Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   BABY Audio releases Parallel Aggressor (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1320202-baby-audio-releases-parallel-aggressor.html)

The Press Desk 29th July 2020 02:47 PM

BABY Audio releases Parallel Aggressor

2 Attachment(s)

Parallel processing plays a fundamental part in getting a “big” mix sound. By processing multiple copies of the same track and blending them together, you can add more punch to a mix — in a more natural-sounding way.

It's like teamwork: Multiple copies of the same track - each focused on doing one specific job - can achieve more together than a single copy being processed to death on its own.

Parallel Aggressor is based on this simple concept. The plugin splits your audio into three equal parts:

Dry - Your original signal
Spank - A heavily compressed duplicate
Heat - A heavily saturated duplicate

Work the duplicates hard! Then combine all three signals to squeeze every drop of sonic juice out of your track.

Link: https://babyaud.io/parallel-aggressor-plugin

Neptune45 29th July 2020 05:36 PM

When is this on offer until? I'll download it and give it a go.

Also is the spank parallel compression feature exactly the same as in the I Heart New York Plugin or does it add something new?

Be interesting to see what the parallel saturation is like. The only other plugin I have tried like this is the Scheps Parallel Particles by Waves.

Eric Stravinsky 29th July 2020 07:54 PM

Here's a demo from Warren Huart of Produce Like a Pro:

greenroom 29th July 2020 08:20 PM

Additional Discount for I ❤️ NY owners?

Neptune45 29th July 2020 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenroom (Post 14886306)

Hopefully but doubt it as most people probably ended up getting I Heart NY for free.

bladetragic 30th July 2020 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenroom (Post 14886306)

$19 Crossgrade offer for I Heart NY owners on Plugin Boutique

greenroom 30th July 2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladetragic (Post 14886684)

As of this AM this upgrade option has disappeared...

Jagman18 30th July 2020 06:07 PM

Just downloaded the trial version of this and there is a really nasty bug when trying to close the plugin as it causes Logic 10.5.1 to immediately crash.
Happened three times in a row and that was enough for me.

Never really got the chance to trial it properly..

BABY Audio 30th July 2020 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagman18 (Post 14888016)
Just downloaded the trial version of this and there is a really nasty bug when trying to close the plugin as it causes Logic 10.5.1 to immediately crash.
Happened three times in a row and that was enough for me.

Never really got the chance to trial it properly..

Hey Jagman,
I'm in Logic 10.5.1 as well and that's one of the DAWs we test the most on. So I can assure you with 99.9% certainty that this is not a general Logic bug.

But I'm sorry nevertheless that you experienced this issue. Would you mind writing me at [email protected] so we can get it fixed? In any case I'd love to find out what's going on and perhaps get the error reports if you don't mind sharing them.

/Caspar

bladetragic 31st July 2020 02:25 AM

Demo'd and liked what it added to a drum bus and w/ the crossgrade offer it was a great price so I purchased.

One small feature that I found myself wanting was the ability to solo multiple bands simultaneously to get a quick idea of how the different signals were interacting/blending with each other. As it stands now you can only solo one at a time, and turning the volume sliders up and down is a little less convenient. Perhaps the ability to Ctrl or Shift + click on another bands solo button if you want to solo/unsolo a band without deselecting the signal that is already solo'd.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the plug and can see it getting a lot of use especially for drums.

Is there any oversampling going on under the hood?

Jagman18 31st July 2020 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BABY Audio (Post 14888515)
Hey Jagman,
I'm in Logic 10.5.1 as well and that's one of the DAWs we test the most on. So I can assure you with 99.9% certainty that this is not a general Logic bug.

But I'm sorry nevertheless that you experienced this issue. Would you mind writing me at [email protected] so we can get it fixed? In any case I'd love to find out what's going on and perhaps get the error reports if you don't mind sharing them.

/Caspar

Yes you might be right and I didn't mean to appear "anti" on the plugin.
Will test some more later today and email you my findings.

best of luck with the plugin. :)

TheSweetSpot 31st July 2020 12:48 PM

Been demoing it for the last hour or so and I really like it rockout Just a couple of things I'd like included that would make it even better: a resizeable GUI and a simple on/off button. But for the price, this is outstanding and I think I'll definitely be purchasing.

Havok87 31st July 2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BABY Audio (Post 14888515)
Would you mind writing me at [email protected] so we can get it fixed?

/Caspar

Did you miss the U out of that?

BABY Audio 31st July 2020 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havok87 (Post 14889435)
Did you miss the U out of that?

Ha, nice call out :) It's been some busy days! [email protected] it is - just edited my post.

Caspar

BABY Audio 31st July 2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSweetSpot (Post 14889373)
Been demoing it for the last hour or so and I really like it rockout Just a couple of things I'd like included that would make it even better: a resizeable GUI and a simple on/off button. But for the price, this is outstanding and I think I'll definitely be purchasing.

Very happy to hear that! Regarding the on/off button: the BABY Audio logo actually is a bypass switch. Click it and the effect will go into click-free bypass. There's a graphical bypass overlay on the GUI that appears when it's in bypass mode. Then click anywhere within the plugin borders to re-engage.

For resizing, this is something we'll implement soon. Comeback Kid (our delay plugin) had resizing for a while but it messed too much with the CPU for some PC users so we're figuring out a solve for that before putting the option back in. I hope it'll come with the next update.

Thanks again for the positive feedback. Means a lot to read!

/Caspar

TheSweetSpot 31st July 2020 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BABY Audio (Post 14889442)
Very happy to hear that! Regarding the on/off button: the BABY Audio logo actually is a bypass switch. Click it and the effect will go into click-free bypass. There's a graphical bypass overlay on the GUI that appears when it's in bypass mode. Then click anywhere within the plugin borders to re-engage.

For resizing, this is something we'll implement soon. Comeback Kid (our delay plugin) had resizing for a while but it messed too much with the CPU for some PC users so we're figuring out a solve for that before putting the option back in. I hope it'll come with the next update.

Thanks again for the positive feedback. Means a lot to read!

/Caspar

Fantastic, thank you for the detailed reply :) Just purchased and I'm excited to put it to work! rockout

rafaelcerrato 31st July 2020 05:14 PM

How to get the crossgrade offer?

I can't see in plugin boutique, maybe I'm missing something, please help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladetragic (Post 14886684)

Neptune45 31st July 2020 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rafaelcerrato (Post 14889779)

Just looked as well and the crossgrade offer seems to have disappeared...

rafaelcerrato 31st July 2020 05:33 PM

Shame...

:tut:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neptune45 (Post 14889787)
Just looked as well and the crossgrade offer seems to have disappeared...

greenroom 31st July 2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rafaelcerrato (Post 14889804)
:tut:

Totally confusing on the marketing / sales side. :cop:

bladetragic 31st July 2020 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rafaelcerrato (Post 14889779)

Yeah it looks like it's been removed for whatever reason.

SonicStrike 31st July 2020 07:24 PM

I think is nothing special really... but try it yourself and decide.... all is about personal preference

BABY Audio 31st July 2020 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenroom (Post 14889915)
Totally confusing on the marketing / sales side. :cop:

Hey all! Totally get how that is confusing.

To clarify: The price point of Parallel Aggressor is $49 and the intro sale is $29. The intro sale ends on August 30th.

The crossgrade offer was a mistake in communication between us and Plugin Boutique, which is why it has now been taken down.

As much as we try to get everyone aligned prior to a release, these things can happen. We're really sorry for the confusion!

/Caspar

TonStrom 9th August 2020 05:33 PM

use BGA20 to get 20% discount on all Baby plugins