Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   Korneff 4K LMC clone plugin - Talkback Limiter (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1312730-korneff-4k-lmc-clone-plugin-talkback-limiter.html)

Matt Hepworth 29th May 2020 05:43 AM

Korneff 4K LMC clone plugin - Talkback Limiter

Looks kind of cool. 4K Listen Mic Compressor. Nice concept.

https://korneffaudio.com/product/talkback-limiter/

Krubbadoo 29th May 2020 01:31 PM

Seems pretty cool indeed! It needs Ilok (which I don't mind) but I am wondering how many authorizations?

Topsoul182 29th May 2020 03:55 PM

Im really loving this. It adds tons of attack to drums and squeeeezes vocals

Dj Walker 29th May 2020 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krubbadoo (Post 14769282)
Seems pretty cool indeed! It needs Ilok (which I don't mind) but I am wondering how many authorizations?

2 Auths, picked it up a few days ago.

mvd83 29th May 2020 04:26 PM

I am a huge Acustica Audio fan and have also nebula. Those libraries are really pro. Since I am spoiled I am not amazing pretty quick but this thing is really amazing!!! The drum library is btw also killer! I hoped I didn't like it since I have so many plugins but I can't ignore this beast!!! Is it a temp intro price or the normal price? Does anyone know?

Korneff Audio 29th May 2020 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvd83 (Post 14769654)
Is it a temp intro price or the normal price? Does anyone know?

We still have a 10% off for a few days. Use this code:

Smashcash10

The demo is fully functional for 7 days.

Dan Korneff 29th May 2020 09:53 PM

Here's a little more info for everyone interested.

The Talkback Limiter

https://korneffaudio.com/wp-content/...main-image.jpg

Secret Weapon of Top Producers

First found in the classic SL4000 E series console, the Talkback Limiter was THE sound of drums throughout the 80’s, and is still a major component on records today. Originally designed to protect control room speakers and personnel from loud noises over the studio communications system, this down and dirty, heavy-handed limiter is perfect for adding huge amounts of punch to any signal with a transient.

Flexible and Tweakable

Our Talkback Limiter has expanded functionality to make it more versatile than the original, and useful on more than just drums. It adds pop and tickle to bass tracks, brings out attack and details on guitars, and adds a gutsy quality to vocal tracks. The Korneff Audio Talkback Limiter has additional controls to let you further tweak the plugin. The bottom line is you have a lot more control of this plugin than engineers had over the original console based unit.

Feel free to check out the 7-day, fully functional demo!

mvd83 30th May 2020 07:56 PM

With the extra discount I pulled the trigger. Tried it mostly on drums but soon going to try it on other material. Thanks for the discount code!

AudioScape 31st May 2020 02:55 AM

AHHHH!!! Dan strikes AGAIN and releases one of our favorite dynamics manglers of ALL-TIME !!!

LOVE it - sonics are spot-on and the additional "circuit" features are SUPER fun and make this way more versatile.

ALSO - love the easter egg of dis-engaging the LED / Voltages up top and getting some SUPER nasty sounds happening with different combos - that alone sold us!

Fantastic work as always, Dan! kfhkhrockout

MogwaiBoy 31st May 2020 06:09 AM

This thing can thicken a waveform in such a way!

$30? Bargain.

Usgggg 31st May 2020 07:10 AM

I; like......

https://youtu.be/-Pgt9wZoq6I

abduction

toneage 31st May 2020 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
“there is no license keys available for talkback limiter”
I really don’t respect this business model

Deff J 31st May 2020 02:16 PM

yeah, i wanted to buy this, bu i can't because of the above stated reason. Why?

Gee 31st May 2020 02:30 PM

Must be a problem I bought mine last night no problem (maybe I took the last one!cooge

leckel1996 31st May 2020 02:49 PM

Probably just a bug in the web shop. I can’t imagine they “ran out” of licenses.

Gemylon 31st May 2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toneage (Post 14773224)
“there is no license keys available for talkback limiter’l

+1

Dan Korneff 31st May 2020 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leckel1996 (Post 14773347)
I can’t imagine they “ran out” of licenses. ������

I'm going to look into this asap. We may actually have to add more licenses!
Stay Tuned
Dan

Korneff Audio 31st May 2020 03:21 PM

More Available

Hi All -

Yikes! Due to overwhelming demand, we used up all the license codes we made and had to make more!

We are really sorry about this. We knew we had a winning plugin on our hands, but we had no idea we would sell so many so quickly.

But we’ve generated a bunch more, and you can get a Talkback Limiter at our website now: https://korneffaudio.com/product/talkback-limiter/

We are very sorry you were inconvenienced. Problem solved. Go squash some drums!

Deff J 31st May 2020 03:25 PM

So how about a bundle price for both of your plugs?

Krubbadoo 31st May 2020 03:54 PM

Bought this yesterday and love it! Congrats Dan!

mvd83 31st May 2020 06:17 PM

Glad I have bought it right in time. I am happy for you Dan, that the sale is running so well!

SBX-80 31st May 2020 06:30 PM

I love SSLs, I have various SSL channelstrips. I've also worked on real ones before.

But none of the plugs have the talk back limiter.

I obviously bought this earlier today.

I've only tested it briefly so far, but I like what I hear.

thermos 1st June 2020 01:08 AM

This was available as SSL’s 1st free plugin like 15 years ago. That was my favorite plug they ever made, and they discontinued it too soon. Looking forward to checking this out!

galaydees 1st June 2020 02:26 AM

The idea of filling out what amounts to the equivalent of a mortgage application to demo this thing is repugnant.

Dan Korneff 1st June 2020 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galaydees (Post 14774545)
The idea of filling out what amounts to the equivalent of a mortgage application to demo this thing is repugnant.

Basic billing info and a checkbox for terms and conditions is "repugnant"? confoosed

Squeegee 303 1st June 2020 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Korneff (Post 14774560)
Basic billing info and a checkbox for terms and conditions is "repugnant"? confoosed

I just want to say, for me personally, if a company seems reputable and their checkout process is secure, I have no problem giving my details for a demo plugin as I would normally give during checkout when buying a plugin.
I gave my details to demo this product. That process created my account on the Korneff website. I liked the demo and bought it. I like having an account with the companies’ I buy plugins from so there’s a record of my purchases. I especially appreciate having a record of my purchases when updates or discounts are offered.
That’s just me. I guess “repugnant” is relative.

Musician 1st June 2020 11:29 AM

100 kbs/sec download for the demo of 268 MB..... wtf???
45 min download...............grrr

Korneff Audio 1st June 2020 12:06 PM

Slow Download

That is the first complaint we’ve gotten of a slow download time, and we certainly will look into it. Could you PM me your location and the time you downloaded and we’ll check server logs and see if we can find the issue?

ManMulcahy 1st June 2020 07:29 PM

This thing is f*cking sweet on drums, well done! $30 is a no-brainer.

Musician 1st June 2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korneff Audio (Post 14775071)
That is the first complaint we’ve gotten of a slow download time, and we certainly will look into it. Could you PM me your location and the time you downloaded and we’ll check server logs and see if we can find the issue?

PM 'ed you Dan.