Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   The Moan Zone (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/the-moan-zone/)
-   -   Presonus tech support woes (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/the-moan-zone/371153-presonus-tech-support-woes.html)

bobx 5th March 2009 09:00 PM

Presonus tech support woes

I don't know if any one else here has has as bad of an experience, or in this case, lack of, with presonus tech support.

I've tried making several calls to their tech support line and have been put on hold for over 30 minutes before giving up as no one picks up the phone line.

I've also sent them email regarding a problem I have with my Firebox. There is an automated response to my email which says i should receive a response within 24 hours... I have never received one.

I feel that this is the only way for me to get some kind of information... I have been a long time user/supporter of presonus products. I have rarely had any issues with their hardware, and this being the first time trying to contact customer service I am deeply disturbed.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had as terrible experience as i have.

Makinithappen 8th March 2009 04:44 AM

I'm about done with that company in general... the 2 things I've owned from them have been poorly built and the support has been crap. We even had a Presonus rep come to our place a few months ago and he said he would take care of our issues. We never heard from him again. (maybe because we didn't buy his new product) Thats really too bad because I have friends that really rave about the ADL600

Mindcore 9th March 2009 04:16 AM

Hit or miss I guess, I've never needed anything from them up until I got a new computer and couldn't find any of my original software.

I sent them an email with my serial number and asked if I could download what I needed, they said no, but new CD's were on their way, and a couple days later they were on my door step free of charge.

I was pretty impressed actually.

uncle duncan 9th March 2009 09:12 AM

I emailed them two weeks ago about getting an RA number for an old MP20 that was sounding odd. They emailed back within a couple of days with the RA number so I shipped it off to them. Perhaps it's just the luck of the draw.

sixtys-guy 12th February 2010 08:03 PM

Poor Response from Presonus

Yes, I have had similar bad experiences.
They do not support their products as would hope/expect.
I have been put on hold for long extended periods when I was able to get throught at all. Apparently they do not know how "Bad News" travels so much faster than goods news. I paid very well for a StudioLive mixer, but can't get any sopport for it, no one is tending the store!
sixtys-guy

Thomas W. Bethe 16th February 2010 02:00 PM

Every time I have had to send something back to them the whole process has been hassle free and and very easy. No problem getting them on the phone and the products sent back have been repaired for a reasonable fee and on their way back to us in a more than reasonable time frame. They seem very professional about doing repairs and the communication with them has always been very good.

Not sure why you are having problems.

Joey21 28th March 2014 03:53 PM

They have absolutely terrible phone support in my experience at least, im not even gonna bother getting into it, ill just leave it at terrible

seclusion 17th April 2014 10:48 PM

Ya my Presonus 16.0.2 inputs are dead, my tech has had it over 6 weeks, tech support is non responsive
$1000 likely down the drain!
If I have to send it where they say, $200+ round trip just to get it there n back! then I have to pay for the repair depending what's wrong!
Not sure it's even worth it!
I don't know what's more annoying, having it break down with minimal support, or likemy Tascam, they just abandon upgrading!
Fack

mlamanna 20th March 2015 04:55 PM

Well my Eris E5 I purchased on 01/2015 died, the process on having it shipped back for repair is ridiculous. 1st they never answer the phone and you have to go through this long process of bouncing back emails on the help forum before they give you a RA form to fill out and then you have to wait for a number.
I started the process on March 17,2015 and Im still waiting for my RA number, this will be the last PerSonus product I ever buy, should have gotten the KRK's.

warlordpriest 21st March 2015 11:57 AM

Thanks for posting. That takes the ADL 600 off my list of future considerations. Hit or miss just ain't good enough to gamble on.

Deleted User 21st March 2015 03:35 PM

IN my defense, I inquired about a tech support job there, no response back, SOoooooo

I would have done you fellas a great job, Im anal about tech stuff

old ghost 27th March 2015 06:49 AM

Not to jump on the bandwagon but the other day I pulled out a piece of gear that had been sitting in the box for awhile... it had malfunctioned under warranty and repaired without issue. Then the same output died again shortly out of warranty and I was told I was out of luck.

Today I pulled it out of the box hoping to use it again such as it was, and the entire thing is shot and passes no signal at all. I was considering picking up a central station but won't be now.

I understand how warranties work but in cases like mine with a documented warranty repair then repeat malfunction, I think working with people instead of throwing the book at them would be a better course to take for the company. But I guess the bottom line prevails.

It's not just Presonus either... when the same thing breaks again out of warranty at least a discount on the repair would go a long way.

djshire 8th April 2015 07:34 PM

I got a Firestudio Mobile on b-stock from zzounds. I tried to register it, and it said it was already registered. I opened a support ticket, the tech was extremely helpful, and then I had to wait some days due to Easter. I go to check on the support ticket...and its gone. But the FSM was registered to me. So if I do have a complaint, its that I was not informed that the situation was resolved....but the situation was resolved in a timely manner, and I'm very satisfied with the unit.

Beau777 6th April 2017 09:48 PM

Just want to add my dislike for how unresponsive Presonus hardware tech support is. Truely the worst experience I've had in 40 years in dealing with anything audio. That's all I'm going to say right now because I'm still dealing with it. Won't ever buy anything Presonus again.

sameal 11th April 2017 06:02 PM

Had a very similar experience with them, bad. I voted with my wallet ever since.

No presonus here. Not even on the used market.

jay_phoenix 12th April 2017 01:55 AM

presonus= cRap

the first sound card i ever bought was a presonus firebox. i updated the firmware on it and it got bricked as a result. the issue was with their update. they told me i would have to pay to have it fixed and also pay for shipping.I chucked the card in the trash and will never buy or let anyone i know buy a presonus product ever again. I now own a UAD apollo first gen and when it died i sent it in to be fixed and they sent it back saying it was but indeed it was not. They then instructed me to take it back to the store where i got it and get a new one. they also gave me $700 worth of free plugins(of my choosing)just because of the inconvience.(granted there was a promotion on at that time for "NEW" apollo owners, but they didn't have to give it to me).Now thats how you treat a customer.

For that they've earned a loyal customer. Good on Universal Audio
Presonus on the other hand....well I'm still not over it, hence the reason why I'm posting to a thread started in 2009

***my first post on GS ****

DefaultTheRat 8th January 2018 04:49 AM

Ive been emailing back and forth with a rep for 2 months to get my NFR key code for studio one ver 3.

My grandpa run a music store and buys a lot from presonus they said that they would give out studio one ver 3 pro if he bought over 700$ of there products.

so he bought 700$ worth and i took there online course 2 months ago and this dude wont send my key code nor will he respond.

Im a huge fan of presonus hard wear and there daw.

but **** this i think i might be switching daws

Jazzman1949 19th September 2018 09:07 PM

bad tech support

I just purchased their Studio One Artist recording software and their AUDIOBOX interface. I downloaded the interface driver and software. When I clicked on the user manual, an error message said it had not been downloaded. Odd. So I went to the download window, hit download and got an error message that said it WAS downloaded! WTF??? So, I called Presonus support and it turns out the person manning the phones is NOT a tech; he just handles the calls and forwards the information. He assured me a tech would email me within 15 minutes.

24 hrs. later I still hadn't heard from them.

I re-called the tech support and got the SAME GUY, who told me they'd contact me in 15 minutes. I told him,"That's what you told me yesterday!"

Big air pause.....

So, here I am, with material to record, tracks to make, and I can't even run the damn thing because I can't access the manual!

Deleted User 23rd September 2018 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazzman1949 (Post 13527051)

So, here I am, with material to record, tracks to make, and I can't even run the damn thing because I can't access the manual!

Go into your My presonus Account and look under software, click on the Artist view more info or something like that, there you will see the manual download

Keepintime 21st November 2019 01:55 AM

Presonus tech support is a JOKE. No one can help you in real time. You have to create a ticket and and have someone email you?? I had an issue trying to upgrade to studio one professional; after downloading the software, I couldn’t activate it. NO help from tech support even after emailing them. I finally got through the brick wall of “press 1 if...press 2 if...” and threatened to cancel the credit card purchase with the sales dept. guy I talked to. After bitching enough, he finally got a geek on the line to help me. Major thumbs down.