Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   High End (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/)
-   -   Is Massenburg hardware coming back? (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/1299131-massenburg-hardware-coming-back.html)

Gearrhea 17th February 2020 08:29 PM

Is Massenburg hardware coming back?
 
Such interesting gear, was really interested in that compressor.

are they looking for a new manufacturing partner?

UKMK00 17th February 2020 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gearrhea (Post 14538508)
Such interesting gear, was really interested in that compressor.

are they looking for a new manufacturing partner?


Gearrhea....thats like Diarrhea cept for Gear, right?

Wow, aren't you the clever one...

Master_Splinter 26th February 2020 06:46 PM

The 8200, mic pres and channel strip are readily available.

loji 26th February 2020 09:30 PM

Yes, the compressor is amazing


worth every penny.

doubt they will make any new ones ... it's a VERY complicated analog computer.. The music industry doesn't support that kind of development like in the 80's and 90's

if you can find one, buy it.

then dedicate the next 6-months to learning how to use it.

Wiggy Neve Slut 27th February 2020 09:30 PM

Thought there was a GML compressor plug on the cards?

Gearrhea 27th February 2020 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loji (Post 14556566)
Yes, the compressor is amazing


worth every penny.

doubt they will make any new ones ... it's a VERY complicated analog computer.. The music industry doesn't support that kind of development like in the 80's and 90's

if you can find one, buy it.

then dedicate the next 6-months to learning how to use it.

They should get Elysia to manufacture it.

Drumsound 27th February 2020 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiggy Neve Slut (Post 14558705)
Thought there was a GML compressor plug on the cards?

I've heard rumors that friends of Gorge have it.

loji 27th February 2020 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gearrhea (Post 14558707)
They should get Elysia to manufacture it.

GML is still manufacturing... as stated above, the EQ's preamps, PSU's etc... are all still available new. and they still support these vintage discontinued compressors with service. (I just had a 8900 recapped, and a 2030 repaired by them in CA last year)

However, they will no longer build NEW 8900 or 2030's. The compressors are too complicated. In the case of the 2030, they built their own VCA from the ground up. (in the older 8900's it's Valley People or DBX VCAs) Not sure those parts are even available anymore. So the only way to get one is find them used. And they very rarely come up for sale .... for a good reason

That said. the GML compression is the most flexible I've ever used. At ANY price point.

The closest thing I've found is Solera.... still doesn't have the depth/grab/integrity of the GML hardware