Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   TREQ : Some delights? - Analog Obsession (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1330450-treq-some-delights-analog-obsession.html)

AnalogObsession 28th October 2020 04:37 PM

TREQ : Some delights? - Analog Obsession

https://c10.patreonusercontent.com/3...L2XKsqeBAjc%3D

TREQ v4

Tri**** style classic four band equalizer.

- Switchable High Shelf : 8kHz / 12kHz \/ +/-15dB

- Switchable Low Shelf : 60Hz / 120Hz \/ +/-15dB

- Switchable High Pass Filter : 50Hz

- Sweepable Low Mid : 100Hz to 1500Hz \/ +/-15dB

- Sweepable High Mid : 1kHz to 15kHz \/ +/-15dB

- Input & Output Controls : +/-15dB

- VU Meter for output level

Re-designed whole circuit and optimized code for better processing and low CPU usage.

And finally!

There is "readout" for knobs with user input!

Note : There is difference between High Mid and Low Mid frequency knobs' readouts. While Low Mid shows values in Hz, High Mid will show values in kHz. So, you should type value in Hz for Low Mid and kHz for High Mid. For example, 140 for Low Mid to point 140Hz and 1.3 for High Mid to point 1.3kHz. Also, you can use four digits for High Mid. For example, 1.36 or 1.364.

Enjoy!

Patreon link;

https://www.patreon.com/posts/treq-34323331

DrAudioBot 28th October 2020 06:57 PM

rockout

Sonic_Beast 28th October 2020 07:04 PM

Is there any saturation on the Input, or output? Can't test it till tomorrow but really happy to see yet another cool tool from you!
Thank you!

Rebane 28th October 2020 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic_Beast (Post 15072923)
Is there any saturation on the Input, or output? Can't test it till tomorrow but really happy to see yet another cool tool from you!
Thank you!

I tested it, but couldn't spot it, even with high gain.

But the EQ curves sound nice and sweet, thanks for this one Tunca! :) Also, I was wondering, do you have any plans for any "lower end" saturation boxes in the future? I'm thinking that 90s electronic sound, something like driving an old Mackie, Soundcraft or Heath & Allen home mixing desk...

VarikusBrainz 28th October 2020 08:21 PM

Your main page doesnt seem to update when you release an updated version

Ben Logan 28th October 2020 09:01 PM

Super!

AnalogObsession 28th October 2020 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic_Beast (Post 15072923)
Thank you!

Quote:

I tested it, but couldn't spot it, even with high gain.

But the EQ curves sound nice and sweet, thanks for this one Tunca! Also, I was wondering, do you have any plans for any "lower end" saturation boxes in the future? I'm thinking that 90s electronic sound, something like driving an old Mackie, Soundcraft or Heath & Allen home mixing desk...
There is no saturation. No preamp or saturation unit. Just eq circuit. Even, when you go 15dB input, no really hearable saturation. Input knob is just gain staging if needed.

About lower end units, i'm thinking about StudioMaster 16/4 console. It has really good sounding preamp and equalizer. I've built stereo as a hardware for my friend in the past. I'm familiar with it. I can re-check it. Really easy circuit to build as hardware. Its preamp based famous 1970s British preamps. Also, eq is same as vintage British equalizers but just curve response. Kind of poor man's N*** with sweepable low and mid band.

Quote:

Your main page doesnt seem to update when you release an updated version
I guess, it's about Patreon. Cause, i'm updating post instead deleting old one and creating new one. While updating posts, possible to send update notification to patrons but i don't think it's possible to move old post to top. This could be mess, i guess. But i wiil check it...

Also, there is pinned post at the top. You can find all plugins' download links without going deeper into old posts.

Quote:

Super!
rockout

Thanks!

Stereo Flux 28th October 2020 10:46 PM

A good weekend coming for testing an updated TREQ v4 =)
Thanks, Tunca!

RitchieBorg 28th October 2020 11:02 PM

Sounds really good to my ears! Will you do the same thing with the W492 ?

bmanic 28th October 2020 11:11 PM

Absolutely lovely GUI! Very nice to work with. There is definitely a clear 2nd and 4th harmonic to this, so some distortion. I did like that you implemented oversampling before. Any reason why you've not done that in the new iterations of these plugins? There is some aliasing that bounces back quite heavily (to about -70dBFS when running a signal at around 0dBFS into the plugin) so oversampling would help here as it did with your previous versions where you had it available.

Still, it's quite a mellow EQ and doesn't contain loud harmonics as long as it isn't pushed so should be quite safe to use even at lower sampling rates.

Anyhow, very well done Tunca! Great addition!

AnalogObsession 29th October 2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmanic (Post 15073556)
Absolutely lovely GUI! Very nice to work with. There is definitely a clear 2nd and 4th harmonic to this, so some distortion. I did like that you implemented oversampling before. Any reason why you've not done that in the new iterations of these plugins? There is some aliasing that bounces back quite heavily (to about -70dBFS when running a signal at around 0dBFS into the plugin) so oversampling would help here as it did with your previous versions where you had it available.

Still, it's quite a mellow EQ and doesn't contain loud harmonics as long as it isn't pushed so should be quite safe to use even at lower sampling rates.

Anyhow, very well done Tunca! Great addition!

Thanks!

About oversampling, i tried two different methods in the past. First one was causing high frequency loss. Second one was warping phase.

To be honest, i am not fully done with oversampling but the best one is this, at the moment. Actually not best but better than other two method.

This method has low cpu usage and good phase response but there is still aliasing. I don't think it's that bad but still need to improve.

I know there are lots of plugins with decent oversampling but i still can't make it... But as i said, i am still working on oversampling...

AnalogObsession 29th October 2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RitchieBorg (Post 15073542)
Sounds really good to my ears! Will you do the same thing with the W492 ?

Yes! It's one of my fav eq as a hardware or software.

I will update all eq plugins but of course will take time...

slipper 29th October 2020 01:51 PM

Hi Tunca, thank for this great update!

The output metering seems to be off, compared it with loaded output meter, works correct in logic x, but Treq eq does not.

Please check it out :)

P.s. the read out on the knobs should be implemented in all your plugins :)
looking forward on such an update.

Cheers mate!rockout

MusicLov3r 29th October 2020 02:01 PM

This plug should be called "Lokum" as it is Turkish delight ! kfhkh

AnalogObsession 29th October 2020 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipper (Post 15074751)
Hi Tunca, thank for this great update!

The output metering seems to be off, compared it with loaded output meter, works correct in logic x, but Treq eq does not.

Please check it out :)

P.s. the read out on the knobs should be implemented in all your plugins :)
looking forward on such an update.

Cheers mate!rockout

I already calibrated it but i guess something wrong with scaling. It show - 3 to +3 correctly but other values show with extra +4. Will check it, again. Thanks for your interest and feedback!

Quote:

This plug should be called "Lokum" as it is Turkish delight !
freshflowe

Digital Crush 29th October 2020 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnalogObsession (Post 15074469)
Thanks!

About oversampling, i tried two different methods in the past. First one was causing high frequency loss. Second one was warping phase.

To be honest, i am not fully done with oversampling but the best one is this, at the moment. Actually not best but better than other two method.

This method has low cpu usage and good phase response but there is still aliasing. I don't think it's that bad but still need to improve.

I know there are lots of plugins with decent oversampling but i still can't make it... But as i said, i am still working on oversampling...

I admire how open and responsive you are with everyone. Not to mention your plugins which are getting better and better with every release. You deserve all the support
Thank you

StoneyBCN 30th October 2020 09:59 AM

Thank you Tunca, looks awesome! As you probably know, it's my favourite equalizer in the analog world.

Those readouts are a big step up man, well done! I can't even imagine how much work goes into these things.

Herzton 30th October 2020 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnalogObsession (Post 15074469)
Thanks!

There’s an open source SRC library by Voxengo, if that might help:
https://github.com/avaneev/r8brain-free-src

AnalogObsession 30th October 2020 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Crush (Post 15076078)
I admire how open and responsive you are with everyone. Not to mention your plugins which are getting better and better with every release. You deserve all the support
Thank you

Thanks for your thoughts!

I'm not sensei but i believe, being respectful, kind and honest is the key of success. Not only business, in real life and human relationship...

That's why i'm trying to be open and responsive. End of the day, i'm happy with that. I'm nice to people and people are nice to me... peachh

Quote:

Thank you Tunca, looks awesome! As you probably know, it's my favourite equalizer in the analog world.

Those readouts are a big step up man, well done! I can't even imagine how much work goes into these things.
Thank you so much!

Really nice eq as hardware. I built prototype for my friend and made ready to go PCB for him. With extra quality components, this eq will shine! Of course, it has already good components but if you use discrete opamps, will sound really better! More character...

Quote:

There’s an open source SRC library by Voxengo, if that might help:
https://github.com/avaneev/r8brain-free-src
Thanks for advice! It's already in my radar. :cop:

TimPani 31st October 2020 01:16 PM

Beautiful EQ well done Tunca!

I'm really chuffed with this thing, big smiles all round, love the subtle micro stereo deviations.

range 31st October 2020 02:29 PM

Been looking forward to this, I was a purchaser of the v1 TREQ.

I am happy about the lack of oversampling to be honest, been popping ssq and britchannel as my main eqs around my music and the low cpu is appreciated.

I loved the sound of v1, this looks like it addresses the things I wanted changing about it. Excellent again Tunca.

Do you reckon you'll ever have a go at a full tape plugin? I think you could pull off something special going by your recent efforts.

range 31st October 2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimPani (Post 15079048)
Beautiful EQ well done Tunca!

I'm really chuffed with this thing, big smiles all round, love the subtle micro stereo deviations.

It has slight differences on left and right? ooooh nice, I think this should be a thing on more plugins, just really subtle.

Looking forward to giving this a go when i can!

Stereo Flux 31st October 2020 06:24 PM

About oversampling, yes, r8brain is free, open source, one of the cleanest. Try linear-phase mode, steep filters. I think it is not a problem if there will be some pre-ringing at 22kHz if 44.1 input (or pre-ringing at higher frequencies, if higher sample rates used), it is better than aliasing, short and you can't perceive this. If there is pre-ringing, so post-ringing will be shorter, than only long minimum-phase post-ringing.

TimPani 1st November 2020 01:07 AM

Running a sign wave and a meter will demonstrate this

Quote:

Originally Posted by range (Post 15079165)
It has slight differences on left and right? ooooh nice, I think this should be a thing on more plugins, just really subtle.

Looking forward to giving this a go when i can!

range 2nd November 2020 10:28 PM

Please do the studiomaster console, if you do an old mackie i think you'd make a good few ppl happy.

What's up next tunca, ssq and britchannel have been great.

AnalogObsession 2nd November 2020 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by range (Post 15083724)
Please do the studiomaster console, if you do an old mackie i think you'd make a good few ppl happy.

What's up next tunca, ssq and britchannel have been great.

StudioMaster and Mackie have small designs. I can combine them as consumer box. Why not?

Selectable preamps. And side by side two eq with band-bypass option. So, you can use one of them or combine bands as you want.

And even go crazy! I can add serial and parallel chaining. You can use both eqs serial to create monster. Or parallel option to eqing in coming signal with both of them and blend output of both. Hmm, nice idea! Need some effort but not that hard. Mind cops are working... :cop:

At the moment, working on N492ME. Better GUI with readout and shelf/peak options for low and high bands.

Also, i just released KABIN. It's kind of snack. :)

dubguy99 3rd November 2020 08:10 AM

yeah, please do Mackie CR 1604.....

Rebane 3rd November 2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubguy99 (Post 15084586)
yeah, please do Mackie CR 1604.....

Oh yes, this, please rockout

range 3rd November 2020 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnalogObsession (Post 15083753)
StudioMaster and Mackie have small designs. I can combine them as consumer box. Why not?

Selectable preamps. And side by side two eq with band-bypass option. So, you can use one of them or combine bands as you want.

And even go crazy! I can add serial and parallel chaining. You can use both eqs serial to create monster. Or parallel option to eqing in coming signal with both of them and blend output of both. Hmm, nice idea! Need some effort but not that hard. Mind cops are working... :cop:

At the moment, working on N492ME. Better GUI with readout and shelf/peak options for low and high bands.

Also, i just released KABIN. It's kind of snack. :)

Nice one Tunca, sure you can pull this off in a good way. Make it a 3 band eq and it will be a nice little channel strip!

range 3rd November 2020 02:25 PM

Oh and if you add those little variances that are in treq, as an option, it will make for a really decent console emu!