Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Music Computers (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/)
-   -   SoundToys - Decapitator Plugin (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/427540-soundtoys-decapitator-plugin.html)

PKP 1st October 2009 08:09 AM

SoundToys - Decapitator Plugin
 
New SoundToys-plug!diddlydoo

[IMG]http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8493/picture7vq.th.png[/IMG]

Benmrx 1st October 2009 08:16 AM

I LOVE the "punish" button!!

Apparently it's a: "Bit and Sample rate reduction" plug

jamwerks 1st October 2009 08:19 AM

What is it, a compressor?

K-Slash 1st October 2009 08:37 AM

Hum, I would say a Tape Saturation plugin (sort of) ?

Where did you get the info ? There is nothing on their website.

Benmrx 1st October 2009 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Slash (Post 4633238)
Hum, I would say a Tape Saturation plugin (sort of) ?

Where did you get the info ? There is nothing on their website.

Harmony Central - Electronic Musician Product Guides > Signal Processing Software

According to Harmony Central it's a "creative noise machine" .... (no ****, THAT is the description) which does bit and sample rate reduction.

xist 1st October 2009 08:55 AM

I think it will be a mix of saturation tool a la McDsp AC1 with probably a more aggressive approach. We'll see. Anyway we've just posted it here:

Autumn, time for new plugs - AudioNewsRoom

farjedi 1st October 2009 09:56 AM

I like the 'melted triode' preset name..

homesweethome 1st October 2009 10:18 AM

mmmm, more toys!! this and the panman look very interesting.
wonder though if they gonna do something for those who got the bundle already, i.e. reduced price heh

cane creek 1st October 2009 11:38 AM

I hope the drive knob sounds as good or better than my UA Moog filter ,
i assume the "Punish button" is a similar function to UA Moogs "+20db" switch ?

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dflsm6pay3s/Ss...jpg?imgmax=800

sonicdefault 1st October 2009 11:44 AM

boing

Can't wait to hear it! It would be nice if it's just added to the bundle;>


-SD

cane creek 1st October 2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicdefault (Post 4633597)
boing

Can't wait to hear it! It would be nice if it's just added to the bundle;>


-SD

I was hoping the same , i won't hold my breath heh

Benmrx 1st October 2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicdefault (Post 4633597)
boing

Can't wait to hear it! It would be nice if it's just added to the bundle;>


-SD

I'de love to hear it too. I don't own the bundle..... don't really need the bundle, but would LOVE a native RTAS destroyer. I almost hope we see it as an individual offering, although my guess is that it will indeed become part of the bundle.

Man.... I'm REALLY starting to give in to the dark side of ITB and plugs lately......wworriedshieegooofhehkfhkh

sonicdefault 1st October 2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benmrx (Post 4633616)
I'de love to hear it too. I don't own the bundle..... don't really need the bundle, but would LOVE a native RTAS destroyer. I almost hope we see it as an individual offering, although my guess is that it will indeed become part of the bundle.

Man.... I'm REALLY starting to give in to the dark side of ITB and plugs lately......wworriedshieegooofhehkfhkh

heh

Well, i hope they add it to the bundle for free as well as offer it individually! We would never want to leave you out Benmrx!


-SD

sonicdefault 1st October 2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cane creek (Post 4633602)
I was hoping the same , i won't hold my breath heh


Me neither- that punish button doesn't look cheap! And I think that virtual VU meter is one of the coolest I've seen on a plug ;]

Adding things to a bundles to honor existing customers also has it's value though. I know I wouldn't easily forget that gesture if it indeed happened.

-SD

cane creek 1st October 2009 01:00 PM

At Harmony central their listing it for $249 , i hope theres a introductory offer ?

[email protected] 1st October 2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cane creek (Post 4633758)
At Harmony central their listing it for $249 , i hope theres a introductory offer ?

Just to clear up a few things cause some of the info floating about is very very old. YEars ago we talked about a plug called Decapitator that was to be a lo fi plug. We decided this plug needed the name way more. This is an analog saturation modeling plug. The sound of cool analog gear either subtle or abused. Any pricing info out there is a guess as we have not made any decisions in that area yet.

We will be showing both new plug-ins at AES so come and see us. More info is on our FaceBook page and I'll be posted additional details later today.

Mitch
SoundToys

borg64 1st October 2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 4633894)
[...]we have not made any decisions in that area yet.

[Jedi Mind Trick]

Include it in the bundle. Include it in the bundle.

These are not the droids you are looking for.

[/Jedi Mind Trick]

gooof kfhkh

Aperus 1st October 2009 02:42 PM

Is Panman Coming Too?
 
Just wondering if Panman is coming too... or maybe I missed that one and its already out?

cane creek 1st October 2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aperus (Post 4633980)
Just wondering if Panman is coming too... or maybe I missed that one and its already out?

Mitch did mention in his above post that they'll be demoing both plugins at AES , by both i assume he means Panman.

xist 1st October 2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 4633894)
Just to clear up a few things cause some of the info floating about is very very old. YEars ago we talked about a plug called Decapitator that was to be a lo fi plug. We decided this plug needed the name way more. This is an analog saturation modeling plug. The sound of cool analog gear either subtle or abused.
Mitch
SoundToys

Cool, it seems I was right then :-)

And yeah, they're gonna introduce the PanMan too (THIS is a genius name!)

Vank 1st October 2009 05:38 PM

When is it gonna be available?

xist 1st October 2009 05:50 PM

Well, the guys at Soundtoys are not famous for being the fastest developers around, but be sure that when they release something, well, it's DONE (and usually great sounding too!).
Patience is a virtue, isn't it? hooppie

rhythmtech 1st October 2009 08:04 PM

please soundtoys, do the decent thing. i only just bought the native bundle a few months back diddlydoo

infiniteposse 1st October 2009 08:32 PM

Very interested to see pricing info on this as well. I've got the Native bundle and I think they'll give us some love on the new plugs. They seem like a cool company.

Jorg 1st October 2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmtech (Post 4635069)
please soundtoys, do the decent thing. i only just bought the native bundle a few months back diddlydoo

Same here. I only bought it a month ago.
It wouldnt be in relation that we only spend 400$ for the bundle and then have to spend 250$ on the one plug.

Hopefully theres a cheaper upgrade offer for us bundle owners.

Benmrx 2nd October 2009 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 4633894)
This is an analog saturation modeling plug. The sound of cool analog gear either subtle or abused.

Awsome! I'll be checking this out ASAP. MUCH more exciting (for me) than a bit crusher, that's for sure.... VERY curious if this will be a single plug, or part of the bundle.

SoundEng1 2nd October 2009 08:24 AM

as much as i love soundtoys plugs $250.00 for this plug just seems ridiculous.

Benmrx 2nd October 2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundEng1 (Post 4637075)
as much as i love soundtoys plugs $250.00 for this plug just seems ridiculous.

How come?

URS Saturation is $200... McDSP Analog Channel is $200 (right now... it's usually $300), Digi's Reel Tape Saturation is $300.....

[email protected] 2nd October 2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benmrx (Post 4637091)
How come?

URS Saturation is $200... McDSP Analog Channel is $200 (right now... it's usually $300), Digi's Reel Tape Saturation is $300.....

No pricing has been announced. That $249 pricing came from a link from 2006. It's wrong. We'll make those decisions later. Probably more like $1000. Not really, but then our actual price will seem really reasonable no matter what it is;-)

Jedi mind tricks do not work in that font, so we'll make that decision later as well:-)

Ask around, we are usually very reasonable. We do have to keep our doors open, but we are all musicians and know what it like so we strive to strike a balance.


Mitch Thomas
SoundToys

[email protected] 2nd October 2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundEng1 (Post 4637075)
as much as i love soundtoys plugs $250.00 for this plug just seems ridiculous.

Without even hearing it? The price of a guitar stompbox?

Pricing will be announced later but I think you'll feel differently when you hear it. Or... maybe not. Maybe it's not the thing you're after. I love it and cant afford the gear it represents so its a dream come true for me.

Anyway, we can debate these things after we actually announce the pricing and everyone gets a chance to hear it.

Mitch
SoundToys