Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   So Much Gear, So Little Time (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/)
-   -   Vibrato - who loves it and what do you love? (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/36818-vibrato-who-loves-what-do-you-love.html)

David R. 6th July 2005 11:27 PM

Vibrato - who loves it and what do you love?

I love a good vibrato. Such a great sound.

Got the plug-ins, but I want the real thing.

Got any suggestions? Not looking for an amp with it, just a clean, warm vibrato.

Twang - ang - ang - ang - ang - ang -ang... thumbsup

StuartMac 6th July 2005 11:30 PM

Lovetone Wobulator. Unbelievably warm and rich sounding, and you can trigger it from a drum machine to have it playing perfectly in time with your tracks kfhkh

Beware though - unlike most Lovetone stuff it is NOT true bypass.

paterno 7th July 2005 03:53 AM

The Boss VB-2 guitar pedal if you can find one...

John

PlanB 7th July 2005 04:01 AM

My wife loves it...

Wait... did I just say that? hidz mezed

Curtis Franklin 7th July 2005 05:43 AM

fender vibroverb rules (use with telecaster for amazing crossing the desert vibe)

as for a pedal i love the rotoshphere (hughes and kettner) it can run in mono or stereo (stereo provides rad panning/phasing tricks) is simple to use (two modes: fast and slow) and is a tube unit with a drive channel. it rules.

id go the the amp though if money isnt an option because you really need a good spring sound too.

Messiah 7th July 2005 09:36 AM

I've always really dug the vibrato on the Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe pedal, it is quite versatile too...

StuartMac 7th July 2005 10:29 AM

I have a Voodoo Vibe as well, which gets a lot of use.

By the way, are we talking about real vibrato here, or what Fender amps refer to as vibrato, which is tremolo?

orange 7th July 2005 11:33 AM

strictly speaking - vibrato is changing pitch - tremelo is changing amplitude.

i blame fender for inventing tremelo arms on guitars and causing all this confusion.

si

doorknocker 7th July 2005 11:44 AM

Electro Harmonix Pulsar, my fave next to a Fender Tube trem. The EH stuff has such great character, it's never an imitation of 'the real thing' like with most flangers/tremolos/etc. The Voodoo Lab stuff for example is hi-quality and well done but it always sounded too 'hifi' or even 'sterile' to me.

Andi

www.doorknocker.ch

bobby yarrow 7th July 2005 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuartMac
I have a Voodoo Vibe as well, which gets a lot of use.

By the way, are we talking about real vibrato here, or what Fender amps refer to as vibrato, which is tremolo?

The vibrato on the voodoo vibe is really great -- a lot of folks use mine, tho I rarely do. As it happens, it's also my favorite tremolo pedal, so it covers both sides of the confusion . . .

wallace 7th July 2005 03:24 PM

I bought an Ampeg Jet at a pawn shop a few years ago on a whim for about $250. I've used the vibrato on numerous recordings. It's been great (plus it only costs about $40 to replace the EL84s)!

David R. 7th July 2005 04:58 PM

Great stuff! I never even thought about the distinction between vibrato and tremelo.

Looks like I'm on the hunt for a pedal.