Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Gear free zone - shoot the breeze (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gear-free-zone-shoot-the-breeze/)
-   -   Edward Norton = Greatest Actor of This Generation (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gear-free-zone-shoot-the-breeze/37027-edward-norton-greatest-actor-generation.html)

jordan19 10th July 2005 04:11 AM

Edward Norton = Greatest Actor of This Generation

I've been a fan of his for awhile.

But I just watched American History X.

Speechless. This guy can flip personalities like a coin.

Waylon 10th July 2005 04:27 AM

Yeah, there needs to be a movie made where Ed Norton and Kevin Spacey spend the whole flick screwing with each others heads....

mac black 10th July 2005 04:44 AM

I thought he's a great actor too ..after seeing American history X too, what a movie !!

Waylon 10th July 2005 04:59 AM

Fight Club was also brilliant.

jordan19 10th July 2005 05:26 AM

Primal Fear is obviously his claim to fame, but just about every movie he does illustrates his classy acting chops. His version of a mentally ******** man in The Score was probably what turned me on to his work...

The only movie he geniunely half-assed was The Italian Job. I don't blame him for publicly saying he didn't want to be in that movie lol... after watching it I can see why. Talk about a cliche script lol. (Although the car chase is sick.)

henryrobinett 10th July 2005 06:16 AM

Anyone who gets to squeeze Salma is man of the year in my book.

jordan19 10th July 2005 06:21 AM

yeah but dating courtney love kind of drags The-Man-o-meter down a few points.

couldn't possibly imagine waking up next to that woman. wworried wworried

alphajerk 10th July 2005 07:09 AM

i think there are quite a good number of male actors in this generation. ed norton wasnt one i would put at the top but i do like his work.

jordan19 10th July 2005 05:26 PM

it stumps the hell out of me though how people like Keanu Reeves or Mark Wahlberg can get lead roles. I mean honestly. When I first watched Keanu (in Speed,) I thought he was INTENTIONALLY trying to sound like he was reading his lines straight out of the damn script.

Tim L 10th July 2005 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henryrobinett
Anyone who gets to squeeze Salma is man of the year in my book.

Having Fairuza Balk do the "bump & grind" on you ain't bad either... nice work if you can get it! kfhkh

Ruudman 10th July 2005 08:05 PM

Norton is one of the best male actors in his generation,
no doubt about it.

He could have made a scary, slightly human charater in a remake of "Natural Born Killers"

wworried

ruudman

Drumsound 10th July 2005 10:33 PM

I think he's consistently great. American History X might be his best.

RoundBadge 11th July 2005 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordan19
yeah but dating courtney love kind of drags The-Man-o-meter down a few points.

couldn't possibly imagine waking up next to that woman. wworried wworried

The singer in one of the bands I've been playing with ,used to be married to that thing![PRE K.C..]
You think that chick is a frightwig now??!she was REALLY scary back then..
A way beastier even more wasted version.. double YUUUCKKY!
mezed heh

jordan19 11th July 2005 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoundBadge
The singer in one of the bands I've been playing with ,used to be married to that thing![PRE C.K.]
You think that chick is a frightwig now??!she was REALLY scary back then..
A way beastier even more wasted version.. double YUUUCKKY!
mezed heh

He's lucky she didn't murder him like she murdered her other husband Kurt Cobain. hjghfgg hjghfgg

I could continue blasting that sorryass wh0re but I'll stop there.

mitgong 11th July 2005 02:59 AM

Lately I'm really into Don Cheadle.

max cooper 12th July 2005 12:03 AM

I used to work for Tony Kaye, who directed AHX. Absolutely the most fun I had working in the film industry, he is. No contest. He's a total live-wire.

Too bad that movie got so watered down... (cue the violins, here comes the scene with the seagulls and the sunset!) Super sappy in the last quarter.

jordan19 12th July 2005 03:50 AM

Ed Norton lives here in New York I think. I should look him up lol, and let him know how fukcin cool he is.

Come to think of it, I read somewhere that he's a sick guitarist... which of course makes him even cooler. And the fact that he's an environmentalist in the truest sense of the word, puts him on an even loftier level of coolness.

I think he does some off broadway stuff around here from time to time...

henryrobinett 12th July 2005 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordan19
Ed Norton lives here in New York I think. I should look him up lol, and let him know how fukcin cool he is.

Not unless he's moved in the past year or so. He lives in LA right off Wilsher Blvd. I was living with a cousin of mine a couple of years ago a block or two from his house. That's right when he broke up with Salma. You could see him jogging everyday. Hancock Park. He has a nice house.

jordan19 13th July 2005 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djui5
Stalkers...

jummpp gooof

Alicia 13th July 2005 06:04 PM

Does anyone know who he is dating?

jordan19 13th July 2005 06:08 PM

Does anyone care lol? heh

By the way, welcome. thumbsup You don't see a lot of female slutz around here lol...

Alicia 13th July 2005 06:09 PM

lol jerk!

Alicia 13th July 2005 06:10 PM

oh, and you're welcome! fuuck fuuck

jordan19 13th July 2005 06:11 PM

female *gearslutz *cough cough* jummpp ...probably didn't make that clear enough in the last message lol

Alicia 13th July 2005 06:14 PM

HA, well this is the first time i've been on this site. I just saw the site's name while adding it to my favorties. Funny. Just thought I diddlydoo would share my blonde moment with you.

Alicia 13th July 2005 07:21 PM

So what kind of a site is this? Music equipment stuff?

lordnielson 13th July 2005 07:44 PM

American X is a favorite. Also Christian Bale in "The Machinist" gets into some pretty focused acting.

Pete

cashewcupcake 14th July 2005 01:56 PM

What about tim roth? he doesn't blink.

jordan19 14th July 2005 03:32 PM

I'll tell you whose a stunning actor; James Spader.

Sex, Lies and Videotape was kind of a boringass ****ty movie lol. But his acting in that film was pretty damn good. It's too bad most people never really got him on their radar.

max cooper 14th July 2005 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alicia
HA, well this is the first time i've been on this site. I just saw the site's name while adding it to my favorties. Funny. Just thought I diddlydoo would share my blonde moment with you.

Terms like "Edward Norton" and "Christian Bale" seem to draw traffic!

hey, how about Vincent Gallo? Premier Gearslut, too. Check out Buffallo 66.