Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Geekslutz Forum (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/geekslutz-forum/)
-   -   Mixer Main Output Saturated! Help me mix it (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/geekslutz-forum/1312007-mixer-main-output-saturated-help-me-mix.html)

Maxir4k 24th May 2020 05:31 AM

Mixer Main Output Saturated! Help me mix it
 
Hi! Hope you all doing good these hard and strange times.
I have a issue with a DJ mixer I got and I treasure, it is a Behringer VMX200. The mixer has a RCA type Main Output, but the right output for some reason comes aout saturated, so if I use stereo speakers the right side blasts, so I normally I just listen to the left side. I really dont want to go to a repairman, cause where I live there arent many pro audio guys and its kinda expensive. I wanted to ask here if someone can help me fix it with my dad. Really hope so.

Grettings beforehand!
Maxi Rivera

JohnRoberts 24th May 2020 01:30 PM

take it apart and look for a bad solder joint in parts connected to those outputs.

JR

Maxir4k 25th May 2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRoberts (Post 14758226)
take it apart and look for a bad solder joint in parts connected to those outputs.

JR

Hi! I'm looking at the mixer board rn and everything looks OK, couldn't find a bad solder joint. It'd be weird anyway, cause when it was new it sounded all right.

enginefire 25th May 2020 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxir4k (Post 14760788)
Hi! I'm looking at the mixer board rn and everything looks OK, couldn't find a bad solder joint. It'd be weird anyway, cause when it was new it sounded all right.

Just re flow all the joints for the connectors in question. I can’t tell you have many times this has fixed issues when my eye couldn’t see a problem, with gear that worked great when new. It’s not new anymore right? Time has a way of breaking things.

JohnRoberts 26th May 2020 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxir4k (Post 14760788)
Hi! I'm looking at the mixer board rn and everything looks OK, couldn't find a bad solder joint. It'd be weird anyway, cause when it was new it sounded all right.

Do you have any test equipment? A simple VOM could be useful.

When troubleshooting a stereo path where one side is OK and the other faulty... you can trace backwards from the output to see where they first began to not be the same.

JR

Maxir4k 26th May 2020 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRoberts (Post 14761691)
Do you have any test equipment? A simple VOM could be useful.

When troubleshooting a stereo path where one side is OK and the other faulty... you can trace backwards from the output to see where they first began to not be the same.

JR

Damn, I'm 100% sure I have one lying around, have to go get it and check the output voltages with the left channel as a reference, and find out where it jumps.