Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   So Much Gear, So Little Time (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/)
-   -   Phase madness (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/3900-phase-madness.html)

Cape 22nd April 2003 02:05 AM

Phase madness

Well I've been a thinking, with all the tech outta there BD, Time groove etc I am now happy with natural drums due to the fact that out off all the re-mixo's I've done latley the groove from the real bang-man (however looped) works to the tune.

So phase correction to me is like trying to get a real kit sound like a drum machine.

Little labs........no........good mic's cool and Don rooms.

Mike Tholen 22nd April 2003 02:12 AM

what?

Fletcher 22nd April 2003 04:05 AM

Re: Phase madness

Quote:

Originally posted by Cape
So phase correction to me is like trying to get a real kit sound like a drum machine.
You really have no idea what you're talking about do you.

Steve Smith 22nd April 2003 05:21 AM

Oh my God.. Jules, if you care at all about any of us, make this a sticky... holy **** am I laughing right now... It's the engineering equivalent of ebonics.

Faderjockey 22nd April 2003 07:30 AM

What?..................What?

Jax 22nd April 2003 10:43 AM

Re: Phase madness

Quote:

Originally posted by Cape
Well I've been a thinking, with all the tech outta there BD, Time groove etc I am now happy with natural drums due to the fact that out off all the re-mixo's I've done latley the groove from the real bang-man (however looped) works to the tune.

Little labs........no........good mic's cool and Don rooms.

Wow dude, now that was cool. You should do engineer poetry in pubs.

Wait, you mean you already do??

malice 22nd April 2003 12:29 PM

Yeah sure, ever heard of Jack Ortman work ?

malice boing

Fletcher 22nd April 2003 01:09 PM

Get Pro!!!!!!!

Immanuel 22nd April 2003 04:01 PM

Ok, so you people do not agree with the initial poster. Does that give you the ethical right to flame him/her. Reminds me of an old quote: Don't laugh at the ignorant - some day you will be the ignorant. Ok, since this is the internet, I'd say: Go ahead. Laugh your head off, but keep it to yourself. Someone once said: If it works for you - fine. So when this person tells us about how he/she works with music (maybe even doing it to inspire the rest of us), why is it then so hard to take it or leave it? I can not realy see, how the initial post can actually harm anybody.

A lot of people agree, that one thing wich sets this forum apart from a lot of other forums is the goode vibes. How about we keep it that way? This thing seems to escalate ...

chrisso 22nd April 2003 04:47 PM

I agree, I couldn't make head nor tail of it.
I presume he was trying to say that, because of software like Beat Detective, it's easier to really f**k about with drum tracks without getting into deep phase doo doo.
If so, I guess it's worth discussing.
Anybody having trouble getting Sound Replacer to sound right?

confoosedhittt

Cape 22nd April 2003 05:38 PM

Crikes I'm confused myself, I've now got a breathalyser attached to the computer so if I go near it after one to many it won't start.

I think what I was trying to say was that sometimes small phase issues can help a tracks vibe.

Oh dear, oh dear...........

Fletcher 22nd April 2003 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Immanuel
Ok, so you people do not agree with the initial poster. Does that give you the ethical right to flame him/her.
Absolutely.

Immanuel 22nd April 2003 05:54 PM

heppy Yes, like some people split mono tracks into stereo and delay the one side a wee little bit to make it sound bigger (and a bit to the undelayed side in the stereo image). Ofcoarse mono compatibility goes jummpp

stuntmixer 22nd April 2003 06:03 PM

PWI - Posting While Intoxicated is rarely met with consequences as swift and embarrasing as those for DWI - Dialing While Intoxicated.

Trust me, I know..........

Charles

Jax 22nd April 2003 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fletcher
Get Pro!!!!!!!
LOL

Jax 22nd April 2003 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Immanuel
Ok, so you people do not agree with the initial poster. Does that give you the ethical right to flame him/her. Reminds me of an old quote: Don't laugh at the ignorant - some day you will be the ignorant. Ok, since this is the internet, I'd say: Go ahead. Laugh your head off, but keep it to yourself. Someone once said: If it works for you - fine. So when this person tells us about how he/she works with music (maybe even doing it to inspire the rest of us), why is it then so hard to take it or leave it? I can not realy see, how the initial post can actually harm anybody.

A lot of people agree, that one thing wich sets this forum apart from a lot of other forums is the goode vibes. How about we keep it that way? This thing seems to escalate ...

LOL!! I know you're not kidding, but that's pretty damn funny.

s2n 22nd April 2003 09:13 PM

Take me back to dear old Blighty!
Put me on the train for London town!
Take me over there,
Drop me ANYWHERE,
Liverpool, Leeds, or Birmingham, well, I don't care!
http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies...ason/drunk.gif

chrisso 22nd April 2003 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by s2n
Take me back to dear old Blighty!
Put me on the train for London town!
Take me over there,
Drop me ANYWHERE,
Liverpool, Leeds, or Birmingham, well, I don't care!
http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies...ason/drunk.gif

I geddit, anywhere but the SARS capital of North America:deth:

s2n 22nd April 2003 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by chrisso
I geddit, anywhere but the SARS capital of North America:deth:
I find your joke very distasteful. A close friend of mine lost a family member to SARS. Thanks for ruining my day, you ****in' prick!

David R. 22nd April 2003 11:54 PM

My vote is to delete everything in this thread except for the first post and then lock it and make it a stickey.

All who replied either need a beer, or need to stop drinking.

Including myself.

Steve Smith 22nd April 2003 11:55 PM

Wow, this thread is an amazing study in the mood swing..

Sorry for yer friends loss S2N.

chrisso 23rd April 2003 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve Smith

Sorry for yer friends loss S2N.

Agreed.
Many, many, apologies.

Fletcher 23rd April 2003 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by David R.
All who replied either need a beer, or need to stop drinking.
Absolutely.

5down1up 24th April 2003 02:10 PM

i am taking a red wine heh

if the original question was about doing sounds with shifting out of phase , well , thats a cool option , especially for those whack kinda guitar sounds . 10 mics one amp and flip all the phases that they are out , sounds like a razor blade , pretty useful from time to time .

freshflowe freshflowe freshflowe

littlelabs 24th April 2003 10:14 PM

A new use for the IBP converts live drums to machine drums hmmm the woooonders of controlling phase note...must add to manual. Now pass that spliff dare cape my man I'm right there with you hooppie

Curve Dominant 25th April 2003 05:08 AM

Eye goo be encounter da faze issue too, whilst recording deez groovebox and drum machines! It ill yo. A beer or tree on Curve for mister whatsizmane, can you say ONTO some thing that brutha from anotha mutha.

Dis Curve remembaz some General Motors guy saying shumptin like: "Phase is a naturally occuring aspect of audio and sound." DEEP! True.

The breathalizer ting is another ting entirely...I won't let one of those touch the premisies, cuz nuthing will work again ever. O no

Bock to da phasing groovebox ...umm, no shizzo, this happens. Could I tell yaz why YES but Do you WANNA know NO long story semi-longer WHEN tow, not TWO are hitting at the same time it fazes and its ILL YO. But don't overdue it.

What wuz the qwestchun?

doug_hti 25th April 2003 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Curve Dominant
Eye goo be encounter da faze issue too, whilst recording deez groovebox and drum machines! It ill yo. A beer or tree on Curve for mister whatsizmane, can you say ONTO some thing that brutha from anotha mutha.

Dis Curve remembaz some General Motors guy saying shumptin like: "Phase is a naturally occuring aspect of audio and sound." DEEP! True.

The breathalizer ting is another ting entirely...I won't let one of those touch the premisies, cuz nuthing will work again ever. O no

Bock to da phasing groovebox ...umm, no shizzo, this happens. Could I tell yaz why YES but Do you WANNA know NO long story semi-longer WHEN tow, not TWO are hitting at the same time it fazes and its ILL YO. But don't overdue it.

What wuz the qwestchun?

uh, what?!

Your Add Here! 25th April 2003 04:07 PM

I agree with the original post. Crack rules!

Jax 25th April 2003 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Curve Dominant

What wuz the qwestchun?

Yo, people is missing a big slice if dey don't know who dis is when dey sees hims.

ALI G in da HOWWUSSSE ......

... West Siiiiide (finger's gang-signed into W's and touching chest) ...

... Big up yoself ..

BOOYAKASHAAN!

........ Peace peachh

bumpkin

(Borat is on his way for the Russian perspective)

imacgreg 25th April 2003 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jax

ALI G in da HOWWUSSSE ......

Hahahahahaha... "That ain't a polite way to talk about dem bitches..."

love that guy...

Ian