeling that I'm being disregarded as I'm not using the "proper" tools (i.e. I haven't spent the required and proper amount to "learn"). An analogy would be if you came to me for design advice and I critiqued your website for you. I tell you that from a design standpoint it's horrid, you've included all the obvious and overdone bells and whistles that are the trademark of an amateur, but I bet you don't give a toss what my personal feelings are about it. For you, it gets the basic job done. You have the elements there and people can find what they need for the most part. Now imagine that's all I tell you besides the fact that you're not using the latest and greatest tools for the job. Oh, and a bit of a trial and error will get you there. How's that helping you with your site in the end? Not really, right?

What you may or may not know is that an amazing site can be written in your basic text editor without need of fancy and expensive tools. It just requires know how. That's what I'm after here. The know how. I've heard many "pro souding" tracks composed solely in Reason. So it's not SO horrible as a creation and mixing tool. I know that in the end I'm going to need to expand my palette of tools, but it's seems bollocks to me that I need to go spend thousands to learn to mix properly.

In any case, thank you for your time. If you have more to share, I'm all eyes/ears.

TekMonki 16th May 2003 08:59 AM

Quote:

ok ... had a listen to it ....

Now except for OVER use or abuse of endless delay, which is a choice I suppose start by trying the following :

EQ the low end out of your delays. it will at least make them sound 'lighter'. and they won't weigh down on your mix like they do now. And don't make them feedback endlessly ... even a delay has to make room for something else at some point. Mixing is also about creating space for incoming sounds by moving other sound to the background. You have probably every level set from the very begining. Which can work fine in some cases but not in your case. Like I suspected with your Reason story ... It's tons of layers adding and adding turning it into a complete mess at the end. Make room as you add sounds by turning down other sounds or getting rid of them. A lot of your mixing problems can be found in your arrangements. But then again that's a matter of taste and who would I be to critisize your taste. But you asked for it so ....

And last but definately not least. I bet you allways have your speakers cranked up all the way right? Here's an old school mixing trick for you :

Turn your speakers WAY down and I do mean WAY down. Is everything still in balance the way you like it ???

So, in this case, what's a good point to EQ at? When it sounds good, or is there a specific range I'm aiming for?

What do you mean by arrangements specifically? The sounds I'm using or the way they progress or. . .?

I'm not sure what kind of music you make, but I suppose we're at a bit of a genre clash. I'm not sure how much that matters, but I thought maybe it should be noted. What goes in the music I like may sound horrible to your ears.

Again, thanks for the tips. I really do appreciate it.

Heterodox 16th May 2003 09:32 AM

and I'm not sure how good (not meant as a sleight) you are

Who, ol' Mr. Martin and Lambrechts? TOTAL amateurs - you're altogether better off ignoring their opinions...seriously. shiee

heh

TekMonki 16th May 2003 09:37 AM

heh Don't get it twisted.

I just meant in the sense that since I'm asking for mixing advice, I don't really know what required to analyze a mix. If one can hear it and tell you what's wrong or you actually need to see a console and it's settings to do so. . .

cashewcupcake 16th May 2003 01:53 PM

Tekmonki-

firstly I think that there's better forums to post your question. I'm sure there's a lot of reason dedicated groups that will understand your work methods, composition and mixing approach better than this one.

GS is a very cool place to learn a lot, but a lot of "big fish" swim here (i'm not one of them ATM) and it's not the best place for guppies or minnows AKA "little fish" in terms of talent or equipment. A lot of these people work in big expensive rooms or are producers with big expensive collections of slutty gear. Whether you like it or not, Reason is considered to be newbie software and "pros" will be biased against it and you.

I'm not trying to fug on you, I'm telling you that you might get more help or find your desired mentor in a different place. This forum is after all, the "Hi-End" forum. What did you expect from people who use mic stands that cost more than your virtual studio? Why would a "Hi-End" engineer want to teach someone how to mix on vastly inferior platforms?

Regarding pro work done with Reason, most of that is recorded and mixed in other environments. In those situations, Reason is a sound generator.

Anyways, if you like, I can give you some links where you can do some research on how to make better mixes, and maybe a link or two to a forum that focuses on software music only.

howdy

littledog 16th May 2003 06:02 PM

f.f. has some good points, in that you might be better served asking the question in some of the forums that particulalry cater to entry-level users, like homerecording.com and harmony central.

But to try and answer one of your questions concerning EQ:

There have been many attempts to create charts or tables defining EQ ranges (like Y-Z hz is the range to cut for muddy sound, and W-X khz is the range for adding "air" etc.) but they are of limited value in practice. You really need to use your ears in each specific situation.

One common way is to create a radical boost with a fairly narrow Q and sweep it back and forth over a wide range of frequencies, noting the points where it makes the sound the "most ugly". Those frequencies then become good candidates to cut a bit. It is very important to make your final EQ decisions while listening to the track in context of the whole mix, NOT soloed. Otherwise one finds that you get a bunch of tracks that sound great by themselves, but sound like crap when combined together.

Most beginners have an overwhelming desire to boost highs and lows, and cut mids. (The "smiley-face" curve). If you do this on everything, the sum result can be a very hollow sounding mix. In addition, rather than boosting highs, one can get the equivalent result by cutting lows and mids while boosting the overall gain, resulting in the same net EQ but with less phasey-ness.

I know nothing about Reason, so I can't comment on any program-specific mixing tips.

TekMonki 16th May 2003 08:12 PM

Thanks littledog, I really appreciate the help. That's a good start on what I was asking for.

dfegad As for the rest of you. . .

Oh, I don't know. Maybe 'cos they're interested in helping someone out? Yeah, yeah, I got the fact that you all are much more "talented and professional" than I (could you rub that in once more maybe, just 'cos it feels really good?).

I'm (almost) amused at the typical response so far that goes something like. . .
Quote:

Originally posted by BigFish. . .
"Hi. This forum is for people way out of your league. I could offer to help you, but I won't 'cos I consider you waaaay below me with your silly little music software. Please make sure you know your place from now on and don't ask us for anymore help 'cos we just can't be bothered, lest we're feeling extra generous and should decide to throw you a meager little bone to gnaw on.

Oh. And cheers. Good luck with that whole learning thing. There's like some books and links out there somewhere.

P.s. Did we mention your software is absolutely inferior to the tools we use? Bwahahahahahaha. fuuck"

Sure the offer is there to provide information, but the initial response is thinly veiled condescension. What's that about?

Again, I appreciate your comments, and you're clearly right about this being the wrong forum. I hung out for a bit and read through a lot of stuff and it seemed like people were about helping here. I guess not though. Not unless you're (ahem) a "big fish" anyway. The problem with the other forums that you've alluded to, and there is a Reason dedicated forum, is that most of them seem to be the mental age of about twelve and would rather spend their time bickering about who has the bigger apparatus, be it digital or analog, than learning and teaching. There's a few helpful chaps here and there, but they're a bit hard to come by.

And the mixes I was talking about in particular were not "sound source" mixes done in some studio, but actual mixes straight out of Reason. Sure they're not straight-out-of-some-billion-dollar-studio sounding, but they sound pretty damn good nonetheless.

So, to me, the larger point is that you can learn to mix on Reason. Period. It may not be on the latest $50,000,000 desk with all the coolest tools, but in it's essence it's still bloody mixing. And you're totally right, why would you ever want to help out someone trying to learn the ropes? Silly me. So I guess I'm going back to my "little fish" tributary. Heaven forbid someone would want to help someone "inferior" out. Sorry for mucking up your pretty little (ooops, oops, BIG BIG) stream.

cashewcupcake 16th May 2003 09:00 PM

Ok well this thread looks like it's dead to me. Well, I don't like Reason, people who use it, and I also don't like lego men or marijuana. So I'm just going to insult you. Then you can insult me ok? howdy

Here we go! boing

Old school-

You are a dissembling brazen-faced strumpet, and a fusty rampallian mammet. You're a fine example of a reeky pox-marked gudgeon and a fobbing ill-nurtured moldwarp! Your ancestry was all droning hedge-born gleeking fool-born beslubbering crook-pated scullians.

In Italian-

Tu un pompinaio, un succhiatore, un leccacazzi, y un gustafav! Vaffanculo a Lei, la sua moglie, e' la sua madre. Lei e' un cafone stronzo. Vada via in culo!

Booring Style:

You, sir, are a twat. You are a twat, your father was a twat, and his father was a twat, and his father's father's father was of the supreme Twats. Of course, you don't know your father because your mother is a prostitute. Who was a twat also. And I slept with her. And I enjoyed the twat, you twat.

Oh, about your mother:

Yo momma's so ugly they push her face into dough to make cookies.
Yo momma's so ugly they filmed "Gorillas in the Mist" in her shower
Yo momma's so ugly they didn't give her a costume when she tried out for Star Wars.
Yo momma's so ugly instead of putting the bungee cord around her ankle, they put it around her neck
Yo momma's so ugly she gets 364 extra days to dress up for Halloween.
Yo momma's so ugly when she walks into a bank, they turn off the surveillence cameras
Yo momma's so ugly her mom had to be drunk to breast feed her
Yo momma's so ugly her mom had to tie a steak around her neck to get the dogs to play with her.
Yo momma's so ugly when she walks down the street in September, people say "Damn, is it Halloween already?"
Yo momma's so ugly the government moved Halloween to her birthday.
Yo momma's so ugly that if ugly were bricks she'd have her own projects.
Yo momma's so ugly she made an onion cry.
Yo momma's so ugly when they took her to the beautician it took 12 hours. . .for a quote!
Yo momma's so ugly she tried to take a bath the water jumped out!
Yo momma's so ugly even Rice Krispies won't talk to her!
Yo momma's so ugly Ted Dansen wouldn't date her!
Yo momma's so ugly for Halloween she trick or treats on the phone!
Yo momma's so ugly she turned Medusa to stone!
Yo momma's so ugly the NHL banned her for life.
Yo momma's so ugly they pay her to put her clothes on in strip joints
Yo momma's so ugly people go as her for Halloween.
Yo momma's so ugly that when she sits in the sand on the beach, cats try to bury her.
Yo momma's so ugly she scares the roaches away.
Yo momma's so ugly I heard that your dad first met her at the pound.
Yo momma's so ugly that your father takes her to work with him so that Yo momma's so ugly her goodbye.

Yo mama's so fat, she stepped on a talking scale and it said "Please step out of the car."
Yo mama's so fat, she stepped on a scale and she saw her phone number.
Yo mama's so fat, the last time she saw 90210 she was on a scale.
Yo mama's so fat, when she gets on the scale it says "To be continued."
Yo mama's so fat, when she steps on a scale, it says "One at a time, please."
Yo mama' so fat, she's moving the Earth out of its orbit.
Yo mama's so fat, no one can talk behind her back.
Yo mama's so fat, I gain weight just by watching her eat.
Yo mama's so fat, when she takes a shower, her feet don't get wet.
Yo mama's so fat, she's got her own zip code.
Yo mama's so fat, she was floating in the ocean and Spain claimed her as a new world.
Yo mama's so fat, she went to the movies and sat next to everyone.
Yo mama's so fat, she can't reach her back pocket.
Yo mama's so fat, she can't wear Dazzey Dukes. She has to wear Boss Hoggs.
Yo mama's so fat, she has to iron her pants on the driveway.
Yo mama's so fat, when she comes down the stairs she measures on the Richter scale.
Yo mama's so fat, when she goes to a restaurant, she even orders "Thank You, Come Again."
Yo mama's so fat, she eats biscuits like tic tacs.
Yo mama's so fat, she fell in love and broke it.
Yo mama's so fat, when yo father fell in love with her he got lost.
Yo mama's so fat, when she swims, she leaves stretch marks on the swimming pool.
Yo mama's so fat, she leaves stretch marks on the bathtub.
Yo mama's so fat, when she fills up the tub, she fills up the tub.
Yo mama's so fat, she gets clothes in three sizes: extra large, jumbo, and oh-my-god-it's-coming-towards-us!
Yo mama's so fat, she got hit by a truck and asked "Who threw that rock?"
Yo mama's so fat, she has to pull down her pants to get into her pockets.
Yo mama's so fat, she has more nooks and crannies than a Thomas' English Muffin.
Yo mama's so fat, she has to buy two airline tickets.
Yo mama's so fat, she eats pumpkin pies like Skittles.
Yo mama's so fat, she has to grease her hands to get into her pockets.
Yo mama's so fat, she has two stomachs: One for meat, one for vegetables.
Yo mama's so fat, the shadow of her ass weighs 50 pounds.
Yo mama's so fat, she jumped up in the air and got stuck.

In Bengali:

Tor bapre choodi!

In Surinam:

ie de wang viestie dagoe, soigie mie sako webo.

In Slovenian:

Pejt u pizdu mater pirnièan!

In Yiddish:

Gayn Cacken Ofn yam Mishugena!

In Armenian:

Eem juges bacheek doer kuk oudelic shoon!

General:

I regard you with an indifference bordering on aversion. You lame indecisive Einstein-impersonating rectum-sniffing dickhead !!

To conclude, we'll end with the Lord's Prayer in Ebonics:

Yo, Big Daddy upstairs,
You be chillin,
So be yo hood.
You be sayin it, I be doin it
In this here hood and yo's.
Gimme some eats,
And cut me some slack,
Sos I be doin it to dem dat diss me.
Don't be pushing me into no jive,
And keep dem Crips away.
'Cause you always be da Man.

-- Aaa-mén

Oh and, Ikh hob dir in drerd, tsatskele.
fuuck

Heterodox 16th May 2003 09:09 PM

Fae will you marry me? howdy

cashewcupcake 16th May 2003 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Heterodox
Fae will you marry me? howdy
No, you puking haggard.howdy

TekMonki 16th May 2003 09:12 PM

You pretty much said it all didn't you? Good work. Hope you feel better.

Again, thanks for your help. The point was never insults, but some level footing and some assistance. Guess this is no better than any other internet forum in that regard.

I wish you both luck in your elitism. Keep slagging those interested in learning and you'll be a "big fish" too one day!!

kfhkh

C.Lambrechts 16th May 2003 09:20 PM

sigh .... Tek .... stay calm and read all those posts again .... concentrate on the parts where people ARE trying to give you good advice. I do not think, and I'm sure plenty of us out here agree that you nore Reason are 'inferior' or however you might call it. For me, Reason is not a mixing environment. I work on a regular basis with a DJ that does all his preparing stuff in Reason. It's a pretty fancy programm its own style. But not for mixing. I don't ask you to agree with that ... hell mix all you like in Reason for all I care. I think I mentioned in my previous post that surely you can do some mixing in it ... so go ahead.

Now as for tips and techniques. Go through the archives and you'll see TONS of valuable mixing / recording / editing techniques out here. They surely will be of use to you too.

You are as welcome as any other person out here and I'm pretty sure that the reason we ALL hang out here is to learn from each other. Without a doubt we can also learn from you ... be it in the fact that I for one am allways interested in seeing other people grow in their capabilities. But if all you're going to do is bash whatever we say ... then don't expect much help from anybody out here.

Now temper yourself and stop acting like those bickering 12 year olds you mentioned in your last post.

Start experimenting with some of the things said here and report back with your findings.

Good luck

littledog 16th May 2003 09:32 PM

I can't imagine anyone could be so humorless as to not appreciate the excelence (and sheer magnitude) of faeflora's last post. No matter who it was ostensibly directed at...

Beginners are most welcome here. Humorless people, on the other hand...

cashewcupcake 16th May 2003 09:37 PM

I don't think I said it clearly enough. I do think that you are inferior for using Reason. All people who use Reason are of an inferior degenerate species, one who disease and infest the earth. Reason users are an abomination, a sore in the grand creation. God may love the Reason users despite their lack of any grace, and despite the fact that they have no chance of redemption, but hey, that's what Hell's for right?
fuuck

TekMonki 16th May 2003 09:48 PM

Yes, yes, you're funny. I get you now. Love you too! fuuck

I'm sorry if I mis-read the tone of some of your posts earlier, but the general sense I got initially was . ."sorry, we're pro, can't really help you" and I felt that was a bit snotty of you. I understand what you're saying though.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify for me.

Now about that whole mentoring thing. . . heh

TekMonki 16th May 2003 09:49 PM

oh, and a P.s. for you FF. .

fuuck

So you're saying you like me and Reason then? How very sweet of you.

cashewcupcake 16th May 2003 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TekMonki
oh, and a P.s. for you FF. .

fuuck

So you're saying you like me and Reason then? How very sweet of you.

I feel I have miscommunicated. Let me try again:

Beginners may be welcome HERE, but if you are one, I do not welcome you. I do not welcome you warmly. I do not welcome you with open arms. I do not hold my hand out to assist you, you newbie worm, writhing in your muck of ignorance and arrogant delusion. Instead, I hope to shun you, to scorn you, to fart on your face, to make you drag your fat disgusting monkey carcass back to the primordial filth pool from whence ye came, charging forth blindly into our Eden with your tool of "Reason" held aloft like it were Prometheus's stolen fire. I hope to crush you, to grind you, to scrape the heel of my boot back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth OH YES YESS YESSSSSS until you are a no more than a mass of pussing jelly, the shape and demeanor and molecular makeup of which would be rightful for you. So turn away, sulkingly flee in your grimy wrath and do not taint our momments with your diseased abominable self illusion here anymore.

:deth:

C.Lambrechts 16th May 2003 10:31 PM

Ok, time to close this one.

Tek, Fae, others ... feel free to start up a new thread if you like.

Here are a few guidelines though :

- Reason specific stuff should best be discussed in the software tools and computers section.

- Bickering / moaning / name calling etc etc .... take it to the Moan Zone

- Feel free to discuss mixing techiniques here if you like but keep it to the point please.

Thank you