Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Post Production Forum (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/post-production-forum/)
-   -   Can we talk ADR software again? (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/post-production-forum/332613-can-we-talk-adr-software-again.html)

Resonater 4th October 2008 10:32 PM

Can we talk ADR software again?
 
Hello all,

Just wondering if any of you are using Gallery's ADR Software or the VoiceQ software? I know this was discussed 18 months ago, and it seemed as though, at that time, the VoiceQ software had some bugs. So, I'm just wondering if they worked those bugs out or whether people preferred the Gallery package or anything else out there?

Thanks,

minister 4th October 2008 10:36 PM

If you run Pro Tools, EdiCue is dead easy, economical and powerful!

Sounds In Sync - EDICUE

I have used it on 3 features and it's great!

santacore 5th October 2008 06:55 PM

That looks like a great program, thanks for the tip Minister.

Resonater 5th October 2008 07:38 PM

yes, Minister. Running a PTHD system, so Edicue looks interesting. I'd never heard of it before. I had heard only of Gallery ADR and VoiceQ ADR, which are both considerably more costly (albeit, with extra features). I'll probably demo all of them, but thanks so much for the tip on Edicue! By the way, is it buggy? I'm running a PPC G5 Dual 2.0 with PT 7.4cs7 and OSX 10.4.11.

Thanks again!

minister 5th October 2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resonater (Post 3545392)
By the way, is it buggy?

Not at all in my experience.

Watch the demo movie.

mfranken 17th October 2008 12:54 AM

Just wanted to add to this thread that we've release an update for EdiCue (v1.3.0). This includes:

- Option to load sessions cued with multiple film reels that are exported with Footages. Reel numbers are then printed at the head of all footages
- Option to create script files. Script files can be loaded into third-party apps to burn-in subtitles into quicktime movies
- New font handling to select all host computer fonts when printing PDFs. Allows for any international character set to be printed
- Preference to add a gap between cues on the engineers form and print the scene number on the actors form
- Bug fix for character text files. Now exports timecodes correctly
- Option to set the location of where files are exported/saved to

Also the Colin Broad Streamer software VS-Link3 can now load EdiCue XML files directly.

Regards,

Mark

Resonater 17th October 2008 02:29 PM

Mark,

Thanks for the update info. It's great having you on the thread!

Best,

Lipflap 17th October 2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minister (Post 3543576)
If you run Pro Tools, EdiCue is dead easy, economical and powerful!

Sounds In Sync - EDICUE

I have used it on 3 features and it's great!

Thanks for the tip. It looks promising. Does anyone know if EdiCue supports right-to-left languages such as Arabic and Hebrew?

mfranken 19th October 2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lipflap (Post 3578328)
Does anyone know if EdiCue supports right-to-left languages such as Arabic and Hebrew?

I see no reason why EdiCue won't handle this. If you are going to create your cues in Pro Tools however you will probably have problems exporting the text file as PT can't create a UTF-8 (Unicode) text encoded file. I also don't know if PT works as expected in a right-to-left environment.

One of our clients was in Russia recording ADR and needed to print cue sheets with Cyrillic text. They ended up creating the cues in PT without entering the cue's text, then in TextEdit they added the Cyrillic and save the PT text file with a UTF-8 encoding. Then setup EdiCue's import prefs to UTF-8 and imported the file. All worked great.

You might have success with PT if the host computer is setup using the native language that you are cueing (at install time). Export the text file, then import into EdiCue using the 'System Setting' text encoding. If the system is set to use an encoding that contains all the characters you require then you should be okay. One sticking point with this may be that you might not be able to create/transfer the western characters required for the 'Tags'. eg: [r1].

Hope this helps. If you have a chance to try this out feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,

Mark

jrimas 28th October 2008 09:16 PM

Any Hopes in the Future of EdiCue working with Nuendo??

mfranken 29th October 2008 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrimas (Post 3607587)
Any Hopes in the Future of EdiCue working with Nuendo??

Nuendo should be able to load midi files created by EdiCue to trigger audio beeps and vision wipes - although we haven't tested this ourselves. We haven't looked at creating cues in Nuendo for EdiCue to load as yet.

The main requirement on Nuendo's part would be able to create the equivalent of a Pro Tools region group on a track. I'm not sure it can do this. If you can create some kind of clip on a track that doesn't generate any audio media, enter text longer than 31 chars into it and export this text along with it's start and end times we're in business.

Feel free to contact me off-list if you like. We could look at implementing something early next year if we can get what we need out of Nuendo.

Regards,

Mark

hadoco 16th October 2010 10:18 AM

is ther any software like voiceq work for windows ?

mgoorevich 16th October 2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfranken (Post 3583080)
I see no reason why EdiCue won't handle this. If you are going to create your cues in Pro Tools however you will probably have problems exporting the text file as PT can't create a UTF-8 (Unicode) text encoded file. I also don't know if PT works as expected in a right-to-left environment.

One of our clients was in Russia recording ADR and needed to print cue sheets with Cyrillic text. They ended up creating the cues in PT without entering the cue's text, then in TextEdit they added the Cyrillic and save the PT text file with a UTF-8 encoding. Then setup EdiCue's import prefs to UTF-8 and imported the file. All worked great.

You might have success with PT if the host computer is setup using the native language that you are cueing (at install time). Export the text file, then import into EdiCue using the 'System Setting' text encoding. If the system is set to use an encoding that contains all the characters you require then you should be okay. One sticking point with this may be that you might not be able to create/transfer the western characters required for the 'Tags'. eg: [r1].

Hope this helps. If you have a chance to try this out feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,

Mark

Usually mixing Hebrew with English becomes a real problem.
No Microsoft word, no internet browser works flawless with it. You must always "cheat" the program to insert a Hebrew word and to continue with English in correct order. It's a little bit better on Win machine....but we are mostly working on Macs here. I have never experience any problems with Russian. It's fully supported by most text protocols.

hadoco 17th November 2010 10:32 AM

i still looking for dubbing windows software
any help plz ?

hadoco 22nd December 2010 11:57 AM

i want a software good for adr on pc
or some plugins like visual cue or dialoge on screen
work's with sonar

plz

renec 22nd December 2010 03:43 PM

FWIW we use edicue here for all of our film spotting and love it.

mfranken 23rd December 2010 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfranken (Post 3583080)
I see no reason why EdiCue won't handle this. If you are going to create your cues in Pro Tools however you will probably have problems exporting the text file as PT can't create a UTF-8 (Unicode) text encoded file.

Seeing as this thread has come back again I just wanted to update an earlier post to say that AVID has added the option to export Unicode text from Pro Tools in PT9+. Hence if you can enter the correct text/characters for a language in Pro Tools, you'll be able to export this into EdiCue to generate PDF scripts or files for various streamer/cueing devices. See the EdiCue user guide for more information.

Regards,

Mark