Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Avid Pro Tools (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/avid-pro-tools/)
-   -   PT Perpetual 2019 - What plugins remains after expired support plan? (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/avid-pro-tools/1292886-pt-perpetual-2019-what-plugins-remains-after-expired-support-plan.html)

BM Grabber 30th December 2019 08:32 PM

PT Perpetual 2019 - What plugins remains after expired support plan?
 
I have just bought myself a PT 2019 New Plan/reinstatement as an upgrade from PT10... What plugins are included in PT 2019 Perpetual, and stays when the new support plan expires?

Are there a list of included plugins somewhere?

PS. My plan is to not start using (or to install) plugins that will expire with the support plan... I am all for staying with the perpetual license.

Sorry for what may be some stupid questions, but many things have changed since I used PT 9/10...

Is it any easier to keep up with PT, their update and ownership regime? Or is it a mess?

Thanks in advance

jwh1192 31st December 2019 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BM Grabber (Post 14414169)
I have just bought myself a PT 2019 New Plan/reinstatement as an upgrade from PT10... What plugins are included in PT 2019 Perpetual, and stays when the new support plan expires?

Are there a list of included plugins somewhere?

PS. My plan is to not start using (or to install) plugins that will expire with the support plan... I am all for staying with the perpetual license.

Sorry for what may be some stupid questions, but many things have changed since I used PT 9/10...

Is it any easier to keep up with PT, their update and ownership regime? Or is it a mess?

Thanks in advance

pretty simple ... when you load up Pro Tools thats what you get !!!

any of the Guitar Pedals Avid has or possibly Avid Pro Limiter & Pro Compressor .. the Falcon UVI stoped working for me .. thought they gave that one to us .. oh well

BM Grabber 1st January 2020 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwh1192 (Post 14416524)
pretty simple ... when you load up Pro Tools thats what you get !!!

any of the Guitar Pedals Avid has or possibly Avid Pro Limiter & Pro Compressor .. the Falcon UVI stoped working for me .. thought they gave that one to us .. oh well

Thanks...

I was under the impression that those extra plugins/instruments in my Avid account were free and perpetual... Like the Eleven effects bundle, Xpand!2 + First Air effects/instruments (or are those Air packs for PT First).

Well... I will install PT itself as soon as I'm back at my studio computer... and have a look kfhkh

jwh1192 1st January 2020 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BM Grabber (Post 14417643)
Thanks...

I was under the impression that those extra plugins/instruments in my Avid account were free and perpetual... Like the Eleven effects bundle, Xpand!2 + First Air effects/instruments (or are those Air packs for PT First).

Well... I will install PT itself as soon as I'm back at my studio computer... and have a look kfhkh

my thinking was the same as you until i opened Pro Tools and it told me Falcon - Bye bye !!

xmission 2nd January 2020 03:22 AM

It'd be cool if uvi had a falcon upgrade to vst option for those who have it in PT.

musicman691 9th January 2020 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmission (Post 14418824)
It'd be cool if uvi had a falcon upgrade to vst option for those who have it in PT.

UVI doesn't do crossgrades. You evidently missed the recent sales UVI had on Falcon - $244 US and you get a voucher for $100 off on anything in the UVI store along with 2 free expansions.

xmission 9th January 2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 14438430)
UVI doesn't do crossgrades. You evidently missed the recent sales UVI had on Falcon - $244 US and you get a voucher for $100 off on anything in the UVI store along with 2 free expansions.

Guess I did.