Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Rap + Hip Hop Engineering and Production (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-hip-hop-engineering-and-production/)
-   -   Lucid AD 9624 (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-hip-hop-engineering-and-production/366598-lucid-ad-9624-a.html)

Denny Lavish 17th February 2009 07:25 AM

Lucid AD 9624

Anyone using this. Im looking for an AFFORDABLE converter so I can bypass my mbox. It is a piece that they no longer sell, so Im understandbly a little concerned.

Any thoughts ??

Lavish

Juromero 6th February 2020 05:12 PM

More than 10 years later...

I have a Lucid 9624 A/D and I thought that performs better than the 2010 RME FF 800 A/D Converters... Lots of gain. Usable meters. Stable conection. I know that there are better options, but this units are at bargain prices nowdays... But... Is still worth it in 2020?

How about the D/A9624 compared to the same interface? Is it worth nowadays?

Juromero 9th February 2020 08:11 PM

Bump I'm curious... they are very cheap on Ebay

Franco 18th February 2020 04:09 AM

If the converters are the same grade as their 88192, I’d grab it. I use one of those (88192) for some outboard coming back into my DAW at 48k and it’s great (It’s got a very good clock too). These were used mostly in Broadcast/Post, not too many Pro Audio people got into these, which is why there’s very little info on them on this site.

JblKid95 18th February 2020 02:35 PM

I had one for years. Very clean and boring sound. I wouldn’t use it again. My reason for that was the DA was very tight and small sounding. For recording not for me, but for outboard gear, it might be exactly what your looking for. It has a good soft saturator at the input stage tho

Juromero 18th February 2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franco (Post 14539178)
If the converters are the same grade as their 88192, I’d grab it. I use one of those (88192) for some outboard coming back into my DAW at 48k and it’s great (It’s got a very good clock too). These were used mostly in Broadcast/Post, not too many Pro Audio people got into these, which is why there’s very little info on them on this site.

Thanks for your Reply. Never tried the 88192 but I am sure that is still a sweet sounding converter...

I found the A/D 9624 very clean and smooth-sounding. Is perfect for my small studio setup where I only mic 1- 2 sources at a time.

I spent recently one weekend recording some hip hop style vocals and some voice overs with my Affinity 2 + the A/D 9624 and I really enjoyed it. Nothing fancy but effective and it performed very well.

Based on the good results that I've got with the A/D 9624 I just ordered one of those D/A 9624. It's kinda I have nothing to loose I think.

If the D/A is kind of A/D sounding I think It's a bargain.Note that we are talking about a 20 year old converter...

Is Awesome

Franco 18th February 2020 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juromero (Post 14540183)
Note that we are talking about a 20 year old converter... Is Awesome

Yea man, vintage digital! Hang on to it, especially these obscure awesome converters that went under the pro audio radar! :lol: