Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   Heritage Audio proudly announces the Baby Ram Monitor Controller (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1316328-heritage-audio-proudly-announces-baby-ram-monitor-controller.html)

raddistribution 25th June 2020 08:07 PM

Heritage Audio proudly announces the Baby Ram Monitor Controller

3 Attachment(s)
Introducing the Baby RAM: a boutique, passive-circuit monitor controller inspired by classic European console designs. Baby RAM is the ultimate controller for total transparency — a zero-compromise signal path, paired with a simplified control set keeps both your monitors and your ears where you need them.

Baby RAM features a 4 gang, 24 step rotary switch for volume as opposed to cheaper stereo potentiometers, which means the precision of your stereo signal is perfect on every position! Baby RAM also has no insertion loss, meaning that there’s no extra coloration or signal loss at any settings.

Baby RAM might pack a zero-compromise circuit design, but it couldn’t be any easier to use: 2 stereo -pair inputs and outputs — both balanced and ground free (unbalanced compatible) on gold plated TRS jacks, and Mute, Dim, Mono, and Volume monitoring controls make Baby RAM a breeze to work with. And with it’s passive design, it also means you have no concerns with bad power supplies, as no supply is needed!

Baby RAM is built with the most cutting edge methods in manufacturing and design, without ever compromising audio quality or cutting corners.

Price: $179

mutetourettes 25th June 2020 08:12 PM

Looks interesting stepped alternative to the nos monitor controller

JimmyTurbo 26th June 2020 04:17 PM

Well this is exactly what I'm looking for.
When will these ship?

mutetourettes 26th June 2020 04:56 PM

Hmmm, considers possibility of hacking the back into a db25 for neatness...

DeadPoet 27th June 2020 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mutetourettes (Post 14823237)

Good idea. Add a small "doghouse" at the back? I reckon with about 4-5cm you could do just that.

Herwig

sam guaiana 27th June 2020 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mutetourettes (Post 14823237)

Good idea considering it's only 8 TRS inputs. That said, one 8ch snake would keep it super clean as well!

~ufo~ 28th June 2020 04:23 PM

Wow. That price looks too good to be true!

phantomcenter 28th June 2020 09:50 PM

Are these shipping? Exactly what I've been waiting for for the home studio.

DogCake 28th June 2020 09:54 PM

It looks great, but 24 steps may result too few, I think.

Incept 28th June 2020 10:48 PM

Looks very nice. If you add 2 headphone outputs and charge an extra $50 I would be happy to pay $229.00

mutetourettes 29th June 2020 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incept (Post 14827474)
Looks very nice. If you add 2 headphone outputs and charge an extra $50 I would be happy to pay $229.00

buuuut that would require active circuitry etc etc... maybe just get a JDS atom

to go with it?

sam guaiana 19th July 2020 07:14 PM

Can both output work at once? Like can you run a sub on this that you can cut?

Hardtoe 19th July 2020 10:50 PM

I already have Drawmer MC3.1, but this fills a hole in the market nicely - If I need a simple monitor controller this would be the one - the other affordable options I'ver seen look cheesy and colour the sound!

Transistor 20th July 2020 10:09 AM

Nice. Will there be a version with xlrs? I’d hate to have to build converter cables for something as clean as this.

j,

leckel1996 20th July 2020 10:59 AM

Nice, this is exactly what I’ve been looking/waiting for. Will certainly be buying this!

mike vee 20th July 2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Transistor (Post 14867915)
Nice. Will there be a version with xlrs? I’d hate to have to build converter cables for something as clean as this.

j,

does anything exist in two versions like that?

mike vee 20th July 2020 09:51 PM

This is exactly what the market has been needing. Would be nice to have headphones and talk-back, though. Basically to replace the functions of Apollo twin.

Transistor 20th July 2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike vee (Post 14868990)
does anything exist in two versions like that?

Plenty of gear with combo jacks.

j,

dyscode 7th August 2020 04:30 PM

Is this resistor-cascade based volume regulation?

If so, this would be a very interesting (and much cheaper) alternative to the Goldpoint SA2X series.