Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/)
-   -   Moog New Dark Series for Matriarch & Grandmother (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/1326608-moog-new-dark-series-matriarch-amp-grandmother.html)

Synthetica 24th September 2020 08:08 PM

Moog New Dark Series for Matriarch & Grandmother

Grrrrrr, I see Moog are taking after Elektron and offering these synths with a new paint job. I almost didn't get a Matriarch originally due to the paint scheme but then realized this was silly, as it was the sound I was after. Now they release them in all black Like I would have wanted.

Harry Palmer 24th September 2020 08:29 PM

much better kfhkh

Synthetica 24th September 2020 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Palmer (Post 14995024)
much better kfhkh

Yea I agree the new ones do look much nicer to my eyes.

This new video is pretty good too ...

Quote:

Lisa Bella Donna | The Mothership II: Night Flight - YouTube

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/uflRnt-H3aI/maxresdefault.jpg

The Mothership has landed. As a sequel to her mind-expanding semi-modular performance in "The Mothership" earlier this year, sonic sorceress Lisa Bella Donna...

studio460 24th September 2020 09:39 PM

I’m waiting for the white one.

Thevegasnerve 24th September 2020 09:48 PM

i think this was a smart move, making it a little more compatible (visually) with their smaller offerings. sure would love one of those Matriarchs!

Thevegasnerve 24th September 2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studio460 (Post 14995193)

i really liked those white-edition moogerfoogers. would love to see a reissue at the same prices again in those colors. not sure about a white version of these...

rockmanrock 25th September 2020 01:07 AM

It's just a new sticker isn't it? Easy money!

greenlights 25th September 2020 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studio460 (Post 14995193)

Paint it white if you want it white. Simple...

kwaping 25th September 2020 01:49 AM

IBTL

Musicncars 25th September 2020 02:00 AM

I prefer the originals to the dark versions.

kpatz 25th September 2020 02:03 AM

I have to say the dark series synths look sharp. Since my other synths are mostly black or other dark colors (my Moog Sirin is the outlier here), they would blend in well in my setup.

Musicncars 25th September 2020 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpatz (Post 14995734)
I have to say the dark series synths look sharp. Since my other synths are mostly black or other dark colors (my Moog Sirin is the outlier here), they would blend in well in my setup.

I think it makes them
Look bland, but what I think doesn’t matter. Besides, I have the originals.

Mr. Syc 25th September 2020 02:28 AM

Why even go there. It’s a synthesizer. Enough of this bs everywhere else. It’s for creating music. The universal language spoke and understood by all.... at least so says jack. I’ve been waiting for them to make a black version. Looks good!

Dequadix 25th September 2020 03:26 AM

peachh peachh peachh please please please!

kcearl 25th September 2020 04:02 AM

Joking aside...Ive never liked the multi colours...but the issue for moog isnt change of colour, they need to up their quality control on recent synths. But Im def a fan of the new looks.

pr0gr4m 25th September 2020 04:17 AM

I don't see how this update makes it any easier to locate the jacks on the back of this thing. It's a whole lot of meh if you ask me. Without all the fancy colors how on Earth am I going to know if the knob I'm turning is for the filter or the mixer? What? I have to read or use my ears? Pshaw! And the dust! Oooooh the dust. With the colors I could let it sit for a couple months before having to pull out the microfiber. Now, I'll have to keep a shop vac next to my keyboard stand just to keep this thing from looking like it's been sitting in storage for 20 years. I mean, sure it would look awesome sitting in between my MS-20 and and VC-10, even if they aren't as black. And yes, if I got it then I could be all 4+4 and whatnot but who really needs more than 3 Moog oscillators, really?

Fuggin' things are bad ass lookin'!

orcoaffamato 25th September 2020 04:46 AM

I still prefer the coloured ones...

orcoaffamato 25th September 2020 05:13 AM

And btw THIS is a real cool black synth cooge

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/29...g?v=1599263309

tricera 25th September 2020 05:19 AM

I spent ten minutes looking at the new black ones on screen then looking behind me at the coloured ones but I couldn't decide. The black ones are sleek, but the old ones are pretty unique and interesting-looking.

touched 25th September 2020 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tricera (Post 14996041)
I spent ten minutes looking at the new black ones on screen then looking behind me at the coloured ones but I couldn't decide. The black ones are sleek, but the old ones are pretty unique and interesting-looking.

I would have picked a different shade for the old ones, but now that I've seen the alternative I'm getting kind of homesick for the original (a home I've never been too, but still tearing up). I might need to get an original Matriarch. I've been wanting authentic Moog and the Mother 32 isn't getting me there.

uly81 25th September 2020 06:47 AM

Will they continue selling the OG color scheme or is my Matriarch now becoming a rare collectors item over time?

greenlights 25th September 2020 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uly81 (Post 14996135)
Will they continue selling the OG color scheme or is my Matriarch now becoming a rare collectors item over time?

They say both will be available indefinitely.

El-Burrito 25th September 2020 08:17 AM

All colors are great as long as they are black!

iMO these look very cool. Still too expensive for what they do, but Moog is the Apple of synths.

Spider76 25th September 2020 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Palmer (Post 14996259)
always a good idea when things go south.

Also, don't forget that in the "options" menu there is the invaluable "Ignore Thread" feature, which will make the thread simply disappear from your forum: it won't show up in the main screen or using the search function.
I've been using a lot since I discovered it, not only for toxic threads like this but also for all the topics regarding gear and processes I'm not interested in.
It works MUCH better than the "Unparticipate", "Unsubscribe" and "Ignore user" options, which to various degrees still keep things somehow visible.

It's an awesome way to keep your forum cleaner, more readable and more interesting!

Harry Palmer 25th September 2020 09:15 AM

i prefer to iggy a person, iggy a thread and you might miss out on something. least you have the option view an iggied persons post. kfhkh

dr_Jezz 25th September 2020 09:40 AM

A thread about the colour of a new synth - 3 pages of passionate argument, but not one picture of said synth? Unless I missed it. This place is becoming steadily weirder.

earwolf 25th September 2020 09:56 AM

Earl is right of course. Colo(u)rs yes yes but no deal if these are still buggy shoddy crap

Mr Sombrero 25th September 2020 10:26 AM

Very classy and understated! A nice contrast from the bold originals, they all look fantastic though really.

https://www.moogmusic.com/news/intro...ch-grandmother

Spectral Climax 25th September 2020 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockmanrock (Post 14995644)
It's just a new sticker isn't it? Easy money!

Well, they also have new deep red buttons (I think), but yeah , it seems like their usual marketing BS again.. it's almost 10% more expensive (for the Matriarch), for what reason?

I wanted to buy one, but I'm not going to give them 200 more euros for a sticker.

mrj1nx 25th September 2020 10:53 AM

This just bumped the Matriarch up quite a bit on my list, looks way more legit now next to something like a Prophet 6 hidz