Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Rap + Hip Hop Engineering and Production (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-hip-hop-engineering-and-production/)
-   -   funky pop filters??? LAWD!!! (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-hip-hop-engineering-and-production/39879-funky-pop-filters-lawd.html)

nukmusic 15th August 2005 07:34 PM

funky pop filters??? LAWD!!!

ok, now I know many artists have bad breath, so "them-there" pop filter sure got funky. How do u clean or should i say refreshen" yours?

I til to pull it away from the mic and spray it with a tiny bit of lysol from about 12-16 inches away.

dam.....i just thought about how funky the mics are..........LMAO heh mouth after mouth after mouth.

P.S. any big name cats with bad breath?? boing

rickrock305 15th August 2005 07:38 PM

there is nothing worse than that smell of a stinky pop filter or mic.

at our studio, we have a vintage Neumann that absolutely REAKS when you smell the grill!!!! It is SOOOO nasty. Makes my stomach turn just thinking about it.

Fajita 15th August 2005 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickrock305
there is nothing worse than that smell of a stinky pop filter or mic.

at our studio, we have a vintage Neumann that absolutely REAKS when you smell the grill!!!! It is SOOOO nasty. Makes my stomach turn just thinking about it.

If you send it out for service, it will come back odor free... and nicer sounding.

BTW even the metal "steadman" pop filter gets funky, but you can wash it in the lounge's dishwasher. kfhkh

rickrock305 16th August 2005 05:40 PM

Fajita, just noticed your in Miami...whats up neighbor!!!!

Fajita 16th August 2005 07:52 PM

Quote:

Fajita, just noticed your in Miami...whats up neighbor!!!!

YO HO!!!

I've been working with a kid named Scotty Boi. Heard of him?

rickrock305 16th August 2005 07:57 PM

i think i may have heard of him, but not heard him. Is it any good?

I work at South Beach Studios, and a couple of other spots around town with various folks.

rickrock305 16th August 2005 08:04 PM

by the way, who do you deal with as far as gear purchases and stuff around here? I'd like to find somebody to let me try out some stuff before i buy, more specifically some compressors for vocals.

Fajita 16th August 2005 08:04 PM

I work @ the Discovery Channel, but I freelance at some tiny joints, including my own.

His flow is good, but at times I have him re-doing lines cuz his diction gets sloppy.

He's part of the Tri-County Gangsters. Or at least that's the people that he talks about in his rhymes.

We did drops for X102.3 in WPB last month, so he's getting some airplay up there.

rickrock305 16th August 2005 08:06 PM

cool. yea, we've been doing a lot of stuff for TLC or the Discovery channel lately, just simple VO stuff. We've been doing a lot of the Miami Ink stuff

Fajita 16th August 2005 08:20 PM

Sorry for the hijack....

rickrock305 check your PM's

7 Hz 16th August 2005 10:09 PM

Just wash that sucker in warm soapy water...

Some of that **** can smell almost as bad as putrid belly button fluff... which is very nasty indeed.

Dont EVER get near any rehearsal room mics. If you want a singer to buy their own mic, tell them exactly how nasty a 5 year old rehearsal room mic can smell (and look if you have to clean the inside)... uuuugh

wworried

rickrock305 17th August 2005 03:36 AM

i really just gagged reading that...thanks diddlydoo

nukmusic 17th August 2005 04:32 AM

Quote:

i really just gagged reading that...thanks diddlydoo

LMAO.............man i took u wiff of the p-filter after a session last night. Dam.......I started to throw it away..... abduction