Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Reviews (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/reviews/)
-   -   Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/reviews/1297860-antelope-audio-discrete-8-synergy-core.html)

BcMusic615 8th February 2020 02:47 AM

Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core

I recently purchased the Discrete 8 Synergy Core from Vintage King for my professional home studio. For many years I have used MOTU's 828 mk3 hybrid and wanted something with better clocking and higher quality converters. Upon installation, I was truly blown away by the sound quality! Setup was quick and easy and I was up and running in no time. The preamps sound beautiful and the build quality is rugged and total pro! My mixes have never sounded better! The Discrete 8 also has DSP powered plugins and microphone modeling with a plethora of the finest models of the most sought after mic preamps, compressors, eq's and more, freeing up your computer's processing power. They sound GREAT!

I had a minor issue that I needed to contact customer support and they were courteous and friendly and completely resolved my issue.

As a music professional I rely on quality gear to make a living and Antelope Audio is my choice from here on. The quality is incredible and you can find any system they offer to suit your needs. I couldn't be more pleased with my purchase!

rodrigov13 8th June 2020 04:45 AM

I purchased this interface for my project studio a couple months ago and its worth every penny. I have used Focusrite, Universal Audio and Avid. In terms of sound detail and quality this is the best interface I've owned. The preamps sound amazing too. And combined with the Verge Microphones, recording guitars and overheads in stereo is amazing. The stereo image is outstanding.

I took a star from ease of use because it took some time to register the interface and learn how to use the software. But once you get it, it has endless options of routing.

Also, mixing with the AFX is a great experience. They sound really good.

Hoping to get another interface from Antelope to have at home.

KBMex 12th June 2020 03:11 AM

Antelope happy user!! Very happy with my Discrete 8 Synergy Core! The sound of the preamps and the converters are superb. I use to record with the Orion 32 Gen 3 (i love the sound of the converters) and i use the D8 SC just for mixing with their plugins, what a great value. I’m running it on an IMAC via Thunderbolt 2 with no noticeable latency. This interface is a game changer for me. Thanks Antelope!!! kfhkhkfhkhkfhkhkfhkhkfhkhkfhkhkfhkh

TheJosh1980 13th September 2020 10:14 AM

I bought the Antelope Discrete 8 Synergy Core late last year from Thomann in Germany and I couldn't be happier.

I upgraded from an Allen and Heath ZED R16, which I really enjoyed, but I wanted something smaller/portable and more up to date. The plugins, the routing and the converters are fantastic.

Thank you Antelope for making such a great product.

MADVILLA 30th September 2020 03:43 PM

Purchased the Discrete 8 SC for its impressive hardware spec and ability to run real time effects outside of the DAW. Have had the unit for several weeks now and I am thoroughly impressed. The AD/DA quality is super crisp, the pre-amps sound mint, and the routing capabilities are very extensive.

My only issue is that the software isn't 100% stable. Occasionally the interface will randomly disconnect and I have to restart the unit + software. Or the mix console will freeze or start acting weird, which leads to me having to restart the software or unit. It doesn't happen everyday, but more often than it should. Nothing I can't live with though. The amazing quality of the unit overall makes up for this slight issue. I have faith Antelope will sort this problem with firmware updates in due time.

mykhal c 8th November 2020 05:08 AM

i recently purchased the D8SC and i gotta say the DAC just blew me away!! i own the AVID Omni interface also so the conversion that i'm used to was of good quality. but as soon as i heard the D8 i knew i had stepped up!! so bravo there!!!

ease of use is a mixed bag. i'm on Windows so there is some limitation there. having to use the plugins as inserts is a drag. and having an i7 3930k on the 1176 socket/X79 mobo w/o the TB header is a bummer. but i have been impressed with thru-put of of the USB 3.0. but i did know the limitations as i bought in!! integration with Pro Tools works w/o issue.

my biggest complaint was with the registration. i had issues trying to get things registered on PC. i eventually gave up and went to my Mac. as soon as i did that things went smoothly.

hopefully this will help others as they look to this unit as a possible addition! cheers!