Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   PreSonus Studio One (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/presonus-studio-one/)
-   -   Studio One - How to find tempo and key? (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/presonus-studio-one/1307287-studio-one-how-find-tempo-key.html)

cap217 22nd April 2020 04:46 AM

Studio One - How to find tempo and key?

How do I find the tempo of an imported track?

How do I find the key?

cap217 22nd April 2020 11:24 PM

Anyone?

JoeyM 27th April 2020 02:50 AM

It can take a while for an answer here. Great fundamental question though!

I wonder if there isn't better ways to do it since whatever they said other times and I too await someone who does this day in and day out to shed the light. kfhkh

cap217 29th April 2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyM (Post 14690729)
It can take a while for an answer here. Great fundamental question though!

I wonder if there isn't better ways to do it since whatever they said other times and I too await someone who does this day in and day out to shed the light. kfhkh

It doesnt make sense that there isnt a feature. It will map chords for you but not give you the key? And it cant map the tempo which should be easy.

I use melodyne to get the key, its easy but it seems like more work than it should be.

I dont know how to get tempo. I tap it manually to get it close for FX but if I want to start cutting and moving a 2 track around, I cant do it with ease of grids.

JoeyM 29th April 2020 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cap217 (Post 14696490)
It doesnt make sense that there isnt a feature. It will map chords for you but not give you the key? And it cant map the tempo which should be easy.

I use melodyne to get the key, its easy but it seems like more work than it should be.

I dont know how to get tempo. I tap it manually to get it close for FX but if I want to start cutting and moving a 2 track around, I cant do it with ease of grids.

I know Studio One has had at least two ways to get Tempo into place over music you brought in or recorded. But, at some point I think it was a when a perfect storm happened - there was a technical bug which compounded the problem in this and another area and I didn't end up learning the latest method. The earlier one was murder!

I'll edit this when I remember what it was. But yeah for the meantime that's what I do, is click in the Tempo and at least get the plugins in sync, but like you say it's no substitute for the markers in place all the way through.

But I'll say this, if this was Reaper, you hit M every bar which makes a marker. Adjust any markers that are a bit off, and convert the markers to bars. Temp all good.

This is one reason I'm trying to find an intermediate format for Reaper and Studio One to convert with, whether AAF or the other one. Studio One exports AAF easily but so far Reaper looks to be OMF.

JoeyM 4th May 2020 02:06 AM

Something to think about in the meantime; beating around the bush here...

I relate to those 1-minute videos from Gregor (? Presonus guy). rockout