Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Newbie Audio Engineering + Production Question Zone (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/newbie-audio-engineering-production-question-zone/)
-   -   Eventide flanger and phaser sale (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/newbie-audio-engineering-production-question-zone/1283511-eventide-flanger-phaser-sale.html)

Mike4343 18th October 2019 07:40 AM

Eventide flanger and phaser sale

Hi,

These 2 are on sale and was just wondering if they are worth buying if you produce house music. I know some people will say just get then if they are cheap but I'd rather buy something else for 50 quid if I'm not going to use them much.

Thanks

CJ Mastering 18th October 2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

I know some people will say just get then if they are cheap but I'd rather buy something else for 50 quid if I'm not going to use them much.
Why would you buy something that someone else tells you to buy if you would rather buy something else? I don to understand.

Just buy what you need. Forget about if its cheap or not. That doesn't matter
There are many things that are cheap, it doesn't mean you should get them, does it? Nope!!!!

Mike4343 18th October 2019 08:56 PM

What a stupid reply.

I'm asking if it is worth buying for a hobbyist like me. Is it worth it? It seem like it I, the reviews are good. Will I use it in any of my mixes? I'm not sure that is why I am asking. Theres lot of things on sale all the time, I have the izotope mixing bundle and am looking for advice on other bits of gear to add to my arsenal.

There is nothing wrong with asking peoples opinions. Theres a lot of stuff on places like plugin boutiqe which is on offer but as a hobbiest I'll only ever use maybe once or twice so come here where people who do it full time for a living can advise me on wether Its worth spending £50 while on offer or avoid and buy something different.

CJ Mastering 21st October 2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

What a stupid reply.

I'm asking if it is worth buying for a hobbyist like me. Is it worth it?
3 days and no replies but mine LOL Don't blame the reply for your stupid question. LMFAO. Blame yourself for asking a question no one can actually answer accurately

Its like me asking you, if i prefer like vanilla ice cream over chocolate ice cream.
DUH, how would you know what i prefer? Do you get it now or will i be back here responding?

filterfreak 23rd October 2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike4343 (Post 14272746)
What a stupid reply.

I'm asking if it is worth buying for a hobbyist like me. Is it worth it? It seem like it I, the reviews are good. Will I use it in any of my mixes? I'm not sure that is why I am asking. Theres lot of things on sale all the time, I have the izotope mixing bundle and am looking for advice on other bits of gear to add to my arsenal.

There is nothing wrong with asking peoples opinions. Theres a lot of stuff on places like plugin boutiqe which is on offer but as a hobbiest I'll only ever use maybe once or twice so come here where people who do it full time for a living can advise me on wether Its worth spending £50 while on offer or avoid and buy something different.

Imho it is well worth it! I just purchased them a few days ago and they sound better than most flanger/ phaser plugins I own kfhkh